No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eloise ...when was the 2 yr ?well done anyway ..you have done great..I remember the uncertainty in the early days ,but thats good news ..the ability just to dismiss the thought well done you deserve it...
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by daisy45 View Post
      Morning all. Still waiting. My daughter was up all night being sick. She is fed up now....hoping she goes soon.
      We have been out walking every day.....the beach, to the ducks, up a small mountain to try and get this babby moving. We are all getting fit in the process.
      All good here...after seeing the doc 2 weeks ago I am on medication which I really think is working.....feeling happier and more productive than I have been in a long time.
      I agree with you Lav about the cookie niche for Byrdie.
      well done you daisy...glad you are doing good girl ..as for the baby ..never mind mountains etc...recall a conversation about a bridge??get yerself and daughter across that..there will be no more waiting!!but good fer you
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hiya All. Taking the day off to research schools for the kids, as they are changing. Also trying to nail down what their summer will look like. My brain is swimming with options and I feel overwhelmed! I guess that mercury retrograde is clouding my judgement!

Anyhow, congrats Eloise! What an achievement - you have weathered some storms and come out on the sunny side today! Keep up the great work!

Matt, you popped into my mind the other day - wondered where you had gone. Good to see you and your foul mouth back in action

We have an extended family vacation coming up in two weeks to the tropics. This place is secluded, and renowned for their famous drinks. My husband asked me if I was going to drink. I said no. He said not even on this trip? Again, I said, it's better this way, really. But the thought has crossed my mind that I could relax more, unwind better, have more fun, fit in with the family better, etc. I recognize this for the BS is it, but this one is harder than some. My husband and I have had some growing pains and one of the things he says is that he wishes we had "more fun". I partly realize we are in the phase of our lives when we are busy, overwhelmed and exhausted, but I could take his statement to mean he thinks I'm boring. So I wonder if drinking made me more interesting? That's stupid. And it's him that's unhappy for whatever reason, not me. I'm feeling better and generally more adjusted and balanced than I have in many, many years.

It's disruptive when the person you live with is unhappy.

Anyway, I know drinking would make me more lost than I could ever imagine - so I will have to weather this challenge. Just thought I'd being it up since it's been on my mind.

Happy Tuesday everyone - keep strong!
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

You sure seem to go on a lot of nice holidays, Kensho! That's a great way to live. I totally get what you're talking about, though, in terms of wanting to really relax in the nice environment. My only suggestion is to use the old "play it forward" technique. For me it won't be just that one nice glass of wine on the porch at sunset. And I wouldn't even enjoy that 'one' because my brain would be racing, trying to figure out how I could manipulate the situation to have more. It hasn't been about "one" in a long, long time and the thought of "one" is just plain irritating. So, like the quote I've read here, If not one, why not NONE? It's the easiest solution, and the most effective. I know you know all this but I just wanted you to know we hear you and understand. xx

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
            Hiya All. Taking the day off to research schools for the kids, as they are changing. Also trying to nail down what their summer will look like. My brain is swimming with options and I feel overwhelmed! I guess that mercury retrograde is clouding my judgement!

Anyhow, congrats Eloise! What an achievement - you have weathered some storms and come out on the sunny side today! Keep up the great work!

Matt, you popped into my mind the other day - wondered where you had gone. Good to see you and your foul mouth back in action

We have an extended family vacation coming up in two weeks to the tropics. This place is secluded, and renowned for their famous drinks. My husband asked me if I was going to drink. I said no. He said not even on this trip? Again, I said, it's better this way, really. But the thought has crossed my mind that I could relax more, unwind better, have more fun, fit in with the family better, etc. I recognize this for the BS is it, but this one is harder than some. My husband and I have had some growing pains and one of the things he says is that he wishes we had "more fun". I partly realize we are in the phase of our lives when we are busy, overwhelmed and exhausted, but I could take his statement to mean he thinks I'm boring. So I wonder if drinking made me more interesting? That's stupid. And it's him that's unhappy for whatever reason, not me. I'm feeling better and generally more adjusted and balanced than I have in many, many years.

It's disruptive when the person you live with is unhappy.

Anyway, I know drinking would make me more lost than I could ever imagine - so I will have to weather this challenge. Just thought I'd being it up since it's been on my mind.

Happy Tuesday everyone - keep strong!

Who me? Foul mouth- WTF are you talking about?
            AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Hey Nesters!
              Got a good lead on a job with a former boss of mine, so thats very positive.
              I also finished those cookies!
              Eloise, GREAT JOB on those 2 years, that is MASSIVE! :two:
              It was a good day. So glad to see everyone checking in. Never take your sobriety for granted.....we worked HARD for it. Hugs, Byrdie
              image.jpg
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters!

Eloise, CONGRATS ON YOUR TWO YEARS AF :welldone:
                What a difference, huh? You can now easily dismiss a random AL thought & go on to have a nice day. That is progress
                I hope your Fall prospects turn out well for you!

Kensho, can you imagine being married to someone for over 30 years only to find out that he 'doesn't trust happiness'???
                No wonder I lost my freaking mind & went down the tubes. Happiness is a choice, just like everything else in life. Why some people choose not to be happy is just beyond my comprehension. Be happy in your life

Byrdie, nice to hear about your job possibilities. I know you are going to be OK. In the meantime, keep making those beautiful cookies!

Hi there Matt, NS & everyone.
                Still chilly & damp here, yuck.
                Wishing everyone a safe 7 cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening nesters

Happy 2 year birthday El a great achievement, well done. I hope your day was happy and you were very proud of yourself.

Well Matt long time no hear, good to see you check in. Those drinking thoughts will always jump in and pass just as quick now. My car broke down in peak hour the other day and i had to get it towed. My anxiety went through the roof and i said to my daughter later that when the tow truck drivers had of dropped me off i would have drank to rid myself of stress at 10am. what a joke that thought is now. I look at my life now and would not take a drink for anyone or anything. I do like who i am growing into without my so called ex best friend.

Finally signed up for a Drug, Alcohol and mental health counselling course. I am ready to gain an education and do what i want to. Scary to go back to studying which i have not done in over 20 years but i know i can do it now, nothing is holding me back.

Daisy good luck with the grandbaby, as we know they come when ready and to be sober being a nana is wonderful.

Well just took my 13 year old dog to the vet, she has done a cruciate ligament jumping off a bed. Old age! Now she is having injections weekly for four weeks. Makes for a long day but she is so worth it. The vets must love seeing me.

Happy holidays Kensho. You dont drink so not much to say really and i am sure there are some lovely non al drinks to be had. As lav said we all make our own happiness, we are making ours by not drinking.

Take care xx
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi I'm new, sober from alcohol for 2 months, look forward to getting to know all of you!

Comment

Welcome southshore! Stick around. Lot's of positive work being done here...

Off to the mountains today with the dog for a quick one day trip to pick up some skis, etc. Have a great AL free day, all.

Being good,
                      -Fin
                      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Good Wednesday afternoon Nesters!

Not much new in my portion of the nest, still plenty cloudy & damp here. I just heard this is now day 20 in this weather pattern. It's definitely time for some sunshine

Hello & welcome Southshore!
                        Glad you decided to join us & congrats on your two months AF!!! Great work

Ava, going back to school is frightening but exciting too. We wish you the very best!

I hope everyone has a great AF day!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Yo-
                          Checking in and Welcome Southshore! 60 days sober is huge!

Lav- I'm pretty sure we are in the exact same weather pattern as you guys in the Northeast. Big thunderstorms off and on for the last month, now just a chilly drizzle and damp. I'm soaking it up because soon it will be Africa Hot...

Not much else going on for me, School is nearing the Summer break so the family is excited. I'm pretty sure my wife is more excited than my boys. She is a Elementary school teacher and has had a tough year, and not so much with the kids. The "entitled" generation of parents that blame nothing on the thier kids and everything on the teacher and or school system. That maybe the way it is, damn sure not the way I was raised anyway.
                          Other than that I pretty much have a big bag of nothing...

Stay Hard Freaks
                          AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Good afternoon, Nesters!
                            A busy day here, as I may have mentioned, my car also had to go to the shop (3 times now) and $608 later, we are HOPING it's fixed. Gosh, that couldn't have come at a worse time.

The job lead looks really good, I was going to fly up to Pittsburgh next week and meet the guy but his boss is going to be out of town so most likely the following week. Selling burglar alarms wouldn't have been my first choice but at this point, it is familiar and my former boss loves it so why not?

Welcome aboard, SouthShore!!! We are so glad you found us! Here is a little something for those two months!! :two: Well done!

Hope everyone is having an easy day. Hugs to all, Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Byrdie, any chance of you relocating? I wouldn't mind having you tucked in to the western portion of PA
                              I hope everything works out perfectly for you & keeping my fingers crossed for your car too.

Matt, I hate to be a moaner but everyone else in this area is moaning, so I'm just joining in, ha ha!
                              Three weeks of cloudy, dark & damp days is about my limit. We have been blessed the not too awfully hot summers the past two years so I don't know what to expect this year. I know I would melt down in Texas real fast!! I hope your summer goes well for you & your family.

I'm up & out before 7 am tomorrow to spend the day with my granddaughter, oh joy!
                              I am seriously grateful for my one on one time with her
                              Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Happy evening Nesters! Welcome Southshore - 60 days is a true achievement. Please feel free to share something about yourself and your story. We like new people!

I'm making a new rule that sleep is no longer negotiable. No more 2 am-ers. I value my health more than that. I don't know how you in the emergency and medical fields do the night shifts - it wrecks me. I will have to plan my time accordingly, and also realize my limitations.

We had sun for the first day in awhile today, and it was a real mood-booster! The family walked the dog and people were in their yards enjoying the day. I'm looking forward to planting flowers this weekend - 2 weeks late! And I'm looking even more forward to the islands. Yes, we do vacation some! This one is by request of - and planned by - my mother in law who turns 70. I can make my own schedule (being my own boss) - but I do pay for it before and after I return.

Nice to hear from you Ava. You are right, I don't drink. So there is no big issue with this trip. They can enjoy themselves and I can continue enjoying the many, MANY wonderful things my life has become during sobriety. I wonder if I will be able to check in here? Not sure if I will get service where we are going. Sometimes it seems like SO long ago that I was a drinker. That I was addicted - that I obsessed about my evening (become afternoon) drinks. It was all I looked forward to. I was lost, out of control, had no real direction, no real sense of myself. I had shallow relationships overshadowed by an obsession with AL. I spent a lot of $ on something that harmed me. SO glad I have found my way out of that hole - why would I ever consider going back? It could never be that romantic vision I sometimes flash on.

Ciao all - I'm off to bed (since I don't drink, and I DO sleep).
                                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X