Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning nesters :-)

South Londoner, paulywogg, Our alcoholic minds can be so devious, Lots of times I got memories flooding back when I was near or at an old haunting ground,All the memories were good & basicaly nostalgic! My mind compleatly blanked all the mayhem & disorder that came with my drinking, Songs, places, city's it's like ah the good old days if only we could have them back, erm no thanks, I make sure I remember why I am here & why I am logged onto MWO, that's the reality & what works for me.

Hello to everyone else, I in work & on phone, my fingers need to loose weight or I need a bigger phone, typing is so hard,......Think I will go for the bigger phone :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Music is a huge trigger for me. If there was anything that made me drink mor it was music. Especially old drinking songs that I listened to when I was young . There are So many embarrassing moments that happened, ugh.
      Glad I am sober.
      One of the best things about being sober is not having to try and moderate. That was so stressful and rarely worked.
      Hello sweet Ava. Nice to read your post. I am glad you are doing well.

Good night everyone. Stay sober.
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi Nest

I've been MIA for a while. A hellavu emotional ride!
        But, I didn't drink!!

My kids birthday party was yesterday.
        Byrd - I managed to bake two rainbow cakes and it came out just fine. Thank goodness for pre-mix rainbow cake mixes!!

The runup to the kids birthday party each year is stressful. Dozens of arrangements and decisions. It is always best at my ex inlaws's house. Big entertainment area and a swimming pool.

It is facing the inlaws after the explosive end of our marriage and a couple of years not seeing them that made this party a BIG one. In the past I helped with arrangements. Baked the cakes. Had a private afternoon with my kids to give them their presents, but did not attend the party.

This year I stated to my ex that it is not fair that the party is arranged with so many many people that dislike me, that I don't feel like I could go. He responded by not inviting certain family members and friends. I don't think it would have been possible if I haven't been sober for a couple of months. The change in me since I stopped drinking made him more responsive and accomodating to arrange things differently this year.

Still faced ex MIL & FIL. He annoyed me with the brief interactions we did have, but it was manageable. It was worse to deal with friends and parents who I don't know, but are a big part of my children's daily school life. Felt bad as a mother.

18 adults, 20 kids, 6 hours - a hermits nightmare!!
        But it meant the world to my kids. Glad I stuck it through!

Going to read back now. Missed you guys and gals!

Comment

Hello nesters,Mario,why are the memories always happy in our minds,sheesh,probably an hour of happiness but in reality how many hours of pure misery? The brain blocks those right on out just a quick hello from me this morning I'm making hubs take me to breakfast here in a bit wishes for a wonderful AF Sunday for us all,back later
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Wow, JustMe, that is progress! Im so glad the party was a hit AND that your cakes stole the show! Those rainbow mixes are very handy and tasty!
            My friend and I decorated 60 cookies yesterday for her to give to her clients (she is a manicurist) so it was a fun day and no booze in sight!
            She isnt much of a drinker but had an idea for a wine saver apperatis so that if you opened a really nice bottle of wine and only had only glass (The Impossible Dream), you could save the rest without it going bad . She went to a patent attorney and everything. She began having it designed by a firm and had differences with them and finally pulled the cork on the whole thing. It cost her $4000 to do all this. Early on, she asked my opnion of her idea.....can you imagine? I told her I wasnt a good one to ask, back when I drank wine, my standards were pretty low! I told her I drank wine that came in a box. Glad I didnt tell her I drank wine FROM the box! I tried to reason with her about the endeavor (most of us did) but she was so sold on her idea she wouldnt listen. There are about a billion wine preserving things out there already, as most of us know. She had to find out for herself. Sort of like moderating....we all know in our heart if hearts it wont work, but its the last step of the process. It is our last hope. You know when you hear those words,'Im going to moderate' that you are listening to an alcoholic. I think we have ALL proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that once a pickle, never a cucumber again! You just cannot talk someone out of something when they are clinging to hope (she thought she was going to make millions!) We live and learn.
            Hope everyone has an easy day! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hello everyone,
              Just checking in starting day 20.

Justme, sounds like your kids had a great day and you had a huge success getting through it sober. Congratulations!

I'll be checking in later today, busy day ahead and a huge block party happening down the street from us. 20,000people expected, blocked off streets, bands etc... It's a fundraiser for a local school. My neighborhood has gotten too hip for me.
              Roobs

Comment

Good morning,

Just me, that is a super tough situation, but congrats to you on facing it and getting through it. Your kids, I'm sure, were so pleased to have both their folks to celebrate their special day. And that was thoughtful of your ex to respect your wishes to not have certain people there.

Enjoy your breakfast Pauly! I love breakfasts out more than dinners.

Moderating...you're right Byrdie. Once when I was moderating (haha! It never happened) I was on the treadmill at work with a girlfriend. We were talking and drinking came up. She's pretty much a nondrinker. I said I was working on 'controlled drinking' and I was serious as I said this. She burst out laughing and said, "What?" Yep. And I vowed never to say those words to anyone again.

I'm so glad not to have to go anywhere today. Gonna finish decorating, leave the fire place on all day, and get school work done.

Have a great Sunday.
                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hi everyone

I've been wondering if my daughter is noticing/liking my sobriety. I'm sure she is.
                  No more days spent in my room in bed, barely coming out or functional.
                  There's not a thing I can do about the lost days; I can only stop the repetition.
                  Years ago when my husband and I quit smoking we stopped drinking for quite a while since it's a trigger for smoking. I remember thinking then about how much you can get done when not drinking, or recovering from drinking. Still thinking that now.
                  I've done more today than I used to do in a whole weekend.
                  Life is good.

Thanks everyone for being here

Ann Carolina

Comment

I agree Struggles, it's amazing how much you can get done when your not drinking. When I was drinking, all my appointments were made after noon, there was no any I could get a hair cut or whatever at 9am on a Saturday. Now I get up early for appointments no problem. I can get so much done when I get up early with no hangover. I don't miss that.

Hey SL, I washed my sheet yesterday and had a great sleep last night. I thought of you since I know how much you like clean sheets ��
                    JVo, I am doing the same,sitting at home with my Weiner dogs. It's snowing like crazy here and going down to -20C. Time to get out the winter gear. My dogs are not built for cold weather so it is a bit of a struggle getting them out to go to the bathroom. Life in Canada eh
                    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Nar, I'm sitting with my weiner right now! He's adorable and we bought him some new toys yesterday. He got a bath this morning, and he's loving life. Keep warm. We have a coat for our weiney when it gets a little colder.

Got some school work done, now onto finish decorating.

Ann, isn't it strange having extra hours in the day, especially the weekend? Naptimes are much shorter. I still love to nap on Saturdays and Sundays but not all day. I'm glad your daughter is noticing the new you.
                      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Keep warm there Narilly!

Just me, wow! What a super effort. You are the real deal, and i bet your kids and all who were there know that through your actions.

Ann, you got me thinking. i gave up smoking a few years ago now, but on my many attempts, gave up booze too as it was a trigger. i remember the feeling of being totally straight was amazing and as it turned out, a bit too much for me to handle. ended up turfing the smokes and continued boozing. I felt i could take on the world and anything was possible, but something within preferred to be a little numb on a daily basis. WTF? Ma, i coulda been a contender! lol. No regrets though really, as today is another brand new opportunity to start again and be something, do something spectacular. Do, or do not. It's all in the action.

Cool on the cakes Byrdy. :flip:

Day 114. Have a ripper out there nesters.

xpost. Hi Jvo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning nesters

Oh Nar -20 damn that is cold, freezing and ridiculous. I too never ventured out before midday, i told myself my anxiety could not deal with the crowds so had to wait till later, truth was my hangover was so bad i could not function but i did have to go out to buy more wine eventually. God forbid i had no wine.

Kids coming over for mums birthday today so it will be a nice day. One son wont be here but always good to have the other three. We are going shopping shortly to buy some seafood. All going well at the moment which is great, my only issue is doing a tonne of homework before Wednesday.

Just, so glad you talked to your ex and he listened. I get overwhelmed too and much prefer my four walls but lately have been getting out and doing things though. These xmas crowds are freaking me out and they havent really come out in force yet. I figure i have a week to get my shopping done or everyone gets nothing!

Better get ready to go shopping for lunch. No work today or tomorrow so that makes me happy.

take care x
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Congratulations PAV & AVA on 3 years!!! It is the dream!

Comment

ah, but it's not a dream justme, it's within your reach, it's within everyone's reach, even mine!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi all - good weekend in spite of the let down by girls dad - had a teenage friend over, made big pan spaghetti sauce, she stayed over for night. Did a little shopping and a couple of treats. Stayed sober, happily!

Nar - so good to "see" you. Was just griping to daughter #1 that i changed both their beds and did not get round to mine! I have had enough for the day, so it will have to wait....unless you want to nip over!

Good to see so many happily sober folks here this weekend. People working their way up and out...

I got some messages that my dad was not doing well - started to look into flights home for Christmas - so expensive, spoke to him today and he was great - Mum said yesterday was a bad day, today is a good one - I wish I had a magic carpet so I could nip home...so tough trying to work out the best thing to do, one best thing to do is not to drink through this!

Glad I chose to come back into the nest...
                                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                                X