Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good Sunday evening Nesters,

Yep, dampish in my portion of the nest, just as predicted.

Good to see everyone & especially good to see folks are staying true to their AF plans & moving away from that AL monster! No one needs the weight of that bum on our backs, right?
    After just a relatively short period of AF time we begin to feel lighter, brighter & oh so free. Why would we ever want to mess with all that??

Congrats to the moms dealing with the teenage stuff...…..you will survive, I promise! You will be so proud of yourselves (and your teens) when it's all over, ha ha!

NS, a 5:30 am meeting? Geez, that's rough. Good luck with that

G, good luck with your interview. Maybe you'll have something new to focus on while your heart heals :hug:

Byrdie, wishing you a safe trip to your next event. Take care of yourself!

Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hola nesters!

Thanks Lav. Yep, this week of work will be a welcome distraction. Hope all's well there.

Big waves to all. Keep on truckin through the storm. Why i may even pause for a little samba......

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hello everyone,
        G, that girl does not know what she is missing! We will just keep you to ourselves

Belle, don't drink! Especially if you have teenagers. I remember telling my 16 year old son to quit smoking pot while I was totally hammered. He just smirked at me, I will never forget that look from him. I quit drinking shortly after that. You don't want your kids to see you drunk, its the worst feeling.

Ava, I liked your post about the calming effect of MWO. That is a really good way to think about it. I agree totally with you.

NS, Life, Pav, Rava, Slo, Byrdie, Lav, everyone, have a great day.

xo
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

haha hi Narilly. thanks mi amiga. :heartbeat:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

morning nesters

Back to the grind today and sooooo busy but a good busy. i do love my job.

Belle a huge congratulations on 100 days and so glad you didnt drink and came on here. no-one is worth drinking AT always remember that, the only person it hurts is you!.

Oh Nar those memories. i remember running out of al and i went to my sons room. he had friends around and i just stood there swaying like a drunk that i was, so wanting another drink. that was near the end of my drinking days and i still cringe at it, even though his friends had seen me drunk so many times. some of those memories are doozies!

Glad to see you back in the swing of things G, good luck with your interview and enjoy being back at work.

The SO's birthday today so we are going out for dinner tonight with his daughter and grandchildren which will be lovely. he is also looking after my fur baby today which is nice as she is very sad since her sister died and i cant bring her to work sadly.

Take care xx
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Mondays are always crazy even when you're supposed to be mostly retired, ha ha!!!
              The rain stopped & we had a few hours of sun, nice

Belle, CONRATS on your 100 AF days :welldone:
              Feel proud of your choices, we are all proud of you!

G, glad to hera you are safely distracted, LOL

Hi Narilly!

Ava, happy birthday to your SO. I hope dinner was nice for all of you.
              Are you thinking of possibly getting another pup at some point? I've been thinking about getting another but am getting some resistance here. My small dog doesn't take a liking to new dogs & my spouse is grump about the topic. I'm so used to having a two dog house.

Hello to everyone dropping in later & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, I have 2 dogs. One rescue and another I raised. They are both daschunds and I love them. Get another dog, your hubby will be ok, lol.

Xo Ava
                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi Nesters!

quick fly-by for me this morning.. but wanted to say hi to everyone!
                  and congratulate Belle on 100 days!! Well done..
                  How are you doing, Rava?
                  Hope everyone has an easy/manageable Tuesday..xx
                  Last edited by lifechange; June 11, 2018, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Belle - congrats on 100 days!!! The celebration is especially meaningful since you got passed that temptation on day 99. Welcome to triple digits
                    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Thanks for the congrats! I'm on the other side of 100. Life isn't much easier now, but I'm learning to ride out the storms without AL.

The key is to come to MWO when the going gets rough, even if I just read and don't post...I know I'm not alone.

Drifty...I fell off just short of 5 years AF. It took me over a year to get things going again. it's true that it is harder, but on the other hand the "muscle memory" kicks in after a while and you do remember what you need to do. For me however, life has been throwing some doozies lately...like the AL bastard is really trying to trap me. Cunning monster he is.

Graduation is over. Guests will be leaving today, but that doesn't mean things will be all unicorns and butterflies. True I have to keep sobriety #1 or it will all go to pieces.

G man glad to hear you made it back safe and sound from South America. what a cool adventure that must have been. And the lady...I'm sure you are too good for her anyway. You'll be fine.

Take care everyone
                      BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Hey all,
                        havent had a. Hance to read back, Im at another trade show in Dallas.
                        Last night week out to a BBQ place and later ended up in a meat coma. I now know what the meat sweats are! All is well, checking in for accountability! Hugs to all! F97347E6-3416-4B42-BCFB-6D7DD9DA4997.jpg
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Byrdlady; June 12, 2018, 08:27 AM.
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by BelleGirl View Post
                          Life isn't much easier now, but I'm learning to ride out the storms without AL.
                          I think THIS pretty much sums it all up. Al will tell us, "Hey, if I'm such a problem, then surely your life should magically be easier without me. But it isn't, so I must not be all that bad and maybe I can actually help you cope." But we quickly learn that Al is a liar and a con artist. In reality, quitting doesn't make everything easier. But the longer we stay AF, the better our skill set becomes and the more tools we learn to use that are far better for coping with and managing the normal ups and downs that life entails. And we find that our new tools actually DO make some things easier because they don't cause additional problems of their own, or alienate people, or... (fill in blank with all the problems Al brought you).

Great job Belle. And great job everyone who is here. We have all decided to take our lives back and, as Belle said so accurately, ride out the storms without Al.
                          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi, All:

Mr. G, you live life with your heart on your sleeve. It is a wonderful way to be - so open to saying what you feel. The hard part is that occasionally that vulnerable heart gets battered and bruised more easily than others. I'm sorry about what happened in Chile - what a bummer. I know that with your spirit and love of life you'll be finding someone soon... How did that interview go?

Byrd - Hahaha. Meat sweats...

Belle - glad you rode out that storm, and now your sober muscles are stronger. That WAS a blow to me - quitting drinking certainly does NOT solve all of the problems. But it does help me deal with them with a clearer head and more focus. Congratulations on your son's graduation!

Off to work. Happy Tuesday!

Pav

Comment

Good morning from over here.

You're a top crew of people. Thanks for your words of love and support.

Job interview seemed to go ok. I expressed what i wanted to re how i'd approach the role, so whether that's what they wanted to hear or not, i will find out today. I still retain my regular job there regardless, so no big deal, but the new job on offer is regular hours on set days rather than on a roster system so that would suit me better. I'll know today! Bring it on either way.

Congrat's on 100 days Belle! Wow, that's something else.

Safe travels Byrdy! Big waves to y'all.

Comment

morning nesters

G if your work knows a good wicket they will hire you. What is the job exactly? If its belly dancing or pole dancing then i am not sure if you would be suited being a male and all but then again........

The SO had a lovely birthday and we had a nice dinner with his daughter and the twin 5 year olds. i want to bottle their energy though i sat with a smile thinking of those days when my 4 were young and am pretty grateful they are adults now. The SO is spending another day with my fur baby while i am at work and i think he is quite enjoying it. We have decided though not to get another dog as we would like to do some travelling in a year or so but i will get another dog one day. We now have rupeys ashes on the bureau so she is home where she should be.

Work is super busy, everyone seems to be sick in winter and grumpy, summer is much easier to deal with patients they appear nicer.

Belle, everyday life never goes away, its how we deal with it that matters. My anxiety was through the roof for the last few weeks with regards to the SO's aunt being so ill and me having to decide to put my girl down but i know drinking wont fix the stress or the problems, chocolate will and cups of tea.

back to the grind. take care x

Oh Byrd that is so much food, so much fat and protein!
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X