No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon everyone! Some great milestones today. Congrats to PAV and AVA :welldone:
    The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Sometimes sleep is the best remedy Jvo.
      Tomorrow you will have a bit more clarity.
      I am amazed at how tired I feel after a bout of anxiety... Takes the life right out of me. Rest!
      (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Jumping in to wish everyone a safe night in the nest!
        I have to be up & out early to go watch my granddaughter tomorrow.

I have to say I feel fortunate that our supermarkets still do not sell wine or beer where I live. We have to make a special trip to the state store or beer distributor to buy that stuff. Of course, the state store is located in the same shopping center as my supermarket but I have successfully ignored it all these years

Don't let a low mood derail you j-vo, tomorrow will be better!

Peace to all tonight!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, Nest:

Thanks for the support. It really means a lot to me.

My two year anniversary seems to be just another night to fight with the kid over homework. A day like any other. Off to get that math done.

Pav

Comment

Pav and Ava, major congrats to the quit twins who contribute so very much wit and wisdom to this site. When I ruminate over my gratitude list, folks like you who set a shining example of "Yes, you can actually do it!" are at the top. Your AL-free lives speak more than any sermons, podcasts or tip lists. Yay for you, and thank you for sharing your success with us, here.

Off to the races...have a great Thursday, everyone.
            "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Good Morning, Nest!
              Great to see folks checking in. This is a stressful time of year and I can't think of a safer haven than this nest.
              Pav, it doesn't seem right that there aren't parades and National Holidays celebrating this huge milestone. I can see it now.....P-AVa Day!!! For some reason, the rest of the world just doesn't seem to appreciate what it takes to climb out of this pit. However, WE DO! Around here, you are a Super-Stah!!!! (even if you still have to do math homework).

Getting thru the first holiday is not easy, it reminds me of college. Once I got thru it, I was mighty glad I stuck it out and it has done nothing but pay off since! Stick with us....if I can do this, I know YOU can, too! Hope everyone has an easy day! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good morning Nesters.

Sunny, windy & on the cool side, OK with me

I'm spending the day with my granddaughter, watching dinosaur train at the moment, ha ha!!
                I never would have imagined myself spending days like this. Love the perks of an AF life!!!

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!
                Hang in there to meet your goals. You will never be sorry!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Have been sick so am not current. Just jumping ahead here to the end of the thread to say hello. We got addicted to madmen and watched an episode where one of the main characters tells some friends to "watch my wife". I looked at hubby and said, "she has a drinking problem, that's why he said that." Lo and behold, a few scenes later he's carrying the wife over his shoulder to the bedroom as she's drunk as a skunk. Hubs looked at me and said, "Reminds me of the time I had to carry you over the bridge." Yikes...those memories. I too, had a few really bad drunken moments where I couldn't walk straight, stumbled, slurred, fell. And to think I actually believed I could control my drinking! I don't think there's any way my spouse will hope I have a drink again. He's a normal drinker and he doesn't need a drinking buddy. Things work because I am able to allow him to have a glass of wine or a beer if he wants one (without jeopardizing my recovery.) He usually doesn't but on occasion will have one drink. And any time the thought starts to play out in my head that maybe I could just have one too...I come here and read a bunch of relapse stories. Believe me...it helps.

~Addy
                  Last edited by All done drinking; December 3, 2015, 01:26 PM.
                  "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Checking in this morning, just coming off a rough shift at the FD.
                    Hope everyone is well!
                    Screenshot_2015-12-01-18-28-18-1.jpg

Stay Hard my friends!
                    AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Hi Nesters!
                      I'm just checking in quickly before starting with dinner.. to stay accountable. Like you said, Byrdie, it's so important not to get out of the habit.. I don't feel like I have much to say right now. Everything is going along fine.. not too many ups or downs or freak-outs. Each and every day, several times a day, I am so happy NOT to drink. I find I am thinking about life differently than I was before. It's the first time I can remember, when a problem or stress arises, really feeling in my bones that drinking is not any sort of option or solution. Last night while I was in bed, getting ready to fall asleep, it was amazing to me to be fully aware of every part of my body touching the duvet. I was hyper sensitive and it was such a nice contrast to the passing out drunk state I was living not so long ago.
                      Very happy to be here with you all..
                      J-vo, I hope you're feeling better today.. Addy, you, too! Matt, thanks for that list! El, hope you're also feeling better.. how was the last thumb check-up? SSd, how are you today?

hugs to all Nesters stopping in and flying by!
                      Where is Starfish?

Comment

Originally posted by lifechange View Post
                        Hi Nesters!
                        I'm just checking in quickly before starting with dinner.. to stay accountable. Like you said, Byrdie, it's so important not to get out of the habit.. I don't feel like I have much to say right now. Everything is going along fine.. not too many ups or downs or freak-outs. Each and every day, several times a day, I am so happy NOT to drink. I find I am thinking about life differently than I was before. It's the first time I can remember, when a problem or stress arises, really feeling in my bones that drinking is not any sort of option or solution. Last night while I was in bed, getting ready to fall asleep, it was amazing to me to be fully aware of every part of my body touching the duvet. I was hyper sensitive and it was such a nice contrast to the passing out drunk state I was living not so long ago.
                        Very happy to be here with you all..
                        J-vo, I hope you're feeling better today.. Addy, you, too! Matt, thanks for that list! El, hope you're also feeling better.. how was the last thumb check-up? SSd, how are you today?

hugs to all Nesters stopping in and flying by!
                        Where is Starfish?
                        Me too Lifechange, I find myself feeling the same way.
                        I also realize to retain and strengthen muscle mass I must exercise often. I liken this to my addiction, and I have to be reminded.
                        I don't need to wait until life takes a turn for the worse, then show up last minute looking for quick resolve ~ Our Strength or muscle memory is weakened at this point, and God knows how easy it is to crumble when we are weak.
                        Information Gathering, by reading and being actively involved is our mental strengthening, our shield.
                        Hopefully by physically putting this down in words, I can be held accountable for practicing what I preach.
                        It is by NO mistake that the some of the, most active, involved daily posters in the nest have multi years of sobriety.....
                        AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Good morning! Wonderful to still see all of my old friends here. Have a great day everyone!
                          The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Originally posted by Matt M. View Post
                            It is by NO mistake that the some of the, most active, involved daily posters in the nest have multi years of sobriety.....
                            Bravo! Well said.

~Addy
                            "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Hi Over-it!! How are you??

Comment

Checking in. No alcohol thoughts, except that I'm feeling just OVER it being in my life. I just wish I had more of a local crowd of people near me that also didn't drink. It's so in my face daily. I don't think I know anyone else who doesn't drink, except you all. But it is what it is. I want to have a life without alcohol, and I'm feeling like its time. Each time I have caved and had even a little alcohol, I say "Why? That did NOTHING for me." Shouldn't that be enough?

It's painful watching those boozy scenes, isn't it ADDY?
                                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X