Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Nesters!
    we got back home last night and hubs' brother and his GF were in the driveway. They had been looking for houses nearby. Unable to find a hotel they stayed the night withbus. We got up early this morning and started looking some more. She is a picky one! They arent sure whether to buy, build or renovate. They left just a little bit ago. Im beat!

Got a good lead on another job so will shoot a resume over there tomorrow. I hope and pray for some sleep tonight.

Hope everyone is hanging in.....let me tell you, its worth it!
    Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Just to say into day 3, by one hour!

I've not said this anywhere else but I am really grumpy too. Taking my Baclofen but eating chocolate, drinking apple juice (It looks like the first wee of the morning after drinking, but hey, it tastes ok...)

Lets keep going, this is absolutely horrible but I, we, all of us, have got to beat this :newhere::happy2:

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Happy to report a whole day with no rain for a change, yay!!
        In exchange we are now stuck with chilly & very windy conditions, ha ha!

NS, I guess we have been doing some radical synaptic pruning. I read Daniel Amen's 'Change Your Brain Change Your Life book years ago, really resonated with me as well. This also reminds me of the message I get daily from TUT (totally unique thoughts) 'Thoughts become things, choose tem wisely'

Byrdie, I hope you get some sleep, not good to be overtired. The job situation will work itself out - I know it will!

Hello to ssd & everyone checking in tonight.
        Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello & welcome tonyniceday - glad you decided to join us
          Don't worry about being grumpy, it goes away, I promise!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Welcome Tony. Good job on day 3. Those nice days will be along any day now i'm tipping, once the body gets rid of the booze and toxins.

SSD, you are raawkin it wit day 11 friend.

Day 50 here. Anyone recommend a good free Spanish language learning resource for beginners?

Take care out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good Monday morning Nesters,

It's sunny, yay!!

Congrats on 50 AF days G!!!
              Can't help you with Spanish but I can teach you a little German, ha ha!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good afternoon, Nesters.
                A busy morning of networking about new jobs. UGG.....I'm too old for all this!

Welcome, Tony! Those first 3 are the hardest, so the rest should be a matter of 'rinse and repeat!" We are so glad you're here!
                I am going to try and knock out those cookies now! I hope the pastry gods are kind today!!!
                Stay strong, everyone!!! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Quiet day around here - hope everyone is OK

Byrdie, I saw your cookies lady & they are fantastic as usual!
                  Whether you know it or not, you have found your niche

How's it going today tony?

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Howdy!! Having a good night here. Long day, but feeling good. Excited for a good sleep! Good thoughts to all...
                    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Morning all. Still waiting. My daughter was up all night being sick. She is fed up now....hoping she goes soon.
                      We have been out walking every day.....the beach, to the ducks, up a small mountain to try and get this babby moving. We are all getting fit in the process.
                      All good here...after seeing the doc 2 weeks ago I am on medication which I really think is working.....feeling happier and more productive than I have been in a long time.
                      I agree with you Lav about the cookie niche for Byrdie.
                      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Good morning Nesters, happy Tuesday!

Clouds & rain back on the menu for my portion of the nest today, oh well. It was nice to see the sun for two day

Daisy, glad you are feeling better & looking forward to the big event. I know your daughter's pain, my first was almost two weeks late. Will be thinking of you both today

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi, All:

Or as I would say, Byrdie, DOOOOOK. Sorry you had to go through that.

NS - Your sciency approach really helped me, too. Taking the emotion out of it was important for me.

Welcome, Tony. That made me laugh. Hope all is well today.

G - There is an app called Duo Lingo that is free - some would say it is more tutoring than instruction, but give it a whirl. Can't hurt. I also recommend finding someone to talk to - set up a weekly time and have coffee. Does this mean you have chosen a Spanish speaking country?????

Hope all is well.

Pav

Comment

hey guys, I am in the middle of submitting last minute applications for jobs in the fall.

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I am really thrilled about my 2 yr milestone and am happy to be part of this. I really doubt I would have managed without MWO and this crew.
                            I had a thought about drinking the past few days, now my reaction is just 'huh? where did that come from?'
                            I guess that might not stop? Good thing is I don't listen anymore, drinking is a bad idea for me.
                            No more wine for me!
                            Last edited by Eloise; May 18, 2016, 10:20 AM.
                            (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Hello,
                              Just checking in, I didn't realize how long it had been since I last posted, oopsie....Other than that poor lack of judgment, things are okay in my world.
                              Had a drink craving last week that was stronger than the occasional thought, scary part about it was that nothing out of the ordinary was going on. No new stressor or issues. Those type of cravings really get my attention, the Alcohol voice telling me I'm doing so "well" . Been there, done it, got the tshirt and the ticket stub to prove it. Not going to do it again. For my own accountability I'm vowing to post or check in daily for the next 30 days. Even if it's just to say "checking in" inevitably by doing that, something will catch my eye and I will engage. And that's all I have to say bout that.....
                              Stay hard my friends
                              AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

well done eloise!!

Comment

Working...
                                X