Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Congrats Byrdie on 2500 Days!!!!!

Can we get a prize for our prize patrol queen???

Byrdie, you already know that the very best prize of all is an AF life. Thanks for all that you do around MWO, especially in the nest. It's a joy and an honor to share these twigs wit you :heartbeat:
    Last edited by wagmor; November 30, 2017, 12:26 AM.
    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Morning Nesters,

Happy 2500 days Byrdie! What a wonderful accomplishment.. I'm sure you'll find some nice way to celebrate today!
      And tomorrow we get to celebrate 4 years with Ava, right? Hope everyone's getting their dancing shoes on!.. Then next day, Pav! and all before the weekend even begins..:happy2:

Crazy chicken stories, Lav! I'm glad to hear she's coming by though.. I hope she'll be alright.

Communication is definitely the name of the game, in all relationships we care about. I'm still really working on that one. Allowing myself to be more open and more vulnerable, to be able to tell people if I'm hurt or confused about the way something was said or the way someone has acted is a big part of it for me. Not wanting to look "weak" or let myself be open for criticism.. it's funny, but in being on my own now, away from the relationship I was in for 10 years and wanted out of for at least 2, I'm being confronted with a lot of my own "shit" for lack of a better word.. I don't have anyone else to blame (help!) and can much more clearly see my own problem areas because they aren't muddled up with someone else's.. Relationships are difficult all around.. but in hindsight, I wish I'd better been able to really let this person be who he was, not had so many expectations, as far as getting my validation from him and been able to see more of what he WAS able to give me and gave me freely (maybe not exactly what I "wanted" but in no way to be discounted!).. I'm fairly certain that if I'd been able to find a way to not take everything so personally, we would have been able to have much more constructive discussions and could have possibly found solutions.. Now I'm trying to do that with good friends, close colleagues, my kids, my parents.. For me, it's only possible when I'm sober.. because I HAVE more confidence in myself, self worth, love for myself.. I'm not as afraid to be "judged" because I know that while I'm doing the best I can, I have a lot to learn.. and basically all the people I have in my life want the best for me.

Having said that, yesterday afternoon I had a lot of cravings.. which threw me off a bit. But I realized it was mostly due to stress about money. It's become clear that financial stress was/is a big trigger for me.. and what does drinking do? It makes my financial stress greater!!!

ok everyone.. Hope it's a good Thursday. Or at least doable! Nar, a hot bath is sounding great to me right now! Too bad I have to run to work.. Saturday is just the day after tomorrow, though.
      xx!!
      Last edited by lifechange; November 30, 2017, 12:44 AM.

Comment

evening nesters

LC, it has taken me a long time to love and forgive myself for being an alcoholic and now i know it is who i am, it is a part of me and while i will never be cured i can be the person i want without al. I look back at how much i have grown in the last 4 years and i also visualise what i would have achieved if i had been drinking and the answer is one step closer to death. al gave me nothing and it sure took a hell of a lot off me. now as long as i keep it in the past where it belongs i am ok, i have no future with al but i have a wonderful future with my children and a man who loves me for who i am. He did not know the drinking me thank god and he never ever will as i will protect my quit with my life. Life has thrown me some doozies since i stopped drinking and yet nothing was ever worth drinking for or at. it felt like it sometimes that that ONE would help but as byrd says what alcoholic ever had that ONE drink. Keep doing what you are doing and life will only get better and better.

Happy 2500 days Byrd, OMG that is such a long time and such a big number and such proudness from us. you have achieved 2500 days of helping others to get sober including me. much love to you.

Lav i am so glad that chicken is still alive, must have 9 lives that one.

It is hot hot hot and i am over it completely and hopefully the cool change they predict will come through soon. A busy weekend coming up with seeing my son at the cannabis expo where i think he will be talking and going to a symphony with the man (his thing not really mine) and taking furniture to my mums who is also visiting next week. not sure about that one as its for a few days but our relationship is slowly getting better which is a good thing. I may even tell her i have been 4 years sober and she can take me out for lunch!

take care x
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Ava, yes you are hot hot hot indeed! hehe. Should be a cool change this weekend sometime.

Happy 2500 Byrdy! It's real cool to know you my friend. Someone who puts her hand up and will go out of her way to give others a hand. Wowza! Lot's of respect. have a beaut day.

Big waves to y'all. All very good here. Ooroo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I just checked and Ava has accomplished 4 years (probably in her sleep)!!

Friday, December 1, 2017 (GMT+11) 12:37 AM
            Time in Melbourne VIC, Australia

Congratulations, Friend! Your willingness to let us in on your path to where you are today has helped us all. I would never want to let you down :hug:.

Or you, either, Byrdie, with your big 2500 days!! I've been chasing you for a long time and it's good to know that while I'll never catch up, I also won't fall further behind.

Thanks to both of you for being here, paving the way for others and helping those ahead stay on the chosen track.

Last edited by NoSugar; November 30, 2017, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Congratulations on 4 years sober, dear Ava!!! I'm so proud of you and so happy for you.. You are one big, bright star here in the Nest and I thank you for giving us all so much support.. not to mention a lot of laughs. Much love, many hugs and a wonderful celebration!:love:

Comment

Happy 2500 Byrdie!!! You were one of the first friendly voices I found here, and I appreciate the kindness and time you put into this place. I have toolboxed many of your posts and continue to appreciate your support. WAY TO GO!

Ava, Happy 4 years!
                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Happy 4 years sober Ava! :balloons: New job and a new year coming up too. How about booking in for one of those day spa pamper things? You too Byrdy!

Cooler morning here in the big land down under. Stormy weather approaching. Loving it.

The weekend aint no reason to line up for no cotton pickin' ticket to boozeville. They were handing out free tickets in my street earlier. I said.... that ain't no damn ticket to a party. It's a ticket to gaol! I got my ticket to freedom, and i'm hanging on to my get out of gaol pass. Loving the sober life. Purpose. I gotta have a purpose. And i got one. Purpose is important to my emotional well being.
                  Last edited by Guitarista; November 30, 2017, 03:05 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Gosh, I appreciate all the kind words!!
                    The P-Ava Twins are about to bust all world records with their 4 years!! Holy crow, I remember when you two came in here I thought to myself "you have picked a hard time of year to stop this madness!" but by golly, you put your heads down, took each other's hand and went right thru the fire! I couldn't be more proud! THANK YOU for all you do here, each and every day. You are both AH-MAZING! Here's to 4 MORE YEARS! :yay:
                    Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Ava, Pav, and Brydie - CONGRATULATIONS to all of you. And thank you. You all have been inspirations to me and many others.
                      Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Byrdie, you certainly don't look 2500 days older to me, haha!!! CONGRATS to you, stay young forever!

Ava, CONGRATS on your 4 years AF :yay:
                        You have grown & moved on in the most wonderful way. I am proud to know you & wish you the best!

An update on the chicken -
                        Well, we asked for advice from our Amish friend & he said that bird has definitely gone off somewhere, made a nest & is sitting on a large clutch of eggs at this point. Sure enough, we found her sitting (hiding) in my LAVENDER bed, right outside the living room window!!! Underneath her was 21 eggs, OMG!!!
                        So she was hoping for a large family even though we have no roosters, LOL. We cleaned out her nest, donated those eggs to the wildlife in the area (I don't want them, yuck). I returned her to the fenced yard where she could eat & drink & be merry. I went out an hour later & found that she had hopped over the fence & returned to her makeshift nest. So this time we clipped her wing & told her the party is over. Hopefully she will not be able to get over the fence again, I'm getting tired of this, ha ha! I can't believe all the times I walked by her hiding spot & never saw her.

Have a safe night in the nest one & all!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

What a day! I have a sick little one - ugh. And getting over a 2-day migraine for me. Tried to go out for dinner for my son's birthday and we had to leave early! I used to be so bummed that I couldn't have wine on these nights of sickness. Not now - glad to be sober.

I had to be quick earlier, but I can't say enough how impressive it is and how much respect I have for the milestones here. AVA, and PAV - thank you for your consistent and insightful presence. You have both said really impactful things to me at important times, and I thank you. Congratulations and thank you for being such good leaders and paving the way for how this is done.

I'm off to rest and watch some tv.
                          Last edited by KENSHO; November 30, 2017, 10:06 PM.
                          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Congratulations, Pav, on 4 years of sobriety!! Thank you so much for your never ending support, "advice", amazing links! Have a wonderful time celebrating!:love:

Comment

Morning Nesters!

Kensho! I hope your little one is feeling better soon.. and that you are, too! I'm here with you, very glad to be sober!

I had a crazy evening yesterday, finally coming to terms with the fact that I have to have closure from a relationship without the other person. It's been "over" since the beginning of the year but I've had such a hard time letting go. I kept hoping we'd be able to meet up at some point and talk it out or develop a friendship of a different kind.. but it doesn't seem possible as we don't seem to be on the same plane of realtity. Last night I went by the place we always used to meet up and went inside.. I was able to see it through very different eyes.. I thought, what the heck am I doing here? I left and on my bike ride home, tried to figure out what I really hoped/wanted to get from having "closure".. I realised I mostly wanted for him to see that I'm fine and happy without him. Then I thought, he doesn't really care anyway... but I do! and for that, I just need to see it and live it myself. I don't need to prove it. When I got home I looked in the mirror and saw a person who actually has changed these past 11 months. I feel like I've grown up and am taking responsibility for myself.. which has been a bit sad (embarrasing to say at this age!) but I guess that's part of the whole process.. and I KNOW I don't ever want to go back. Anyway, it felt/feels like a big step to finally be able to let him go.. It was sortof my final goal before 2018. :happy2:
                              2017.. the year of letting go!

Lav, that is one sweet chicken.. has a mind of her own, doesn't she? We can sure all respect that! So funny that you never really saw her walking around.. well, I'm glad she's safe and sound..

So happy that it's Friday! Christmas markets begin this weekend and I'm looking forward to finding some pressies there.

Big hugs to Wags, NS, Ava and Pav, Byrdie and Lav, Marylou, Gman, Pauly, Moon, Nar, Kensho, MrV, Sky, Jude, Hyper! Everyone else stopping or flying by today..
                              What are your plans for the weekend? I'm always so nosy, wanting to know weekend plans! xx
                              Last edited by lifechange; December 1, 2017, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Evening nesters

thank you for the 4 year wishes and its been a happy day and a reflective one for me. I am so grateful to be sober and away from al. I never got how to feel grateful until i was told i had to each and every day for just something, anything really. I thought how the hell could that help me stay sober but it did and it does today. i used to have a list of why i needed a drink, now i have a list of being grateful for not drinking.

Tonight my SO said to me that he would not be with me if he had known me as a drinker. i said i wouldnt want to be with me either. I am grateful that tomorrow i will wake up early with someone i love next to me, not someone i would probably want to chew my arm off to get away from! Its going to be a busy weekend and thats fine now, i have no plans on planning to drink, no plans on being resentful that i cant drink. We are going out for dinner to celebrate my sober 4 years and to see a symphony after and its just the way i like it now. im not the life of the party, nor i should be at 53, im a grown up and it feels good. Thank you to everyone for helping me stay sober, i love my cyber family and will still be here next year to celebrate 5 years.

Oh lav so happy you found the chicken and her 21 eggs. god imagine if they had hatched, she would be psychotic with that many. I felt that way with 4 children.

LC great work on dealing with how you feel, to acknowledge that we feel and are grown up enough now to deal with our emotions is an amazing feeling. i still sometimes put the "too hard stuff" in a box for later. I dont have to deal with what i dont want to now as i have control over my life.

Happy 4th birthday Pav. so glad to have been on this journey with you and i am so proud of you girl. Sending you much love and hugs

Well i am off to finish cooking a baked dinner, i still shake my head that i am actually cooking dinner on a friday after work, mmmm. must be love or i really felt like a baked dinner.

take care xx
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X