Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Wags, PP2 is so proud of your 400 days, she has followed you here for more accolades! Well done on this amazing feat! And THANK YOU for all you do around here, you deserve a raise! :sohappy:
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good morning!

What's this about taking on projects at work? I thought I was already good at my job, but I am sure that quitting drinking has freed me to have the courage to take on a new and very challenging project. It is currently kicking my a$$ and I am working all together TOO much, but I am very proud of what we are achieving. I know that this bout will end and things will get back to "normal" which is probably still too much, but I do love my job.

WAGs - 400 is great. I LOVE those big, round numbers!

I am off to work this lazy Sunday, but hope to work through it quickly and then take some time out in nature.

Happy SOBER Sunday,
      Pav

Comment

Wags, Congrats on 400 days! Well done..
        Hi Pav! Enjoy your time in Nature!

I came across an instagram acct. today that I want to share.. I'm always trying to make gratitude lists as one of my tools because I can imagine them helping to keep those things in mind. My problem has been that I get tired of doing it after a couple of days and I actually don't tend to look back on them.. I forget. Probably lots of artistic people are more creative in how they make their lists.. I don't know, I haven't really seen so many.. but this caught my attention and opened a door to ways of making it more fun and more of a process. Like a meditation.. I found an old sketch book and began today and it was fun!.. Tammi Salas (@tammisalas) • Instagram photos and videos I'll have to write and thank her..

Hope all are well..

Comment

I am blown away. Why? Prior to today's workout I downloaded a sample of This Naked Mind on my kindle. Had never heard of it, but because of former purchases it was recommended to me on my Home page on kindle. Read sample while on TM.
          Then I come to browse Newbies Nest and two people talk about same book. God Wink?
          The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I enjoyed a beautiful day ~ weather perfect
            My son came & picked up his two dogs that I had been watching, yay. Then we went to our daughter's to pick up our granddaughter who is staying with us for a few days.
            These are the reasons I quit & remain quit. Experiencing life just exactly as we were meant to experience life. It doesn't get better than this

Wags, CONGRATS on 400 AF days :yay:

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
              Hopefullly this link to the book 'This naked mind' works. It is for sale but the author also gives away a free copy.

http://media.thisnakedmind.com/files...ce=Actionetics
              This sample looked interesting, Mr G - thank you! Some of what she writes is directly related to some of the 3 principles ideas. I found the complete book free here: Free TNM Book - This Naked Mind

Comment

Whoa, NS.

I clicked that link and my name was on the bottom of the "free" book as a blurb. What is the source of that website? Are you sure it isn't a phishing expedition?

Comment

How weird, Pav! No, I just got the free book and there are no names on the webpage. I was in an incognito window so that might make a difference.

Comment

Hi nesters,

Wags, CONGRATULATIONS on 400 days and congrats on having the confidence to stretch outside your comfort zone! there's no doubt in my mind that being sober had everything to do with your success. Keep on keeping on! Yay!!!

I've been running kids around this weekend getting ready for school. Not feeling so great today, headache all day and just bleck. Heading to bed now. Better than a hangover tho at least I know Al has nothing to do with feeling yucky.
                    Happy sober Sunday everyone.
                    Roobs

Comment

Ava, sending you lots of positive energy, hope all goes well.

Comment

Congrats on 400 days Wags! Wowza!

All the best Ava!

Thanks for that link to TNMind NS. I thought i had the full book, but you're correct, it's a sample.

All ok here nesters. Have a beaut week.
                        Last edited by Guitarista; August 28, 2017, 12:37 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning Nesters,
                          After a good night's sleep I feel rested.. but wouldn't mind one more day of weekend!

Ava, thinking about you and sending strength and positive vibes.. let us know how you are..:love:

Roobs, I hope you'll feel better in the morning after a night's rest.. like you said, at least you didn't bring it on yourself and don't have to deal with the guilt or shame or sorrow that accompanies drinking.. for most of us, most of the time at this point.

G-man, good to see you and glad to hear your recovery from the surgery has gone so well! Any exciting plans this week?

I've just got work and the girls coming back after almost a week away with their dad.
                          Other than that, not much going on here..

ahh, I tried to get the free book, too, NS.. a link arrived in my spam with the option of a pdf or ebook.. but then it wasn't possible to click on either of the links. Did you end up getting the book in full? I've been reading her blog/watched a couple videos and I like a lot of what she has to say.

Wishing you all a good Un-hung Monday.. Stop in and let us know how you're doing!:happy2:
                          xx

Comment

Evening nesters

Well i am glad today is over, you dont realised how stressed you are till its done. everything was good and calcium deposits only. i have to be happy with that and relieved. so much so i came home and slept for 2 hours. the other half came with me and was so supportive, a bit of a shock when ex hubs could only focus on himself but it was lovely to have him there and be so supportive. today i truly appreciate how much i have gained in my sobriety and even with all my anxiety and stress i had no thoughts of wanting al to help me along, which of course it would not have.

Wags congrats lovely on 400 days, a true achievement and isnt it great to look at how much you can do now without drowning our lives with al.

LC you are sounding so positive and happy, keep holding on to that.

Well back to work tomorrow, prefer to pull my toenails out with pliers but sounds a bit painful really.

Thank you all for your thoughts, i dont know where i would be without you lot having my back but thats what family are for.

take care x
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Glad to hear everything is ok Ava!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], the ebook wouldn't download for me but the pdf file did. From what I skimmed through last evening, it looks like the kind of book that would help a person get his or her head in the "right place". Allan Carr's and Jason Vale's books also are good for that but this one is my favorite: Death Wish: The Path through Addiction to a Glorious Life: Steve Chandler: 9781625116: Amazon.com: Books

We're off for a family vacation this week. It occurred to me this morning how great it is not to be trying to figure out how to purchase and hide "enough" wine in a small cottage. I shop alone normally so it was always a problem on holiday when others would shop with me... And how I hated when we were at the beach or doing some touristy thing when in my mind, it was wine o'clock...I don't miss those bad old days!!

Comment

Working...
                                X