No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x-post, LilBit - Congratulations!! You are living proof that we can make it through even the greatest stresses without a drink. xx, NS

Comment

Hi, Nest:

I'm so glad I found time this morning to check in and wish my Lil Bit CONGRATULATIONS and SALUTATIONS on this auspicious day. What a community rock star you are - you've been through so much this year, and manage it all not only sober, but with amazing humor and poise. I am grateful to be here with you. xo

I am checking in after a few days. I have been remarkably busy in a mostly good way - so much going on now that I am not having a drink every night. I will be away this weekend but will try to catch up Sunday.

xo
      Pav

Comment

Good Friday Morning,
        Thanks for that post Byrdie. I am supersensitive to those ads, Facebook posts...well, super aware, too. What helps me is to remember that it wouldn't be just one drink, it would be several which leads to dreaded anxiety and hangovers. I don't want that. I wasn't in control of anything in my life when I was actively alkying. I didn't have the energy to exercise, have nice conversations with others, and do the stuff I'm responsible for. It was a lonely life even though I have friends and family, I didn't care like I should. It sucked so much out of me. I'm learning who I am, and I ain't so bad. In fact, I'm liking myself a whole lot more than I did. I started reading on Hip Sobriety and there are some great resources there. Anyone on there?
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Morning all,

Nice day here in the Lone Star State. Still going strong.

Congratulations to Lilbit on 1 year fantastic job! You are an inspiration.

Have a fabulous Friday,
          JDG
          Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Good lovely morning everyone!

Byrdie - SO TRUE - you rang my bell this morning with the statement about wanting to drink to cope - something many people do. But EVERY DAY? Not a way to live.

Upandover - Congratulations on your Day 1! That takes guts and work and you should be proud! We can be your audience too if you are ok with feathers vs. fur...

LilBIT - WOW! You rock. SO glad to read how positive you feel about not drinking. Has ANYONE ever posted at one year and said, "gosh, I wish I'd drank that whole time..."? Thanks for being a roll model here!

NS - *LOVE* the back seat screaming voice, great analogy. Reminds me of what my husband was saying the other day - about not following the "emotional" voice, but following the "rational" voice. Yes, my husband, who hasn't drank for 26 days now, is different. He didn't drink huge amounts of alcohol, but without his occasional crutch for shutting the world out, he has made some changes. He made an appt. with a counselor to talk about anxiety and being a better dad and husband and "other stuff" (HUGE step for him), and he said to me the other day, "I just want to make my life better". The point is that alcohol was removed and now he is working to improve himself. The problem with alcohol is that it is a hiding place, and we don't grow or evolve or experience life. It doesn't surprise me that it is when he couldn't have his hiding place that he decided to try to make some improvements. I do worry a little about next Tuesday when it can all be added back in - what will he decide to continue to do? Or will he go back to hiding and not coping?

Alcohol = not a good thing. So glad I don't have it in my life.

PS - where is the hundred day thread? I'm coming there soon....
            Last edited by KENSHO; March 4, 2016, 11:45 AM.
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Congratulations LilBit!!! How awesome for you!
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

yeah, yeah J-vo.... i like that hip sobriety site too!!
                it's nice, right?!!

Originally posted by j-vo View Post
                Good Friday Morning,
                Thanks for that post Byrdie. I am supersensitive to those ads, Facebook posts...well, super aware, too. What helps me is to remember that it wouldn't be just one drink, it would be several which leads to dreaded anxiety and hangovers. I don't want that. I wasn't in control of anything in my life when I was actively alkying. I didn't have the energy to exercise, have nice conversations with others, and do the stuff I'm responsible for. It was a lonely life even though I have friends and family, I didn't care like I should. It sucked so much out of me. I'm learning who I am, and I ain't so bad. In fact, I'm liking myself a whole lot more than I did. I started reading on Hip Sobriety and there are some great resources there. Anyone on there?
                (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Originally posted by LilBit View Post
                  Yay for you, upandover! Just do the same thing tomorrow, and tomorrow and tomorrow... you can do this. Before you know it, you'll find yourself saying what I'm about to say...

One year AF today! 'Best thing I ever did for my loved ones and myself.

Don't ever look back.

Love,

LilBit
                  SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! OMG I am so very happy for you. I honestly never had a doubt. Your a cool chic, and I'm so glad I've gotten to know you!
                  AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Originally posted by upandover View Post
                    Morning, know this isn't much compared to all you strong nesters BUT, yesterday was my day 1. Felt betteer than I have in a long time. Although, last night was tough I got through it drinking lots of Minute Maid Mango juice (15 calories -- I sound like a commercial), and having conversations with my dogs - who are a good audience. Thanks for your support nesters. Hope to not disappoint you all. :yay: u/o
                    Upandover- Your are so right, it isn't much compared to us "Strong" nesters, ....It's bigger than that! Day one is HUGE! It can be the beginning of a new life, and new found freedom. Glad your here and congratulations
                    AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Yay for you, upandover! Just do the same thing tomorrow, and tomorrow and tomorrow... you can do this. Before you know it, you'll find yourself saying what I'm about to say...

Don't ever look back.

Love,

LilBit
                      Rawk and roll superstar! X

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Before you know it, you'll find yourself saying what I'm about to say...

You did it, Lil Bit! Hooray for One Year!!

Comment

Congrats lil' bit!
                          The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

CONGRATS ON 1 YEAR AF LIL :welldone:

Enjoy some cake & know that we are all very happy for you!

upandover, Congrats on your day 1 AF!
                            That is a big deal because it is the hardest day of all. Keep going & have no regrets

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

What a day, just checking today's posts and I see Lil Bit's one year mark!! Holy Moly! Congratulations!! Speech!!! Gosh, I am busting with pride for your yooooooge news! Well done, little lady!!!!! :celebrate:
                              Your fan, Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

thank u sooo much for the support. u/o

Comment

Working...
                                X