Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daisy45 View Post
    Sorry to hear that Ava.
    Well, after a lot of reflection I have come to what I consider my final quit. I have made a deal with myself that if I don't make this one work then I have to go for outside help. For me this has always been a last resort so I need to do this right now.
    I have just emptied my house of all drinking glasses and alcohol. I am not hungover but have had enough of the unmerry-go-round!
    I have no excuses....the tools are here.....I need to use them.
    It's 6 years since I first came here......what on earth? Time to get my head out of my ass!
    YOU GOT THIS DAISY!!!! I know you can do it this time around. Everything you have worked towards over the years has led you to THIS QUIT. I truly believe that, and I know you will be successful.

Be kind to yourself!!

ThirdTimesACharm

Comment

Ava - So sorry to hear about Adam. The comments you heard people make just show how alcoholism is so very misunderstood by many of those who haven't experienced it. I'm sure you wanted to say more than you did, but good job holding some space for the non-al aspects of Adam. A very sad story all the way around.

Daisy - you got this!

Lav - Fantastic story from your lunch with friends. I will tuck that great line away for use in my long-term AF future

Election Day here in the U.S. - Hanging on for the potentially wild ride!
      Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Happy Tuesday, Election Day for a lot of us

Ava, I am sorry for the loss of your friend. I will keep his family in my prayers today.
        I think most people are truly uniformed about the nature of addiction. If you are unwilling to read & learn about something,that may or may affect you, then you should not give opinion.

Welcome back Daisy! This can & will be your final quit if that's what you choose.
        No one ever regrets walking away from AL! Stick with us

Just waiting for my husband to return from a meeting then we will go cast our votes!

Have a wonderful AF afternoon!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AVA, I can't imagine leaving my precious little ones without a mom, especially due to alcohol. I am sad for your story, and equally inspired to never end up in that position. Alcohol is a very dangerous thing for many people.

LAV, did the waitress understand your comment? Love it! I love your sass, and in fact I might bottle some of it up to take on my Thanksgiving vacation.

Daisy, I do hope you find the tools and help you need, and I hope you decide to find the amazing things you have to offer the world and leave drinking behind for good. You deserve it!

I had a ride from the car dealership this morning from a 19 yr. old boy who left me feeling blue about our politics. Ugh! So glad it's almost over!
          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Originally posted by daisy45 View Post
            Sorry to hear that Ava.
            Well, after a lot of reflection I have come to what I consider my final quit. I have made a deal with myself that if I don't make this one work then I have to go for outside help. For me this has always been a last resort so I need to do this right now.
            I have just emptied my house of all drinking glasses and alcohol. I am not hungover but have had enough of the unmerry-go-round!
            I have no excuses....the tools are here.....I need to use them.
            It's 6 years since I first came here......what on earth? Time to get my head out of my ass!
            Daisy, same here. I think we started around the same time before!
            I'm doing everything in my power to stick to it this time. We can do it!
            Day 1 again 11/5/19
            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi Nesters,
              Ava, I'm very sorry to hear about Adam.. such a sad story. It's crazy that alcohol is still so socially accepted when it's responsible for more directly/indirectly related deaths than any other drug.. in fact I think I read than all others combined. Horrific. We can all be thankful that we're getting ourselves out while we still have the option.. Hugs to you. You've had a lot of sadness and loss this past year+ :hug:

Daisy! I'm very happy to see you back in the Nest! It's definitely your time.. you know the ropes. I really had to dig deep this time to find my will to fight again. To have the strength to convince myself that I CAN do it (even though I felt I'd only shown myself that I couldn't).. I can and am changing the direction of my life.. and it's been so important for me to connect here, in the Nest, again. To make the decision that no matter what! I will not drink.. So glad to have you back! and you, too, Nursie!!!:love: One thing I loved that NS said when I first came back, is that I should make the commitment to write each and every day here longer than I might think is necessary.. like for a certain number of months or for a year.. in the past I've made the mistake of wandering off when I thought I could "handle" it.. After some sober time, thinking that I didn't need all you great people anymore.. so I have missed a few days here or there, but for the most part I'm here every day, often more than once..or twice.. ha!

Wags, I meant to say that I really liked the conversation you began the other day about ODAT and forever.. lots of great responses to your question. And here's to planning upcoming events! That's something I've failed to remember to do in the past.. something I haven't taken seriously enough, thought I didn't need to worry after a certain amount of AF time. I've learned from my past mistakes!

So, wishing you all in the U.S. peace and calmness on this crazy voting day.. let's see..

Comment

G, sorry to hear your dad's life ended that way. So sad. My FIL also lost his life due to Al. It's an evil disease, and misunderstood. And what Lav said, misinformed people should not pass judgment on this when they don't fully understand. No one has a right to pass judgment on anyone for anything. Until you walk in their shoes...

Nursie, you sound strong and positive. As Lifechange mentioned, make sure to check in as much as possible. I'm rereading the toolbox, and that's a great 'tool.' And the relapse thread is also a must read.

Daisy, I'm so glad you're back. I know you need to do this for yourself, and I know what a beautiful family you have and your newest bundle of joy...I know you want to be as healthy as possible for those blessings.

We decided to wait for awhile to go vote. Don't know if we're taking a chance on a long line or not, but whatever! God help our nation...
                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

A busy day here.
                  Glad to see everyone posting. Welcome back Daisy!
                  I just finished work so long day....i could have never done this 6 years ago when I was drinking. Earlier, I was desperate for a coworker to help me with a quote, Im over my head on a proposal I am doing. It was 5 oclock and he was really trying to shake me loose. By 5:15 he was downright agitated. I understand that, unfortunately. Im just glad its not me.

Kensho, I had spells where I was restless. I still have days like that from time to time. Maybe its just life and what regular people experience? I have to think its normal.

Do whatever it takes to break free of this awful addiction. Hang in everyone! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks guys! Today wasn't one of those rock bottom desperate days......it was reflective and I just knew that I don't want to feel desperate again. To keep drinking, it is inevitable.....I have proved that one over and over again.
                    I have been swimming almost every day since Thursday......exercise is a key factor in me staying sober.
                    So day 1 done and back on the boards....happy tonight!
                    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Its a relief to be done with the fight, Daisy. Its one we cant win so I felt relief when I finally decidedt was over. I have never regretted ONE single day! Hugs! B
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Morning Nest

Ava - sorry to hear about Adam. And that other people judge him like that. You did a great thing by not loosing your cool and reminding them of the good Adam. It must hurt a lot - really sorry you have to feel that pain.
                        It is infuriating how we are viewed. Nobody looks at a sick person and expect them to be normal or make normal choices.

We are a small group, but we can make a difference by being persistent. It is a disease and should be treated like that. I would love the day it is banned as a "drink".

Hi Nursie & Daisy - I remember you gals from 5 years ago when I joined!! A lot happened in 5-6 years. I learnt that my alcoholism will only get worse and that this should be my final quit. Go for it!

Happy Wednesday!
                        Last edited by Justme Again; November 9, 2016, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Ava sorry about your friend Adam , This addiction has no boundaries. May we all get the strength from here and elsewhere to move forward in a positive way.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Evening nesters

Thank you for your thoughts, i just think a death from al could happen to any of us if we keep drinking and any reminder of what could/may happen may help someone into realising that this is what al can do. G my brother also died the same death at 46, i have a lot of emotions floating through this brain at present.

Welcome back Daisy, we dont need to hit a rock bottom to stop drinking but that rock bottom will come at some time. Glad to have you back.

Busy at work and life atm, coming up to xmas is a nightmare with work. I have mums 80th birthday coming up, i think i am more patient now to deal with her and the thought of drinking AT her is non existent which is a positive.

Just home from my course so wanted to check in.

Will need to sit and have a good read on the weekend.

Thinking of you all over in the US of A.

Take care x
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

I was up way too early. Needed to see the election results. Well, we need lots of prayers for our country.

Yes, death can happen to any one of us if we pick up a drink. That's where we're headed if we don't stop this insanity, an early death. Keep on staying sober, one day at a time. That's all we have to do. Think about today only. We were created to only handle 24 hours at a time, so why worry about tomorrow? Unless, of course, you're going on a fantastic vacation to a beautiful island and are going to lay on a white, sandy beach...then it's ok to think about the future!

Have a good one all.
                              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Bright and sunny.....on my way for a swim! 2nd day of how I want to stay!
                                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Working...
                                X