Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

morning nesters

Well if i ever wanted to drink AT anyone it was yesterday at the brain dead moron of a PA who yet again forgot to put in my timesheet so i could get paid. 40 timesheets she has to process and she has not done mine twice in 6 months. Of course she is a manipulative, coverted bully who then came to my office full of remorse but i now find i can only be pushed so much before i pop or as my children say "the dragon is woken". I have a strong feeling that this woman will now leave me completely alone and has realised she has pushed the wrong person to try and have control over. Thankfully i have a lovely boss who tried to get me paid but due to the end of our financial year this is not possible. So today i am working from home so i can gather myself. I know i am a good worker and i play well with others, this PA doesnt play well with others and has felt threatened by me since she started 8 months ago. I am so grateful to not drink and be able to speak out on how i felt and listened to by others, i am grateful i put her in her place so that she hopefully will leave me alone and totally grateful that i am sober even though my anxiety was at an all time high.

Frances i hope you have taken all your tools with you and check in when you can. Remove yourself if you feel like a drink, go for a walk and eat and eat some more.

Great link Pav and so true, i remember i wanted the dancing girls and street parade and had the "is this its" but i know i have achieved so much in the time i have been sober and i know if i had not stopped drinking i would be dead. My goal is that in my tenth year sober i will be a nana or retired, both are appealing and achievable.

Great work on 7 days Rava, i could not wipe the smile off my face when i did a full week, that had not happened for me in years and years.

Oh Nar i had a chuckle as i had never heard of you falling downstairs either! My son also likes to bring up the wheeling me to bed in the computer chair so i would not fall over and i am the mother!

well time for a cup of coffee and to do some work. Glad your chicken is on the mend Lav, nothing like a mothers love to bring them back to health.

take care xx
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

[MENTION=20476]KENSHO[/MENTION] Congrats on 200 days! That’s amazing! :yay:
      Last edited by Rava; June 28, 2018, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Rava, please accaept this small token from your fellow nesters! Its your FULL MOON! :butt: you’ve got AL in the rear view! The worstvis behind you! Great job on 7 days!
        Kensho, 200 days is AH-MAZING! You dont see that every day! :llama: so happy for you and proud of how far you have come on this journey. Keep up the great work!
        Its a great day in the nest!!! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Nice post Pauly. Losing control scares the crap outa me. Thank You for being here.

I am looking for work still and sometimes it gets me a little bummed out. I have to try and stay positive, I know I will get a job eventually. Thank goodness I am not drinking!

Ken, having coffee on your neighbour’s porch sounds nice.
          Hi Mr V, Life, Byrdie, Lav, Pav, Ava,
          Rava, way to go on one week!

G. Dude, where are you? Get back here!
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Rava, did you just moon my lama? Hmmm.

I just stopped by the lake where my husband was and we chatted for a few minutes before I came home to make dinner. Those little breaks are essential. There was a man, likely his mother, and a little girl. My husband said they had been there all day too. The man was drunk, and the woman - after grabbing another. mini of vodka and slamming the entire cup with a little gatorade, was wasted. She was cussing and not in any shape to handle a 4 yr. old girl. I felt really badly for her, and sad for the grown ups. NOT a way to live
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good Friday morning nesters and thanks for the full moon and words of encouragement. Feeling pretty good today although never over confident. I absolutely know that I’m just one drink away from messing up. My brain feels confident for now and that’s all I want. I like hearing everyone’s stories [MENTION=16186]available[/MENTION] the computer chair to bed is a good one! Reminds us of what we don’t want to be again. I remember when my kids were little, we went to a party and I was so drunk that I literally folded up in the lawn chair and then fell over sideways. What a great look for the mother of 3 young children. UGH. Don’t want to repeat that messed up life again. Plus being over 60 the hangovers are much harder to recooperate from. I’m already planning my friday night alone as my husband works late. None of the plans include alcohol. Wishing everyone a great and sober day!

Comment

Hi,

Grateful to be UN HUNG this lovely Friday morning.

Worried about paying for college and money - I HATE that worry because I do feel helpless. Ava, it would be very hard for me to miss a paycheck!

Thinking good thoughts about jobs, paychecks, college, teens, fur babies, inflammation, and all the rest. I KNOW we won't drink about all of that because WE DON'T DRINK!

Happy Friday,
                xo
                Pav

Comment

Today is a big day for my clients. Scores from their huge exam (test date 3 weeks ago) are being posted today. Some will be elated and relieved, some will be disheartened and discouraged. These are both "reasons" for which people often drink - to celebrate, or to drown their sorrows. I am finding it interesting to navigate this with people. I had a fleeting thought of suggesting a drink to one student, and immediately caught myself, and did NOT suggest it. Now I'm just sitting with the whole thing, realizing a new way in which al has crossed my path, and a new choice I get to make regarding not whether *I* should drink but whether someone else (non-nester ) should.

What an interesting culture we have, that al is such an auto-response to so many situations.

Bottom line, I don't drink, and I'm not going to suggest that someone else do so.

Congrats again to Kensho (200 days) and Rava (7 days) and everyone else adding another day to their tally (or starting anew today, or lurking and wanting to complete Day One). Every day you acquire is one day healthier and freer.
                  Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Afternoon, nesters!
                    Our weather has been very unstable lately. We'll have sunshine one minute and sideways rain the next, I guess it's the typical summertime pattern here. The house beside us is now rented most of the summer. The owner died two years ago and his son now does weekly rentals. Our houses are about 15 feet apart, so you can hear everything, they were out back last night having a high ole time. There are two couples apparently and they were really whopping it up out there while grilling burgers...IN THE RAIN and lightning. I tell you, there's no way I'd have been out in lightning holding a metal fork and metal lid. It is a miracle they didn't get struck. Made me think of the hundreds of stupid things I did while drinking and didn't think a thing of it. I never drove, thank goodness, but only because I could have lost my job if I got caught, so I always was able to come up with some excuse why I couldn't drive. I sure did my share of other stupid things tho. I HATE AL.
                    TFIF, as Available says! It's only Friday, NOT a ticket to BoozeVille! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Happy Un Hung Friday.
                      Byrdie, the weather is the same here. Sunny one minute and cloudy and rainy the next. I have to watch outside and make a break for it when I think its not going to rain.

Pav, I know exactly what you mean about missing a paycheck. I don't have much time left to get my Employment insurance and am starting to get worried. Hey, but at least I don't drink...that's my catch all phrase.

You are doing great Rava, yeah it sucks being hungover especially with kids around.

Have a good one everyone. I always drank on Friday night, always...and now I can actually watch a movie or whatever,Remember the evening and wake up in the morning Un Hung!

Don't drink today.

Wags, I agree its any excuse to drink. Thank goodness you don't drink.
                      Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good evening Nesters.

I ended up with a surprise this afternoon. My grandsons are back & staying overnight too. THIS is yet another reason I safeguard my quit - last minute calls to watch grandkids. I love have them here, much easier now that they are school aged.

Ava, so sorry about the paycheck snafu
                        It happened to me once & I left the job. I got my paycheck but my bank refused to cash it because it tecnically was a bad check, insufficient funds. Can you imagine? I hope they get it straightened out quickly for you & include a little extra just for tge aggravation!

Today was day one of the heat wave. Looks like no relief coming until sometime later next week , geez.
                        Hello to all & wishing a safe night in the nest for everyone!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Nesters,

I haven't read back yet, but just wanted to check in after going MIA again. Reason is anxiety, and things got so bad with work that I RESIGNED!! My last day was Wednesday, and I have no regrets whatsoever! Now just taking a few days to adjust to it all.

Wishing everyone a happy, unhung weekend, 'til next time,
                          Steady
                          AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Hi Steady, good on you. You don’t need that stress in your life. Thanks for checking in.

Ken, I just read your post about the drunk parents at the lake. That sounds terrible! Poor 4 year old girl, I feel sorry for her too. Thank goodness we don’t drink.

Lav, we are having weird weather here all weekend and no heat wave. I actually wouldn’t mind a little heat wave here

Have a good one
                            Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

I haven't popped in for a while - glad to hear your all doing well (or getting there) [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] hope you are keeping well xx
                              To see a world in a grain of sand
                              And a heaven in a wildflower.
                              Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                              And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Soul View Post
                                I haven't popped in for a while - glad to hear your all doing well (or getting there) @Wildflowers @Orimus hope you are keeping well xx
                                How are you doing, Lost Soul? We've missed you.

Comment

Working...
                                X