No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy birthday Lav....hope you have the lovely day you deserve!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hello All

I joined MWO about a month ago, and have been reading various posts since then. I've been reluctant to post anything, because I was still drinking. But I can see an amazing amount of wisdom and compassion here! So, I'm ready to go.

Long time drinker- steadily increasing consumption to the point of getting drunk every evening.

I was able to stop entirely, for a bit over a year a while back. Then had that fateful first drink (almost out of curiosity, if that makes any sense), and you can imagine what happened next- within a month or so, I was back at it, just like I never quit.

I felt so much better about myself when I was sober. My marriage was smoother (I wonder why my dear wife has put up with my drinking again). I want to get back to that place of contented sobriety. So, with a lot of determination (and a lot of grace from God) and with your good comments and support, I can get there! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by IQuit View Post
        I was able to stop entirely, for a bit over a year a while back. Then had that fateful first drink (almost out of curiosity, if that makes any sense), and you can imagine what happened next- within a month or so, I was back at it, just like I never quit.
        Welcome IQuit :welcome: and thanks so much for sharing with us, especially those particular two lines stated above. So dang easy for people to blow their quit because that nagging voice starts talking into their ear about how they can suddenly control their drinking or stop at one or two because they've been able to quit for a while and are somehow cured of their alcohol abuse issue. It is SO important that we be reminded of that constantly as it's the easiest way to relapse. Folks don't get enough support either here or in the outside world and they start believing that nagging little voice.

Hang with us, read our posts, and share your thoughts. As the words from a newer song go, "If your wings are broken, borrow mine so yours can open too." We have figured out over here at MWO that we can't fly alone.

~Addy
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Happy birthday Lav! Have a bewdy dear lady. X. All the best with your young fella Ava. New opportunities for him. Welcome I quit! Take care nesters. The weekend ain't no front row ticket to no boozeville see.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista, congrats on your 4 big months!! Great job!!!! We are jumpin up and down with glee for you! :hoopup:

Welcome, I Quit! We are so glad you found us! Kicking booze to the curb ranks right up there with BEST DECISIONS EVER! B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi, Y'all
              I've been reading here on and off for a year. I've quit for months, but now am back drinking, and really want to quit this time, for all the obvious reasons.

I realize the need for support with people who understand. MWO is such a friendly good place, and I really love the fact that people from all over the planet check in. How amazing is that? I've got to the point that I am humble and need a helping hand. Tis the season and all....

Comment

You've come to the best place I know, Leafy! Welcome aboard! We are so glad you found us! Settle in and just take it a bit at a time. Hugs, Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Welcome Iquit and leafy!

Pull up a twig and settle right in! Read, read read, post post post. People who do this succeed far better than those that don't. Life is a contact sport....including quitting.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAV!

Comment

Happy Saturday,

Welcome to all the new fledglings in the nest. You have come to the best place for inspiration, support and advice. Hang in there and we will get there together.

Lav - Happy Birthday! You are such a wonderful person and have been a great source of inspiration and encouragement for me since the first day I found this site. I pray this day is one of the best yet.

ADP - Where are you? Are you doing ok? Check in and let us know.

AVA - Glad your drive went well with your son. Sending prayers for him and you.

Have a great AF day,
                    JDG
                    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Welcome IQuit and Leafy. It's great you have found MWO and are ready for a new life. It's not easy, but with constant support from these wise folks, it can be done.
                      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

A big welcome to Leafy and Iquit. 'Good decision, both of you. In the early days, sleep and eat as much as your body wants -- even if it seems a weird amount. Stay so busy that you fall into bed at night, pooped. Hopefully, the time of year should make those things easier. Remember, nobody cares what's in your glass when you celebrate and, if they do, maybe that's something to look at. For now, hang out with people who encourage you whenever you can. That's right here!

G-man, my hero, 4 months has such a nice ring to it. Only bad asses who are serious about the whole thing can chalk that one up. I don't know what you were like on AL, but your sober self is a gift to the world. Rawk on.
                        "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

MAE nesters. Just checking in. Inlaws have left the building (after a 2 week visit) now, to see if I can find my house again 😝 have a great day everyone. Happy Birthday LAV! 🎉
                          The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Thanks for Welcomes.And, happy birthday to Lav! I have Buff Orf chickens,too, so love yer Avi.

I am determined to get through the holiday NOT drinking.I have done well tillast night at the office party...then drank too much wine. WTF? Why does AL grab ya that way, after times out?

Anyway, today is new, and time to change. Help me out, gotta say now I Need it....

Comment

Thanks for Welcomes.And, happy birthday to Lav! I have Buff Orf chickens,too, so love yer Avi.

I am determined to get through the holiday NOT drinking.I have done well tillast night at the office party...then drank too much wine. WTF? Why does AL grab ya that way, after times out?

Anyway, today is new, and time to change. Help me out, gotta say now I Need it....

Comment

Morning nesters

Welcome Leafy and IQ, never a better place to settle than here in the nest. It got me to where i am today and still keeps me accountable each and every day.

Action i would personally avoid your friend. I had my SIL who was my best drinking buddy in the world come for a visit (she stayed elsewhere) and i told her i had stopped drinking but i could hear in her voice she was of the opinion i could have a few with her. Well my dog got very sick and i could not see her. My dog did not get sick but i had to make the choice of seeing her or protecting myself. Now i have told her why and she said that she would never have forced me to drink but my AL brain would have. You need to keep yourself safe in the early days and like addy i hibernated for 3+ months and i will say no now if i feel unsure.

Mr G happy four months, i am so proud of you and thank you for always caring

Lav happy birthday to you and thank you for your words of wisdom that have helped me to get to where i am today. I hope your lovely grandchildren spoil you today. xx

My heat complaint for today is that it is 36 degrees at 10am. blah.
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X