Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Byrdie - awe inspiring 2300 days :yay:

I wish I were at 100 - 68 days here today. 100 is in my sights!

Kensho - I hope it gets better with your husband. They don't always get what this takes! My husband calls
    my vitamin/supplements my voodoo pills.

Comment

I had one of those days today where I just felt good mentally and physically.....my diet is on track (thanks to no booze), my sleep has improved (thanks to no booze), my anxiety level is low (thanks to no booze) and my overall mood has improved (thanks to no booze). I see a pattern.
      Happily going to bed sober tonight. Night night.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Glad to see most people have found their way back on the forum after the upgrade. Hope you check in soon Mario

Cooler & partly sunny today but that actually makes it good for working outside. Lots of things to plant & water, no time to get bored around here, ha ha!
        I am so grateful to be happy & free & able to do the things I want to do. I can't even imagine what I would be doing at this point if I had decided to keep drinking. Surely this is one decision that I will never regret & it can be the same for each & every one of you as well

LS, please check in & let us know how you are doing.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ugh. I'm in a funky funk. Thank you all for your thoughts. Trying to do what I always say, which is to be ok with discomfort. I've thought of tequila more than once today, because I just don't want to feel right now. But A) it will pass, B) I will get through it and C) Alcohol would not be a long term help. I love reading what you all have to say, it puts me in check. Thank you.
          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good day here. No chaos at work or home. No real cravings today for which I am thankful. It feels good to go to bed sober...every morning when I wake up without a hangover, I think to myself, "Wow this feels nice." I thank God for every sober day...putting one foot in front of the other one day at a time.

Goodnight to all-
            Kim

Comment

Belated cheers to you Byrdie for 2300 days! You'll always be my hero ❤
              AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Congrats on 23, i say 2300 Ms. Byrdy!

Big waves to y'all! :llama:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi, All:

Byrdie - you know I like those big, round numbers. Congratulations!

Kensho - Have you sat your husband down and explained to him the idea of not really being able to have just the two drinks a week? Maybe he'd understand it more with more detail? I also like your retort - I don't know why it IS his business. And finally, I'm with Byrdie - it took me a while, but I have figured out how to be a bit more loose without alcohol. It takes extra effort to push past "that's embarrassing" (say, if a dance floor is involved), but once I do I am grateful. Ultimately, my husband likes the saner, nicer, healthier me.

Nice to see you gallop by, Mr. G.

Narilly - I was on ice cream for a while. I still indulge, but have definitely cut back. Those calories weren't helping anyone!

On my way to work.

Pav

Comment

Hi all,
                    Still hanging on on day 3 staying positive, reading & hopeful x

http://thesoberschool.com/dealing-wi...elpful-advice/ I found this a good read to help with family & friends who don't understand - don't know if it's helpful to anyone else?

My head still feels a bit marshmallowy and a load of tiny people are in there bouncing away - so I'm just keeping a low profile and will post in the 24 hour thread & roll call - so don't worry I haven't gone awol x

Good to see everyone checking in & keeping well - your all bloody fantastic!

Wishing all a safe and sober Thursday
                    LS
                    To see a world in a grain of sand
                    And a heaven in a wildflower.
                    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                    And eternity in an hour.

Comment

LS - I feel for ya! I'm at 69 days and my head is very marshmallowy as well. Take care of
                      yourself :hug:

Comment

Hi Nesters

Off to a family wedding in Sheffield in Englandshire this weekend so I'll see what I can do to check in but if I don't over the next couple of days, I've not disappeared, just may not be able to log in.

I was talking on another thread about the wedding and I'm not really worried about temptation - and I'm still on Antabuse so it would be a nightmare if I had a drink anyway, but the only thing I'm really dreading is that I am now finding drunk people, especially really drunk people very annoying and actually quite revolting. Mrs T has agreed that if that gets too much then we'll bugger off back to our hotel and watch some crap on TV!!

LS well done on Day 3 - you're doing just great. and tell the gremlins in your head to stick their al where the sun don't shine!!!

Susie and Kim - hope the good feelings are continuing.
                        Last edited by tonyniceday; May 4, 2017, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

LS, happy to see you & I hope you are feeling 100% very soon!

G, how are you?

Tony, that sounds like a great plan
                          How come we never realized how annoying drunk people can be? Crazy, ha ha!

Kensho, you just keep focusing on what you know is best for you. Everyone else in your life will get it - eventually.

Hi there Pav, ssd & the rest of the nest.

Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Well, here is another one with Marshmallow head. im sorry I got your count messed up, SSD. Not sure how I came up with that. Please acept my apologies.

Happy Birthday, Mr. G!! :balloons:
                            Work is nuts, so glad tomorrow is Friday! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                            Last edited by Byrdlady; May 4, 2017, 06:43 PM.
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi all - I have to agree with you Tony - drunk people can be very annoying!
                              Even with all my good feelings the other day, I still had that pull for a glass of wine. It is totally irrational, knowing how it makes me feel but I guess that is the nature of the addiction. I had a late dinner and was pretty hungry which is always a trigger. Once I had dinner, it passed.
                              Now I am HAPPILY going to bed sober. I love waking up feeling well, unhung and rested. It never gets old. Night night nest!

Comment

I'm pretty good thanks Lav. Passed a little english course i was doing for an important qual i need for some travel planned soon, so that stress is now over. Thanks For the b'day balloons Byrdy! Hope ur both good.

All the best with the wedding Tony. Big waves to Nesters near and not so far.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X