Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Nesters, happy Hump day

TJ, I think I have 'egged' a lot of folks around here over the years, ha ha! Whatever it takes to get their attention, right?????

Hi there Sam & AG!

Byrdie, I know you are smiling today, yay!!

Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Congratulations Byrdie!!

Comment

Thank you, EVERYONE!!! I AM smiling today for the first time in a while! It is an exciting chapter in life. I'm not particularly happy about starting over, but I was at a real dead end with the other job and there is lots of opportunity with this one.

Next week I will be flying to Philly to a big trade show being held for retailers (my target audience). My return flight gets in at 10:46 PM. This will be a long day, but if I had been drinking, I'd be worrying about how to pull it off!! The flight doesn't leave until 9:15! I would have been passed out by then! I'm just grateful for the opportunity to attend!! Hopefully, I will make some good contacts!

TJAF, Lav really HAS had a huge influence on me! I want to be her when I grow up!! I owe that woman so much! It's a fine line around here between enabling and a kick in the shorts! She has a sense about her to know when to apply the shoe!

Kensho, where are you?? Dutch, how's the wrist today? Fin, hope your strumming is humming along!

Hope everyone has an easy day! Check in and let us hear from you! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters!

Are you calling me a bully Byrdie? HA HA!!!
          I don't have any capacity to be a bully but I definitely will tell someone what they need to hear - with the utmost love & respect of course
          My method has everything to do with cutting out the BS & getting right to the job that needs to be done. I have a zero BS tolerance policy!
          I wasted too many years of my own life BS-ing myself about AL. Once I realized that I was the only one holding myself back, miracles happened for me. I want everyone else to experience their own miracle too!

Hello to frances!

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hanging in there, still too swollen to type easy. Have a great AF day.

Comment

Good Thursday morning Nesters

Spending the day with my perky 5 year old granddaughter, fun times!

Dutch, is your wrist splinted or casted at this point? I know how painful & awkward that can be. Heal soon!

Wishing everyone a great AF day!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Busy day here! Last night, i shot a note to a prospective customer asking if she would be attending that trade show Im going to next week. She replied that she wasnt but told me to give her a call when I got bck and we could discuss!!! So I told my new boss and he said he would be in that city on the 20th and 21st because his son has a soccer tourny! So I asked her if she could meet on the 20th and she accepted! That is my first day on the job! We are going to start out with a bang!

Hope everyone is having a peaceful day! Byrdie
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Where are all the Nesters???

Byrdie, you are kicking a$$ on the new already - awesome, good for you

Grateful for this AF life. I wouldn't have it any other way now!
                  Wishing everyone a safe 7 comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good Morning, all!
                    Quiet night in the nest....everyone must be humming along!

Friday here in the ole US of A, that used to be a reason to knock off early and start the weekend. Those weren't the days! I was perpetually looped from Friday at 2 until I passed out Sunday night. No way to live and a pretty good way to an early grave. I am so glad I weathered the storms of early sobriety to get over those cravings and the pull of AL. Just because we have a few months or even a few years under our belts doesn't mean we are cured. As someone said (either Rahul or Matt) that AL is out in the parking lot doing push-ups just waiting for us. Be vigilant!!! Hope everyone has a peaceful weekend!!! Byrdie
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Was looking back on my Roll Call data. I had thought my previous high water mark was in the 70's. Nope, 114 Days. I've been thinking if I can break the 100 day mark I'll be "cured" and will never drink again. Regardless, it was good to be slapped in the face with the reality check. What I do know is that I cannot moderate. At 114 I went to Mexico and let my guard down. With this quit I have proven to myself that I can vacation w/o AL. That's what I need to do.

Onward and Upward. Have a great weekend,
                      -Fin
                      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Love reading these positive posts.
                        Fin - you are doing great. Byrdie - yep, there was no weekend. It was spent in a drunken haze. Glad that's not my plans for this weekend.
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

This isn't a disease that is cured, in my opinion, but a condition that is managed. This semantic issue comes up all the time with other problems I have. Some people want to say they can 'cure' type 2 diabetes. In a sense that is true - if you reduce dietary carbohydrates enough, blood glucose levels will be in the non-diabetic range. Celiac disease can be 'cured' in terms of symptoms by not eating gluten. BUT-eating the carbs or gluten takes me right back to where I was so at best, these are conditional cures, and I just consider them to be conditions I manage, just like other people manage their high cholesterol or blood pressure with drugs. That's how I look at alcohol, too. The problem can be completely managed by not drinking. There should be no more shame in not drinking or eating something that has bad consequences than there is in taking a medicine that has good consequences. It's a matter of making the right individual choices in order to lead the best lives we can. Have a good weekend!

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

This is the first chance I've had all day to check in & say hi. Having 3 grandkids here today kind of used up every last bit of energy - my storage bank is empty, ha ha!

NS, I totally agree with you on the cure vs management issue. I had issues with dairy as far back as I could remember but it wasn't until 10 or so years ago that I finally got the message. Give up the dairy & enjoy life. Seems like a no brainer now
                            Staying away from AL has cleared up a lot of issues that I never want to deal with again. Why would I? Life is indeed good!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi Nest!

Were did the week go??
                              Doesn't matter - its weekend!

Byrdie - Congratulations!!! So happy for you!

Comment

Was up all night watching documentaries and knitting a carpet. Yes, a carpet! Small, but cute. Made my hands real tired.
                                An attempt to deal with my racing mind.

Busy week. Many personal and tiny victories that gets me into hyperdrive and then my thoughts and feelings open like a flood gate...

Al was a way to make it stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X