Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonyniceday View Post
    do I just copy and paste it into a new post over in the Tool Box?
    Yep. The magic bit is you hitting the ton.

Good to hear re the memory Eloise!
    Last edited by Guitarista; September 22, 2016, 04:02 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I feel better after 2 days on my memory. Only hope what 6 weeks will bring however have done a few good runs this year. This time round I decided to keep smokes for a week as in past I've quit both at same time with no drama but bday got into heavy again and didn't like this last month .Armed with good food and vit B extra strength .Food and apetite way better after day 2 as well

Comment

Well that was quite an impressive roll call yesterday...

Neo back in the saddle - good to see you
        Fin - Keep that dog happy!!!
        Aifhl and Laeot - so that's 6 months each this week - That's fantastic
        Wags 2 months - Brilliant
        And starty - you said it to me in advance, so I'll reciprocate for your 3 weeks tomorrow!
        Matthew6 Great that you've got past 3 weeks too!

Comment

Morning Nesters! Actually afternoon here by now..

Welcome back Neo!

I've also noticed an improvement in my memory and am loving it. That's one of things (from many!) that really scared me last time I drank. Even if it wasn't a large amount, my mind was fuzzy the next day and my motor skills slower.. I couldn't concentrate either. I'm looking forward to it improving more and more..

Finally made it to the gym today.. I've been procrastinating for months, saying I didn't have the time. HA! It does take 1.5-2 hours total with travel time.. but funny that I didn't have a problem getting home from work at 3 and drinking until I went to bed at 10.. of course doesn't include recovery time. Crazy. Insane. I love having so much extra time on my hands. I love not having to plan my life around drinking!

Hope you all have a nice Thursday.. an easy and enjoyable Thursday!

Comment

Neo... I just wanted to clarify that after 2 years and 4 months+ sober I continue to experience improvements with my memory, even after all this time.

Originally posted by Neo View Post
            I feel better after 2 days on my memory. Only hope what 6 weeks will bring however have done a few good runs this year. This time round I decided to keep smokes for a week as in past I've quit both at same time with no drama but bday got into heavy again and didn't like this last month .Armed with good food and vit B extra strength .Food and apetite way better after day 2 as well
            (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Hi everyone

Can I ask a quick question please?

Is there anything special anyone noticed after 3 weeks clean and sober? For some reason I am ridiculously excited about reaching it tomorrow. I know they say it takes 21 days to make a new habit but just wondered if anyone else experienced other stuff at this time. BTW I am feeling very grateful these days

Comment

Lurking...

Comment

Well, its the first day of autumn and I'm getting the itch to crochet some new hats. Already bought the yarn - I drool over colorful tweedy chunky skeins! On another note, yesterday was quite a doozy. Besides being stretched thin with client demands, my family was invited to a mountain town this weekend to stay with them in their current condo (while their home is being built) and see a home tour so they can share ideas with me. This has made me more than anxious. Not sure I feel totally comfortable getting that intimate with the biggest client I've ever had, but on the other hand, it could be really fun, and it's only one night. The good news is that NONE of that anxiety is about not drinking. I just don't have any issues telling people that I don't drink any more. Sometimes I wish I was, but I am not concerned about what people think. Benefit of time!

Anyway, after a grueling day yesterday of trying to put together a client presentation in half the time it normally takes, I came home to a throwing up daughter and a husband who was less than understanding of my anxiety about this weekend. I wanted to drink SO badly - to just go away. And I feel these challenges are so minor compared to what some people are going through! I better tighten my belt and get stronger because I know life can throw much harder challenges. Still, I didn't sleep until 2am, even though I was in bed at 10.

Rambling, I know. My best to everyone fighting the fight. Sending support and hugs to anyone who needs them! Thanks for being here and listening. Hugs!
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkm123 View Post
                    Lurking...
                    Hi JKM & Welcome

Have a good look around... If you want to talk then just post something here and someone will reply!

Comment

Crosspost JKM, welcome! Glad you found the nest!
                      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Welcome aboard JKM!
                        Hey Starty- well I cannot say that I had managed to create new habits already when I hit week 3, but I did feel quite proud of myself too.
                        It IS a big deal and great you are taking all this quite seriously. I had trouble getting past 1 month to be honest. Somehow I felt that because I had managed not to drink for a month then maybe I didn't need to quit entirely?
                        All I can offer for advice is take this slow. Give yourself the time you need to heal. The longer you manage to be sober the more grateful your body and mind will be. As I mentioned to Neo even after two years and a few months I continue to notice improvements in my memory. I still work at this though, don't think for a second I just don't drink and it is easy. It isn't. I have read a lot of relapse and taken the information on board.
                        I still listen to the Bubble hour and that podcast is a wonderful source of information, tricks, and things to watch out for... like being tired, stressed, depressed... all things we deal with regularly.

Keep it rolling, you won't regret it!
                        Last edited by Eloise; September 22, 2016, 01:10 PM.
                        (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise View Post
                          Welcome aboard JKM!
                          Hey Starty- well I cannot say that I had managed to create new habits already when I hit week 3, but I did feel quite proud of myself too.
                          It IS a big deal and great you are taking all this quite seriously. I had trouble getting past 1 month to be honest. Somehow I felt that because I had managed not to drink for a month then maybe I didn't need to quit entirely?
                          All I can offer for advice is take this slow. Give yourself the time you need to heal. The longer you manage to be sober the more grateful your body and mind will be. As I mentioned to Neo even after two years and a few months I continue to notice improvements in my memory. I still work at this though, don't think for a second I just don't drink and it is easy. It isn't. I have read a lot of relapse and taken the information on board.
                          I still listen to the Bubble hour and that podcast is a wonderful source of information, tricks, and things to watch out for... like being tired, stressed, depressed... all things we deal with regularly.

Keep it rolling, you won't regret it!
                          Thanks Eloise. Much appreciated. Yes I totally agree with taking it very slow. I have quit numerous times over the last 2 years and I think I expected too much of myself way too soon. Lots of R n R for me just now. I must catch the bubble hour again. Listened to it a while ago but had forgotten. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Nest

Starty - think at 3 weeks you feel great, because you have properly come down from the al. The nasty withdrawals are over and the health benefits starts kicking in. Confidence picks up and you are more at peace with yourself. That, my friend, is the pink cloud. Enjoy!

Kensho - wow, spending a night with a client... I would dread it tbh! I understand the anxiety, but like you said - it could be fun. Glad you don't care about saying you don't drink. Enjoy the crochet. Doing something creative is a great stress breaker.

Eloise - I love the bubble hour too! Wish there were more pod casts. Like what you say about your memory. It feels great to heal from alcohol damage.

Jkm - welcome!

Should sleep, but my head is still busy, but its ok, because tomorrow is friday!

Comment

This is a popular podcast: HOME Podcast | Free Listening on SoundCloud
                              It's also available on iTunes.

Comment

Good morning Nesters,

Happy Friday to all! I was totally unable to log on to say hello yesterday - looked like the site was down for a while.

Hello & welcome JKM. Please make yourself comfortable & stick around as long as you like.

Kensho, is there some reason you can't just decline the invitation? I think I would if I felt that uncomfortable

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day.

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X