Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kherriot View Post
    Really really hard right now. I think I have really blown it his time. We are not talking at all. Making dinner and then bed. Don't know if I will be able to sleep, maybe sleeping pils.
    Hi K. Gee, sounds tough. I hope you get through the night ok. Let's hope tomorrow is much better. But you are doing a great thing in taking action to reclaim your life with no more booze. You will be ok. Stick at it friend. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey Karen!

Don't hesitate to lean on your friends here if there's anything we can do.

There are some great listeners here!

Your fellow nesters will be thinking about you.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hey Karen :hug:

Don't worry about ANYTHING else tonight, except NOT drinking. Just take care of you, like Ava said. Tomorrow will take care of itself.
        If you are hungry right now, please eat. That will take care of any cravings you are having and will also help you sleep better.

We are here for you if you need to talk.

Remind yourself that you are doing the best thing you can do for yourself and for everyone else by working on your sobriety.

Accept the things you cannot change (the past)
        Change the things you can change...
        Realize the difference between those things.
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

I have missed all the support that I get from all of you. I am glad to be back, just not too sure how to start again. But I am trying.
          KAREN

Comment

Just stick close. One day at a time, Karen. You can do it!

08-13-15

Comment

Thanks, you don't know how much that means to me...I am trying...I think admitting it again was really the hardest thing.
              KAREN

Comment

What's that saying Karen?

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. And you are taking it now. :thumbsup:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

You made me cry.......sometimes you just have to be reminded. THANKS
                  KAREN

Comment

Be kind to yourself tonight, Karen.
                    We can be our own worst enemies sometimes.

G-man, I like the thought of getting up and out the door BEFORE the crap come home to roost. I know I always feel better if I start the day with a little exercise.
                    I've been running across a few good quotes lately. Here's to those struggling, but still here fighting;
                    Never discourage anyone... who continually makes progress, no matter how slow -Plato

Comment

Thanks, sometimes or most of the time it is hard to think of yourself.
                      KAREN

Comment

WOW All of you are awesome. I have really missed talking to all of you. I will check in daily, maybe not post all the time but really appreciate the support.
                        KAREN

Comment

We are here for you whenever you need us, Karen. Try to get some rest.

08-13-15

Comment

Thank you so much. I don't know if anyone else feels this way but it SUCKS
                            KAREN

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I had kind of a quiet day for a change, enjoyed it too
                              Tomorrow all the hectic kid stuff returns!

Karen, I bet we all felt the way you do right now, we understand.
                              This is the time to begin to think of yourself, your goals & make a good working plan for success. We've got your back, you can do this!

Thinking of you Byrdie & Lil :hug:

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by kherriot View Post
                                I feel so guilty after reading the posts about all the hardships that are happening right now with the "newbies" group. My problems seem so minimal compared to what is happening. I have decided to come back and start again. Thanks ABC for your support. I realize that I can't keep beating myself up for my failures. All I can do is get back to my goal. So here is to DAY 1.....................Hope it goes better this time. Thanks for all your support.
                                This particular bubble hour that Pav recommended was extremely helpful. See PavĀ“s most recent post above. I was in such denial for so long and it was helpful to hear other women talking who had the same experiences and thoroughly explained the stages folks go through before finally taking action to quit. With new to coming back, this one will definitely help you. Welcome back. I should have known you back then but was too busy thinking I could control my drinking and kept doing the same thing thinking there would be a different result. Nice to meet you. I am addy which are the acronyms for what I am...All Done Drining...Yes!

Addy
                                "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Working...
                                X