Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Nest:

Hi, Fin! Stepping in with a zinger.

Fear keeps me strong. And the fact that I don't negotiate with myself any more. So much easier.

Heading to a conference soon. Used to be big drinking fests - now I look forward to some quite time in the hotel room with my book and a cup of tea. Aaah.

Pav

Comment

Great post today (9 March) on Hip Sobriety - very empowering: http://www.hipsobriety.com/home/2016...x39pmalfhv0o5k
      Last edited by NoSugar; March 9, 2016, 09:51 PM.

Comment

I realized tonight why I loved that my husband was doing this diet with me - because he wasn't drinking and I "felt on the same page as him". And I realize why I'm not eager to go back to our own eating and drinking styles. I realize that I have been wanting his approval. His understanding. His support. His kudos. Though he is not UNsupportive of my abstinence, he will still say he thinks I really didn't have a problem if prodded.

I also realized tonight that it is a waste of time to hold out for this. I will be proud of myself. I will understand my situation better than anyone else can. And I will give myself a pat on the back and then be done with it and move forward without needing it from anyone else. I need to not care whether others understand or approve - because it's MY relationship with alcohol, not theirs.
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Right on, Kensho. We don't need to be worried about what others think or approve of. We are living our own lives. Does anyone ask us for permission or approval,if they choose to go gluten free or if they choose to go to a chiropractor or a medical doctor? Nope. We need to do what is best for us.
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Good morning Nesters,

That's right Kensho & j-vo, we all have what we need to stay on plan. The desire to lead healthy, productive lives surpasses anyone else's opinions

I am watching my granddaughter today. She is happily dancing around in a pink sequined skirt, ha ha!! Grateful to be fully present for these special times, they don't last forever.

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning,

Its cloudy and kinda blah here today. Kensho and J-vo you guys are exactly right. We are doing this for us and no one else. Great posts.

Lav - have a great time with your grand, they grow up fast.

Fin - Good to see you.

Have an awesome Thursday,
              JDG
              Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

I couldn't have said it better myself Kensho, you hit the nail on the head!
                This is our problem, our journey and our lives. No one else feels exactly what we do, if you think you have a problem you probably do.
                Congratulations for seeing things for what they are, kudos!
                (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Looking forward to finishing readying NS's link. It looks very interesting and informative! The more we know the better we do!
                  Hope everyone has an easy day!!! B
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome back. Where have I been? In AL hell. I will no go back there...again...ever...
                    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

It is SO good to see you, Fin! I've thought of you 1000 times over the months. I'm sorry you have been in Alco-Hell, I had a front row seat there and I can tell you, it sucks. This twig is MUCH better and I'm confident that you'll find the same. I'm so happy that you've had enough and are now ready to get down to bidness!!! It took me a LONG time to learn that I can't win against AL. Welcome back!!! Byrdie
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks, Byrd!!

As Winston Churchill once said:

Never,
                        Never,
                        Never give up
                        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Originally posted by Fin View Post
                          Make it Non Negotiable. That keeps the internal chatter down. Onward...
                          hey hey! it that Mando-Fin guy!! How's you been? Glad to see you back!
                          Sam
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

That Is a great link

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                            Great post today (9 March) on Hip Sobriety - very empowering: http://www.hipsobriety.com/home/2016...x39pmalfhv0o5k
                            Thank you for this. I've been reading on this website. I came across
                            "Sobriety BEGAN as an empowering choice - not a consequence of my inability to control alcohol." I can relate to this author completely. And yes I am while I am well seated on the spectrum, I have been looking forward to becoming AF for quite some time but I was/am in that why can't I control it like everyone else. I still was feeling left out, lesser than, etc. and my main trigger after many days AF would be, now that I've had a break. I can control. But if I approach it this way, maybe I can give up the need for control of Alcohol. Many thanks, I will read a lot more of this blog. I even ordered a book she recommends.

Comment

She uses a word regarding quitting that I heard early on which made a huge difference in my mind set: We have an opportunity to quit - I hope you take it, N2Q. None of us who did have any regrets. It's good to see you in the Nest!

Comment

Welcome aboard, Need2Q!!!! Glad you made it over and found that link of NoSugar's! We are here for each other!! Byrdie
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X