Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Happy Monday, and a HUGE congratulations to you, Lav!

As I said on your thread, I really appreciate your no-nonsense approach. You keep it real, but in a kind way. I believe my "I don't drink" attitude and my practice of gratitude both come from your advice and your showing the way. No pity parties here! Thanks for letting me hang on to your tail feathers. I hope you get to celebrate YOU today!

Not much to say. My weekend was tiring, and I wish I had a day off now, but at least it was tiring with some fun.

Have a good one, Nest!

Pav

Comment

Good UN Hung Monday everyone.

Congratulations on 9 YEARS LAV!! Way to go! You are an inspiration to all of us. Like Pav, I too appreciate your no-nonsense approach. Thank you for all your support and Treat yourself to something nice, you deserve it :hug:

Hi Pav. Hope today is not to tiring.

Don't drink today.
      xo
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Morning Nesters...day 39. Watch out, Lavender, I'm right behind you. lol Congrats to you, lady!

039b93f6d293d27c95aab443a875b154.jpg

(Thanks for sharing the probiotic. I saved it on Amazon.

Byrd, try the Almond milk one if you find it. I tried maybe a year ago for the first time. It was pretty tasty. The rice milk ones I used to eat weren't as good back then.

Narily, I think having a really bad experience with food poisoning can make you pretty cautious going forward. Did you take anything for it? I use Nutribiotic Grapefruit seed/Artemesia capsules for digestive bugs. Probiotics may be a wise choice as well. Drink plenty of water, too. It will help flush out the toxins.

Have a great day all!
        The Drunkards Progress. From the first glass to the grave...

Comment

Happy Un-Hung Monday here, too, Nesters!

Lav, big, huge Congratulations on 9 years of sobriety.. makes my head spin. I appreciate (as the others said) so much your no-nonsense approach to life; gratitude, acceptance, living in the moment, positive thinking.. and you always give of yourself in such a kind way. You continue to stick around and keep this Nest more or less in order and for that I am very grateful.. I also hope you will find some time to celebrate today.. I'm sure Byrdie is busy baking a lovely cake.. and we're all already wearing our hats, as you can see from above!.:heartbeat:

Comment

Lav, your big day has arrived! I hope you have your speech ready! As I said on your thread, you don't have a bigger fan around here than yours truly! THANK YOU for your consistent and unwavering support around here. You are a HUGE part of why this NEST works! You've not only shown me how to stop drinking, but I have learned a great deal about LIFE from you. THANK YOU! XOXOOXOX
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Ola nesters!

Congratulations on 9, i say 9 years sober Lav!

Thanks for everything. Lot's of love from over here. G :heartbeat:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning nesters

Happy 9th sober birthday Lav, i remember when i finally decided to listen to the wise ones on here and to walk the walk and even though i thought you all spoke crap you beat it into my al fuddled brain that if i just accepted and appreciated life then i would get there. I did and i do and i thank you immensely for helping me achieve the gift of life. Much love to you for today. xx

LC i had a chuckle when i read your post the other day asking me what i liked to cook. that would be nothing :happy2: after cooking for 5 others my cooking days are near over. I do enjoy cooking for the SO occasionally but thats about it and even that is wearing thin!

Nar i am glad to hear you are feeling a lot better. that would be the pits getting food poisoning on hols. i had it when i was 8 months pregnant with my 1st and i thought i was going to die. the culprit was a sausage at a cafe. never want to go through that again.

i had a quiet weekend, we had friend around for dinner on saturday which was nice and i worked on sunday and napped. it was a windy, rainy weekend so not much to do. the SO's aunt is unwell again so i will be going to see the nursing home to rip them to shreds today. she has been out of hospital for 10 days, one would think if you took an elderly person home healthy they would manage to keep them that way.

Poppy had her last weekly dose of acupuncture and she is a lot better than she was by 70%. we now will see the vet monthly or when needed. I know i will be looking in to it myself.

Well i had better go and do some work.

take care x
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I've been busy all day, almost forgot that this IS a big day for me, ha ha!
                  THANK YOU everyone for your kind words, I appreciate them & all of you :hug:
                  Stop over in General & see the beautiful chicken cake JackieClaire left for me I made as much of a speech as I am capable of making over there

Nar, I know you would remember DG & greeneyes because we all posted in the daily thread back then. There were quite a few interesting characters there at the time, ha ha!
                  I hope you continue to heal & I would think about adding a good probiotic to your daily routine, they help.

Pav, that 'I don't drink' thought goes through my head at least once every day, even now & that's OK with me. I know that phrase is burned into my subconscious after all this time, feels good I hope you get some well deserved rest.

Crusader, who can resist a chicken in a party hat? Thank you!
                  You are doing great at 39 days, they will really start to pile up now.
                  Btw - my granddaughter has inherited my dairy intolerance so we share almond milk ice cream frequently. I also make an ice cream out of nothing but frozen bananas & it is delicious!!
                  I freeze chunks of bananas, toss them in the food processor & let it turn them into delicious ice cream. I usually toss in a handful of dairy free chocolate chips at the end, YUM

LC, tank you & yes, I do believe in the power of positivity & gratitude. I didn't always think that way but I sure do now!

Byrdie, you are the best, thank you! I know a good 'project' when I see one & that's why I wouldn't let you go until you got it right! You have done a fabulous job paying it forward around here. Many nesters have you to thank!

Mr. G, thanks! Can you believe it? I want the same for you, don't forget!

Ava, thank you as well & I knew you would find your way out too. Life is not always easy but we certainly can handle it much better with a clear head. We have both proven that over & over, haven't we?

Greetings to the rest of the nesters 7 wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

:congrats: Lav!!! I'll pop over to the other thread to read your speech, but wanted to post my belated congrats here in the cozy nest you so lovingly help maintain :heartbeat:

Now when is MWO gonna add a chicken emoticon ???
                    Last edited by wagmor; March 27, 2018, 09:30 AM.
                    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Morning Nesters...day 40. Yay!

I have an appointment in the city for an adjustment in my mouth, so short this morning. I made a doctors appointment for next Tuesday, so I have another week to keep working my diet and castor pack changes for results before seeing her. My energy levels have definitely increased. It's still too soon to know if this will resolve these issues in full.

Lav, I've eaten frozen bananas with dairy free chocolate sauce (homemade) drizzled over them before. I have put peanut or other nut butters on them, too. Your creation sounds delicious. Hear that, Byrd? Give these two alternatives a whirl.:thumbsup: You deserve to feel good! I loved Jackie C's chicken cake. I wouldn't want to cut it either.

Everyone have a great AF day.

Edit: Doorways

Choice is the most powerful tool we have.
                      Everything boils down to choice.
                      We exist in a field of infinite possibilities.
                      Every choice that we make shuts an infinite number of doors
                      and opens a number of infinite doors.
                      At any point we can change the direction of our lives by a simple choice.
                      It is all in our hands, our hearts, and our minds.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Crusader; March 27, 2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Good morning everyone,
                        Happy Un Hung Tuesday. I am finally feeling back to my old self today. Holy crap, food poisoning sucks! I guess I will have to be a little more careful from not on. I have in fact become a fanatic about cleaning and making sure everything in my fridge is sealed properly or not expired. haha...I will see how long that lasts.

I am fostering two daschunds for a few days along with my 2 so it is totally mental around my house right now. BUT it is fun!

Lav, that is funny that you almost forgot what day it is. I am kinda the same way with my anniversaries. I do have a 4 year one coming up. Wow, time flies.

Do not drink today.
                        xo

So glad to be sober.
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Lav, hope you’ve had a good day! Ill wander over to your thread to catch your speech! I thank my lucky stars every day for YOU!
                          What a day! Glad this is a short week.
                          Hope everyone has a peaceful evening. Hugs to all, Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Glad to be checking in quickly while my granddaughter is here for a few days. Yes, these are the very special times I would have missed if I had chosen to keep drinking.

Crusader, it truly is all about the choices we make in our lives. I am forever grateful that I made the choice I did when I did

Nar, it just seems so normal to not drink & not really even think about it either. That's what happens when we make the right choice. Looking forward to celebrating your 4 years with you very soon

Byrdie, I hope your week eases up as it goes. Your customers will probably drop back a bit for holiday festivities, I hope!

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night inn the nest for all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning Nesters...day 41.

My appointment went well yesterday, so hopefully no more trips to the city for a while. I've had more energy than I did and have been nailing things off my list instead of being a fatigued vegetable. The diet change and packs have helped, but there is still pain inside, so I'll most likely keep the doctors appointment next week. I stopped at Trader Joe's yesterday and loaded up on more fruits and veggies and treated myself to shrimp for shrimp cocktail. It was a no fat option.

The weather has been nice this week and that is always a benefit to my mood. My three herbs I planted just four days ago have already sprouted in the peat pods. I planted Lavender, Chamomile, and Catnip this time around. I have a stand out on the deck that I will grow some herbs on this year. The dill and cucumbers are planted in some other pots indoor as well. I'm excited to get to spring. I have planned activities to keep me busy and help me not want to drink as summer is always a trigger while enjoying the outdoors and my arts and craft room is all cleaned and organized again. I may order a sauerkraut maker, too. I've been wanting one for a while. If anyone can't take dairy based probiotics, you can eat unprocessed or homemade sauerkraut to help put good bacteria into your digestive track. Yesterday, I ordered some sprout lids and alfalfa seeds to start sprouting again. It's been quite some time since I've done that. So, lots of changes going on for me. Tired today, but feel happy.

Everyone have a great AF day.

Comment

Hi Nesters!
                                Happy Un-Hung Tuesday here, too..

Lav, how nice was that chicken cake! I've never seen anything like it.. and I loved the chicken with the hat, Crusader.. good find. I doubt that Lav's chickens did it up for her..? Though surely they would have liked to!
                                We used to always make that kind of banana ice cream, Lav.. Then my eldest would make a chocolate sauce with coconut oil, cocoa powder and maple syrup that would harden on the ice cream.. it was just like Dairy Queen..:happy2: Thanks for reminding me..

Nar, I am so happy that you're back to normal.. wondering if you know what made you so sick? I think that often poor food handling is the culprit.. raw meats with raw veg.. or not keeping things at the right temp. I'm sorry that you had such a lousy Mexican holiday.. You'll have to make a really nice Easter dinner to forget!

Crusader, glad to hear you're feeling better/gaining energy. I had to laugh when you mentioned what you're planting.. just because I have a balcony and 2 cats and I can only plant what they like to eat or what they are allowed to lay in and squish! I also have a squirrel that comes every day for nuts.. who of course digs to bury in my pots and pees/poops in them. It's still fun but it isn't for me! I cook for a living and we always have many ferments going on in our kitchen.. I love these sorts of probiotics and we all swear by them.. My favourite book ever on the subject is called, Wild Fermentation by Sandor Katz.. I was so fortunate to meet him and do a workshop with him a couple of years ago.. he is also a real crusader! In case you don't know him, here is a very nice short video/ film from the NYTimes.. Sandorkraut: A Pickle Maker. I find him so inspiring.. Sandorkraut: A Pickle Maker - Video - NYTimes.com

Hope everyone is having a nice week.. I've got to get off to make some dinner! My youngest is crocheting frisbees in the living room and listening to the Kingston Trio.. her choice. Who does that anymore?!
                                xx
                                Last edited by lifechange; March 28, 2018, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X