No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jane. So good to see you here! Hugs - huge hugs. It is so inspiring to hear that alcohol is not even a consideration to you. Thanks for the reminder that things can change in an instant. I'm sorry you are still struggling with the medical stuff. :hug:

G - I couldn't agree more... If we are drinking our lives away, why do we even show up? What's the point? I guess I needed to be "away" for awhile, but I could have done it other ways.

Wags, I love snowshoeing! My favorite thing ever! Have a blast!

Similar messages today - live now, and get through the crap because there's a lot of wonderful we can have if we aren't numb to it.

I had a fun day with the kids painting pottery. Going to watch a movie with my son now. And. Sit. Down. And. Do. Nothing. Doesn't happen very often folks, and I'm excited!

Thank you for all being here. Sending strength to those who may need it.

Wags,
    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good to hear from you Jane! Hope you continue to heal and get back to your normal activities.

Well, texted back and forth with my boy, called him on my lunch and he cried and cried. It breaks my heart that his heart is broken. So last night I said I didn't have any cravings being around my girlfriends as they sipped their wine. It was too fun to even think about it...I think. Anyhow, on the way home today, I had a craving moment. I believe it was a moment. I acknowledged it and just continue to drive home. I'm feeling down about my son, and xmas, and stuff. But...I will not act on that thought as it's already gone. I took a nap which is my go to when I get home from a long day and again, he cried in my arms, we talked, and we're going to watch a movie together tonight. My last minute xmas shopping was on my list tonight, but that's gonna have to wait as I sit with my son and comfort him soberly. I love that he lets me hug him and hold him. It never gets old.

Have a good night all.
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

:heartbeat:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Just jumping in to stay involved - missed a few days again, and will have to read back.
          Almost ready for Christmas - have managed to get a couple of treats home to Mum that have made her smile, and that makes me feel good.
          On call until Monday morning - hopefully will make some miracles.

Just read this page, will go back when I get finished in the office today. Saw your post j-vo, and just now I am managing to sail through the bigger things - like people out drinking, friends having a drink, festive occasions - it is the little, more "ordinary" things that are giving me pause for thought - and a feeling of missing. I feel some of it is really old habits that are hard to get rid of. Some is that I work hard on the challenges and am able to be proud of succeeding - but the little things don't feel like such a challenge, so no "fight". As long as we can keeping them as fleeting considerations, we will win!!
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

J-vo,I've often gotten through events,hardships,emotions, etc without drinking and not even having an urge only to be blindsided the next day or few after with an overwhelming urge! Not quite sure why that happens,this whole addiction is puzzling for sure,just keep doing what you're doing great to see you Jane and hello to everyone else
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

J-vo,I've often gotten through events,hardships,emotions, etc without drinking and not even having an urge only to be blindsided the next day or few after with an overwhelming urge! Not quite sure why that happens,this whole addiction is puzzling for sure,just keep doing what you're doing great to see you Jane and hello to everyone else.

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Oops

Comment

Howdy ho Nesters! Great to see all the posts and see that y’all are doing what needs to be done to keep the streak alive. Help and support are vital to keeping your quit, especially this time of year with Christmas just around the corner.

If you’re feeling a bit doubtful about your sobriety, dig a bit deeper and move forward, there’s not much left behind you besides painful memories that will help you get through. It’s time to make happy memories. Get reading some of the great threads; Tool Box and Relapse in Retrospect are just two that come to mind to help you keep your plan in place to get through to 2017 with your quit intact. A New Year, a new you, something to look forward to and not doubt yourself that you can do it. And remember, it’s fine to say “no thanks, I don’t drink!” Never ever quit on your quit and keep telling yourself that this is the final quit for you!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Boy did we ever have a nice sunny day & 52 degrees
                    Feels like a real gift this time of year!

Jane, so glad to see you & I hope you continue to heal. Traumatic events like that can really put things into perspective for you. Can't wait for your 3 year anni next month - awesome

j-vo, I'm sorry about your son's disappointment. Obviously this girl was not the right one for him. I hope he can see that at some point & just let her go, How nice you have been fully present for him.

I am picking up my granddaughter tomorrow for an overnight stay, can't wait. Fun times for all!
                    Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Jane - I am so sorry for what you have been thru and are continuing to go thru. Thank you for your powerful post.
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Jane!! I have missed you! What awful news about the accident. I am so sorry Jane. That sounds very traumatizing and I wouldn't be surprised if you had some PTSD. I pray that your health issues are able to be resolved.

Thank you everyone for your support and kind words. It touches me to my soul!

Today i started vacation until January 3! I'm so excited! I have a lot on my list to get done, but I am also going to get plenty of relaxing in.
                        I have another surgery in February so I'm getting prepared for that as well.
                        My dream is that we will finally buy a house and be HOME. We have rented for too long, and I want to be home in our own space. Medical bills, student loans and not so great credit are hindering us but I believe that we will get there by the grace of the man upstairs!!
                        Have a good night nesters. Another day in the books!
                        Day 1 again 11/5/19
                        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Morning nesters, could not get into site yesterday ?

Its nice to see everyone fighting there fight as best they can,This time of year can be very difficult for us all, with excessive drinking & eating going on everywhere,For most people it be grand , for us folks with addiction/abusive problems it can be a nightmare.

Get a plan into place, have it ready, going for walks/drives, put your sobriety a priority & remember why your here. Have a great day folks its uplifting to read the so many positive & encouraging posts.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

So THIS is where everyone hangs out now?! I wandered round the 'house' and rattled a few doors, and finally I've found you! So good to see posts from people I have followed for so long. Two more days 'til Christmas. Honestly, I can't wait until all the hype's over. Protecting my quit is the best thing I can do for a happy new year.

Stay strong everyone.
                            love,
                            Steady
                            AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

I couldn't get into the site yesterday either...It made me realise just how much I value it!
                              AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

I couldn't access the site for a while either, anyone know what the problem was? I have noticed a lot of spam posts this week!!

Just going to make my table centrepiece for Christmas Dinner now, had a trip to town this morning with DS who wanted to buy a new book and it was so nice not to have to wait till this afternoon in case I was over the limit for driving!!

Hope everyone is having a nice Christmas Eve Eve!!
                                One day at a time - this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering...

Comment

Working...
                                X