Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Gidday nesters near and not so far.

Scotland and it's people are a magical experience to be sure. Narilly, you must really love it when it hits 28C. I know i do. but especially given your temp extremes there in the winter. Are you in the hammock with a mocktail?

Gr8 work mr V!

Day 5 here on a friday morning. I feel pretty good this morning. You know, just thinking.....In my case, today is another free opportunity with no ties or restrictions for me to write a new story and live my life anyway i like. Now how crazy is it to look that gift horse in the mouth and say nope fk it, i think i'll get plastered today? That is criminal and some kind of cosmic law breaking act. Crazy! But i know we have to get our heads into gear somehow to begin the process of personal change. So if your head is not going in the direction you want, don't stress, but don't give up on yourself either. Keep connected here or at least with friends, or humanity. Keep yourself in the arena, in the game. You are so worth it. It's no secret that us alcoholics are brilliant, sensitive, creative people who really should be shining not dulling ourselves.

The ticket to boozeville i got in the mail yesterday has been torn up and thrown in the trash. Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Had a great meeting so the long drive and overnight stay were worth it. Hope to get the order next month. Fingers crossed.
      TJAF! Great post as usual. I feel the same way. Its just 1000 times easier to not have any than to try and control a few.
      Hope everyone has an easy evening. Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I was lucky enough to spend most of the day with my daughter & granddaughter, I am happy

Byrdie, that must have been some sales pitch - good for you!

TJ, nice to see you & glad you are doing well. How's the shoulder? We will get our dancing shoes on to celebrate with you next month for sure!!!

Tony, keep an eye out for any Nesters wandering around over there, ha ha!

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Busy day here. TGIF!
          I was just reading a thread from a new member who is tapering down. I didnt have a chance to read the thread from start to finish but read todays entry about the internal struggle about whether to taper down more, stay the same or say F it and start next week or next month. Wowzers, that brought all of that struggle right back front and center. I would have never believed it at that stage of the process but I know it now. NO Al is 1000 times easier than trying to control the uncontrollable. We are addicts and of course we are afraid of letting go of the substance that we want more than anything. The gift of hindsight is priceless. Do whatever it takes to break free of this powerful addiction. No, it is NOT easy, but it is worth it. Byrdie
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Where is everyone today???

Byrdie, so glad you checked in or I would really feel alone here, ha ha!
            I agree with you 100% & I remember that monumental fear of letting go of AL for the final time. It's not the that will kill us it's AL!
            Slam the door on the b*stard & run away as fast as you can - everything will be OK

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I'm here Lav! Yes, everything will be ok. it'll all work out one way or another!

A couple of spruikers on my street corner this morning giving away tickets to boozeville. No interest here. Shove it pal.

Have a bewdy nesters.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I'm here too for a quick check-in. So glad it's Friday, although I have to work a half-day tomorrow so my weekend will be a bit short. That's ok though - it's all part of building my business for the future and I know it'll pay off.

Byrdie - I agree, I wouldn't taper unless medically necessary. It's so much harder. When I quit back in 2014, my first stint here in the nest, I actually had to taper for a week or so in order to not go into al withdrawal (which can kill), and life was so much easier once I was actually safe to quit completely!

G & Lav - good to see you!
                Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Evening nesters

Check in for me too. Saturday here and a beautiful winters day. Did the food shopping, slept in and woke without a hangover and boy i dont miss that feeling. Even played a few holes of golf with the man. Its nice to be normal now and not worry about when i can have that first drink.

The other halves birthday on Monday and my online present arrived which is a bonus. i thought it was being sent from Ausland but nope it was the UK but arrived when it said it would. otherwise it was a card for him. Organised his daughters for a birthday dinner so im pretty chuffed about that.

No other news from me, i finally finish my course in 3 weeks and then have two modules to complete another cert then maybe on to do the diploma. Im exhausted so maybe a break for awhile but i dont want to lose motivation while i have it and winter seems to do that to me.

I read that thread too Byrd and i am glad i dont have that internal fighting anymore. Will i, wont i, f#ck it i cant do it and now there is no internal fighting. Im done with drinking completely.

Off to cook a baked dinner. take care x

Where are you LC and Kensho and everyone who is not here???
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi, All:

Yes, things are slow in the Nest. I hope everyone's out enjoying their sober lives. This spring has been busy for me for sure.

Well, I got through last week. One of the hard bits was pushed out to next week, so no real respite until then, but overall things are good.

Ava - that story about golf - YES. Whatever I'm doing, no worries about what I will drink and when. I agree with you and Byrdie that for me, no alcohol is so much easier than "some" alcohol. So freeing.

Missing everyone - hope you check in soon.
                    Pav

Comment

Morning everyone. We are having a neighbourhood party today so I am making burgers right now. I will not be drinking at the party which is nice. No worrying about trying to moderate by only having two drinks, only drinking beer and trying to figure out how to keep it under control.

I agree with you all, no drinking is easier than 'some' alcohol.

Have a great sober Saturday. Do not drink today.
                      xo
                      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Glad to see some folks checking in today, ha ha!!!
                        Life is so much easier without AL, no arguments here. My husband is off on a fishing trip this weekend so I have had to manage animals, chickens, gardens & every other darn thing on my own. Having a clear head makes it easy

Nice to see you G, Pav, Ava, Narilly & Wags! Hello to the rest of the crew too.

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I haven't been checking in daily but staying on track. Another sober weekend is almost complete. Feels good!

Comment

Congrats Susie - you're doing a great job and racking up the days!

Lav - sounds like you've had a busy weekend already with all of the animals etc to tend to. Yep, much easier without al I'm sure!

Nar - hope you have a fantastic party

Pav - I guess that's good news/bad news that one of your hard parts at work got pushed out - sometimes that's a relief for breath catching, but other times maybe just easier to get things over with. Hang in there - hopefully after next week a break?

Ava - sounds like you have a beautiful birthday planned. Have a wonderful AF time celebrating.

Things are cruising along here in Wagland. My dad has been here 10 days now and although he hasn't fully unpacked all his boxes yet, he's starting to feel a bit more settled in. It's nice getting to see him every day without having to drive 45 mins each way. Now I just do downstairs and there he is! It was stressful leading up to the move, but things are finally calming down a bit. My s.o. and I are getting ready to do a long road trip, so I've been planning for that. One part that will be a mix of good and hard is that we're going back to the city I lived in for 15 years - got dumped by my ex in a really awful way, got stabbed in the back by a few work colleagues who were supposed to be my good friends as well, etc. Needless to say, i was glad to move away from there in the mid-2000s and I haven't been back since. Now we'll be taking a trip down memory lane and visiting both our old towns (not home towns, just places we lived for a long time as adults), seeing some of my dear old friends, and hopefully visiting a few old haunts. I will not drink, nor do I think I'll be tempted. Going in with my plan intact, and I've already decided that a few places are off limit - no sense in torturing myself by revisiting old wounds.

I'm kind of excited because I'll pass my 11-month mark later this month. Then it'll soon be one year! I never thought I'd see this day again. I haven't had a year AF since 2010, so this is huge for me. Almost counting down the days, but not quite yet. Soon though!!!

Hope everyone is having a great AF weekend!
                            Last edited by wagmor; June 11, 2017, 09:53 PM.
                            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Congrats, Wags, on your soon to be one year AF Anniversary. Having a plan for upcoming events is so key. Going back to revisit our history is bittersweet, isnt it? Gosh, I just HATE that I wasted so much of my life being tied to a bottle. All we can do is be glad for where we are today and make the most of NOW!
                              A beautiful day here today, going to get out and enjoy it. Hope evryone has an easy day. Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good MAE all,

Wags - that sounds like a good trip to take. I think I am ready for some traveling myself...

Nar - I went to a daytime party yesterday. Interestingly, though I would consider it a big drinking crowd, very few people drank much. Many people I know as big drinkers were mostly not drinking. This made the party significantly more fun for me than a night time party with the same people as I was talking to sober people who were more coherent and interesting than they usually are. I had a very good time, actually, and left just as the people who were drinking were starting to get annoying. I was home and in bed at a very reasonable hour! I now think that daytime parties are my favorites!

I have another party to go to today. I am realizing in my older age that I am introvert AND extrovert. I need time to be alone and in quiet more than I realized (or perhaps it is just aging?), so two parties in one weekend is too much for me. They are both for very important people in my life, so I really don't want to miss. I'll live with this terrible problem to have - too many parties!

Happy SOBER Sunday, all.

xo
                                Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X