No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossing my fingers for you Brydie, also that it turns out to be the right job for you.
    I am guessing this means a move for you?
    All the jobs I have applied for involve big moves. Maybe it is a good thing? Maybe we need this somehow? (my neck is starting to hurt when I think about moving).
    Thanks for telling me about your husband. I am still in a situation where I have virtually no one to talk to, this is why I post things I shouldn't.
    These days I have full on two way conversations with my dogs.

I like this quote from my mindful book about our thoughts being like clouds. They move along, you just have to wait for the wind to pick up.
    This rather puts things in perspective for me. We won't feel like this forever. The only thing you can really be sure of is change. These days I think of this as a good thing.
    When is the interview Brydie?
    I should have a 2nd interview next week...
    (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

El, I wont have to relocate, so that's the good news!
      I will go to dinner May 31 with the guy who would be my new boss. Then interview with him and his boss the following day (June 1) and get a tour of their home office. I fly out at 3 in the afternoon and land at 7:30, get home around 8:30. This would have sent my anxiety levels thru the roof if this were 6 years ago, I would have been resentful that this was cutting into my drinking time.
      I have plenty of issues at the moment, but thank the lord above, AL isnt one of them!!!!!

Im hoping this IS a new opportunity for us, El. Onward and upward! Xoxoxox
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

oh, okay= good news! I had imagined a move to PA for you.
        Very cool you won't have to move. Yes, thank god we are sober to deal with all this. I can't imagine starting a new job with my old wine habit.

You know, I am noticing my memory continues to improve. I find this incredible that it is taking so long. Part of the reason I KNOW drinking is in my past.

I will fill you in on my potential work lead once things are more solidified. For now it only involves Skype interviews.
        Doggie dinner time over here, said it before, but thank god for these two pesky little honds!

Comment

Made a bad mistake a few weeks or so ago. No reason no excuses, just did. Trying to find my way back. Hope to be part of the AF club again soon.
          ~ Hyper

Comment

Take the leap of faith, Hypernova - you know how much better it is on the other side. Plus you have friends over here waiting for you! All the best, NS.

Comment

Good sunday morning all from over here.

Glad you posted Hyper. C'mon, back on the AF horse my friend. I am a humble 56 days or something, and the view is stunning. In fact the view was stunning after a week. Keep us posted.

Byrdy, all the best with the interview. You simply kick major ass whatever you do, and wherever you go, so if you don't git this job, no stress, it wasn't for you. I think you can pick and choose.

Eloise, i like the mindfulness description re clouds. The wind will be along soon enough!

Speaking of change and uprooting, i have decided to travel extensively and for a long time to many countries next year. At least that's the plan for now. I can afford it, and it will cut into my savings, but hey, what are savings for? I will always find my way, and wherever i lay my hat, that's my home. :happy2: I might even find a wife. Oh wait a minute, i've got my guitar.........

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Hey G, how about a wife and a guitar????
                Sounds like you have some awesome plans, good for you

Eloise, My husband was diagnosed with severe, chronic depression 15 years ago. It had been going on a long time before I talked him into the psychiatrist's office, believe me. He still to this day denies having depression - whatever, I have given up. My point is, regardless of what's going on with them, we have to take care of ourselves. My focus is on my outlook & my happiness. I hope you can do the same :hug:

Byrdie, if you ever decide to move up this way I can be sure you have plenty of fresh eggs for your baking . Good luck with your interview!!

Hyper, glad you checked in with us. Stay close to the nest & get your plan revised as needed.
                We will help the best we can

Hi there NS!

Wishing everyone a safe & coszy night in the nest. It's dampn& chilly out there, still.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Kinda quiet in the nest today.
                  Nice sunny warm day in my neck of the woods. Double header baseball games for 2 of my boys, making up for the many rainouts over the last few weeks. Big storms are on the horizon for the next several days. I'm going to hold off calling my insurance company from the hail storm a couple of weeks ago. 3 roofs in 5 years, oh yea we live in tornado alley...
                  Early this afternoon about halfway through my son's baseball game, a man showed up to join what appeared to be his wife and children to cheer their son on. I immediately could smell the booze on his breathe, and the woman he sat next to was not happy, I could hear her telling him the game was nearly over. It made me very uncomfortable to witness this, why? You might ask....
                  Because it wasn't that long ago that guy was me. I enjoyed my bar time with all the other regulars, and as long as I showed up to my sons game or event that somehow justified it as being "ok"
                  I'm not saying just because he smelled of booze means he is one of us, but I could hear him justifying it all while the other kids sitting and listened.
                  I missed so many moments with my children that i can never have back- I'm so very grateful for my sobriety today and that I'm at those games from start to finish, my boys look at me and look for my approval throughout the whole game. Still to this day it amazes me of the vice grip like hold that Al had on me and has on people today.
                  Enough about me....

Eloise sorry your having some tough times, keep on posting away, i can't promise I'm much more help than your dogs, but I'll damn sure listen..
                  Lav's advice is spot on I'm my opinion

HNova- you know what you got to do- But nothing changes if nothing changes. Keep coming back

I'm pulling for you Mrs Byrdlady....

Hello, Mr G, Lav, NS, and the great Pavati...

Stay Hard my friends
                  AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Yup, Lav I plan to take care of myself.
                    I have even told him he should feel free to go where he wants, find himself, carry on (WHATEVER he needs).
                    I am looking for a job. Well, no, actually I am looking to continue my career as an art teacher and develop as an artist. If he wants to join that is his choice. Life is about choices.

The cloud analogy is a helpful one huh Matt? I like it. :monkeysmile:

Comment

Good Sunday morning Nesters,

Cloudy & damp ~ still.
                      My electric bill is going to be huge because I keep lights on all over the house trying to simulate sunlight, ha ha!

Matt, keep that gratitude going, it's good for us
                      I didn't drink when my kids were young. I drank after they were grown & beginning to develop their own lives. That's when it hit me how sad & lonely the rest of my life was going to be. At that time I had no vision of my future as a grandmother. I thank God & the universe every day for those little guys. You don't want to miss another moment with your kids, I know that.

Eloise, it's funny but I have also consistently offered to show my husband the door, ha ha. He has talked for years about wanting to retire & move to Florida. I don't want to move to Florida, the people I love live here. He is welcome to go, his choice

Wishing everyone a good AF day!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning, Nesters!
                        Cloudy in the Southern part of the nest also!
                        Not sure whats on the agenda today....I was going to bake a strawberry cake, but I dont have the stuff....phooey!
                        Had a tough day yustaday (mood-wise) I hope Im moving thru the stages of grief with the loss of my job and this depression is part of the last stages before ACCEPTANCE. As I say in reference to AL, acceptance is where its at (sorry for the dangling participle).

All I know is that everything is made WORSE by AL, not better.
                        Hope everyone has an awesome day! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Sounds like you are seeing things for what they are Brydie.
                          This mood will go, just might take a little time.
                          Wishing you the patience you need and you are able to get on to acceptance soon.
                          Sounds like it is around the corner to me? Peace,

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
                            Good morning, Nesters!
                            Cloudy in the Southern part of the nest also!
                            Not sure whats on the agenda today....I was going to bake a strawberry cake, but I dont have the stuff....phooey!
                            Had a tough day yustaday (mood-wise) I hope Im moving thru the stages of grief with the loss of my job and this depression is part of the last stages before ACCEPTANCE. As I say in reference to AL, acceptance is where its at (sorry for the dangling participle).

All I know is that everything is made WORSE by AL, not better. Hope everyone has an awesome day! Byrdie
                            If we could bottle that statement up and sell it or figure out a way to beat that in to the heads of anyone thinking of going back out, new people whoever.
                            The reason many relapse or can't stop seems to be because they are drinking at something or drink it away. Day after day we hear from so many how they were able to overcome their issue, hardtimes etc..and the outcome typically ends up being better than they ever expected.
                            Id be willing to bet there has never been a time when a person dealing with tough times woke up the next morning and said "Thank God I got drunk last night, my problems are gone and life is good" said no one ever...

The more battles I face sober in this game we call Life. The stronger my resolve is to never drink again...

Dear Byrdie, my heart hurts when yours does, I know it doesn't pay the bills, but hold on to the fact that you have or are responsible for saving many lives in these rooms. I'm sorry your having to go through this, I have zero doubt this is a blessing in disguise......

You my friends please continue to Stay Hard
                            AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Byrdie - sending you lots of positive thoughts........

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Guess what? It's still raining, ha ha!
                                I figure the sun will find it's way back, one of these days

Byrdie, it's not that I haven't had the thought of drinking at someone or something over the past 7+ years........it 's that I now know 100% for sure that it won't make anything better. I know you know that too. You hang in there, good things are coming your way soon :hug:

I have an early appointment with a vampire tomorrow morning so I'll wish everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest.

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X