Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good evening Nesters,

I had a real busy but fun family day so I'm just checking in & seeing some terrific posts

Welcome back Londoner!
    The community support here is the best, it helped me out quite a bit when I had no one to talk to about stuff.
    Think about a 30 day AF commitment. It's a personal challenge & it gives you time to clear your head. Your thoughts 7 feelings about being sober will take on a whole new light.

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Checking in, doing a little reading on the forum, then crash out or try anyway. The thunder is rolling in again.....

Stay Hard freaks!
      AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Checking in too... busy days here with two more interviews looming.
        I have been feeling quite overwhelmed, confused even, 'am I reacting to my hd negative energy?' or 'is this about time I took some action? too long in 'wait and see mode.' I have never been in wait and see mode in my life- COMPLETELY out of character. I don't think I even realised how stressed out I have been. The headaches are also back.
        It is the stress. It will be fine, gonna meditate a bit more often until all this past and I have made some decisions.

Good thing is I have not considered a drink. Gosh, that would just take the entire ship to the bottom of the ocean I am afraid.
        (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Eloise, I couldn't agree more! As stressful as life is right now, I just can't imagine adding AL to it! OMG!! DISASTER CITY! That is what the gift of time and distance from AL will do.

I am flying to Pittsburgh on Tuesday for an interview. I'll be sweating worse than Paris Hilton at a spelling bee! I just hope I don't blow it!! It's hard not to trash my former company.... I plan to say that I think it will turn out to be a win/win/win. A win for Big Company X for making their quarterly numbers, a win for me for the opportunity to find something I enjoy, and a win for New Company Y for finding someone that can hit the ground running. We'll see. I hate interviews.... I really stunk at them 28 years ago, I hope I've improved. OY.

SouthLondoner, are you Londoner that we all know and love? I didn't connect those dots! Welcome back, if so.

Wishing everyone a great Memorial Day weekend....it's JUST a weekend, NOT a ticket to BoozeVille. Stick with this so you will be able to weather the tough times that come in everyone's lives. You will never regret one single day you spent sober!!! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

You are hysterical Brydie.
            I am going with the theme 'just be yourself.' I have had so few interviews in my life, I don't know how else to approach it. I certainly am not capable of 'selling' myself!
            I just wish we didn't have to move again. At least let us move somewhere interesting.

We will get through this.

Comment

Just flying by to say hello. Have a great weekend everyone.
              The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
                Eloise, I couldn't agree more! As stressful as life is right now, I just can't imagine adding AL to it! OMG!! DISASTER CITY! That is what the gift of time and distance from AL will do.

I am flying to Pittsburgh on Tuesday for an interview. I'll be sweating worse than Paris Hilton at a spelling bee! I just hope I don't blow it!! It's hard not to trash my former company.... I plan to say that I think it will turn out to be a win/win/win. A win for Big Company X for making their quarterly numbers, a win for me for the opportunity to find something I enjoy, and a win for New Company Y for finding someone that can hit the ground running. We'll see. I hate interviews.... I really stunk at them 28 years ago, I hope I've improved. OY.

SouthLondoner, are you Londoner that we all know and love? I didn't connect those dots! Welcome back, if so.

Wishing everyone a great Memorial Day weekend....it's JUST a weekend, NOT a ticket to BoozeVille. Stick with this so you will be able to weather the tough times that come in everyone's lives. You will never regret one single day you spent sober!!! Byrdie
                wots wiv the paris hilton and speling?im reeele good at spelin...sined paris!!

you will be sound at the interview...just get the initial nerves out of the road...turn it into adrenalin/enthusiasm and let it show..and dont forget ..they are all hooman...not gods not anything spesh...everyone of them scratched their bum and went for a pee that morning..!!!!
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mick, you nut! I will remember that when I go braindead. "Why should we hire you?" "Gosh, like, I dunno...." Bahahaha!
                  They are hooman, just like me! Thanks everyone! Hey Over It! B
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
                    Mick, you nut! I will remember that when I go braindead. "Why should we hire you?" "Gosh, like, I dunno...." Bahahaha!
                    They are hooman, just like me! Thanks everyone! Hey Over It! B
                    thats a good one..why should we give you the job...and you go brain dead? be honest.."well gents,as you see I just lost my train of thought ,happens to us all at times,the key is to recover quickly and turn it to your advantage,which I believe is one of my strengths..

I remember going for an interview once and thought ..how can I stand out ..dont forget sometimes they are listening to the same drivel for time n time again..so at the end of the interview..me in my best suit etc..and they said" well Mr ..we have asked you quite a lot of questions...have you any for us?"my reply "yes indeed..if I am fortunate enough to get the job,when will I be informed?"so then explained it la la la ..and your second question?with that I stood up,did a twirl and said "does anyone want to buy a suit thats only been worn once?"and with that I left.....and got the job!!!not recommended tho...
                    Last edited by Mick; May 27, 2016, 04:50 PM.
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Awesome reading tonight!! Thanks so much G for the insight on thoughts!!! So timely! I am a person who reacts - and that has not served me well. Because everything bad said about me is not true. Just kidding. Anyway - printing and saving!! Same thanks to everyone in the conversation!

Byrdie you will be great. Discomfort means growth. Doesn't make it easier, but its a silver lining! I have interviews monthly with prospective new clients. I have come to believe that if the interview does not go well, it's probably not a good fit. The times I connect and it goes smoothly are the best clients I have had. So part of it is what's "meant to be". The right thing will come along; it always does.

I sent the husband and kids away tonight and am catching up on a lot of drawings and specifications I owe my big clients before we leave on vacation. Excited to have some time to crank it out - and BOY am I ready to crank it out! Let me have a break already!

Keep up the good work everyone! FIN, so glad to see you are feeling so solid in sobriety. It just seems to get better and better the longer I am away from it!!!

Sleep tight nest!
                      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Just sneaking in before the day is completely over, geez!
                        I ended up throwing a spur of the moment Memorial day celebration here tonight due to work schedules & other obligations of family members. We grilled all the usual stuff & the kids had fun running around outside like the little nuts they are, ha ha!

Eloise, I sure hope you get a little downtime to rest & relax this weekend. Stress takes more out of us than we even know :hug:

Kensho, I hope you get a little R&R time too!

Wishing everyone a safe & peaceful night in the nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Theres nothing more fun than messin with English grammar and punctuation! apologies Lav!YOUR QUOTE ... We grilled all the usual stuff & the kids.Had fun running around .

Comment

You are very right Lav about the toll stress takes.
                            I felt like I had a virus this week to be honest. All this moving around the planet. I am not going to complain though, I am going to be happy with what comes.
                            I cannot express how good it is I am not drinking anymore.
                            While I was interviewing yesterday I was questioning myself 'stick to the question- answer the question !!!' If I had been drinking I would have thought 'bimbo, you are forgetting the questions because you drank too much last night!'
                            At least that is off the table.
                            And I am still married after 3.5 years of crap and we don't hate each other yet. That is good, right?

If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger. Somehow I do not really appreciate that little ditty right now.

Today I am going to glaze a painting, finish a lino print and a drawing.
                            I feel better if I just work on my art, headache leaves. And BONUS it isn't freezing cold today, whoopee!!

Comment

Feels like i've got a little bit of a fever. Dodgy take away meal mid week. Lav help!! I've got some serious chilli in the fridge. would that help? Taken a couple of panadol. gastric sort of vibe.

2nd day early evening of this fever. Well, i don't feel any worse.
                              Last edited by Guitarista; May 28, 2016, 02:29 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I felt the same way this week G.
                                Yuck. Rest!

Comment

Working...
                                X