Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

I've missed you motley crew too. But haven't been doing so well - so felt it was unfair to post. I do still read a lot though. I miss Mario a lot too. Xxx
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wildflower.
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour.

Comment

I think when you're struggling is probably the most important time to post [MENTION=9078]Lost Soul[/MENTION]. That's the only way a forum like this can work. No one will judge you - we've all been there, or we wouldn't be here. xx

Comment

Hi Nesters,
        Just peeking in to say happy unhung Saturday. Day 120 here.

Had a great mini vacation at the beach and it was great to be able to take long walks on the boardwalk in the morning...unhungover. I decided I would not let the teens ruin my trip with their sleeping in, arcade time, and things I'm not interested in. if they missed breakfast time, due to sleeping in, I would go myself and they could go later on their own dime. I had a lovely time with myself. lol. Did get some great beach time and the weather was perfect...not too hot. This old lady can still swim and jump the waves with the best of them.

trying to get back to reality but might take another mini trip to my dad's house. it's a nice little getaway and my brother and family will be hanging out there. I love my little nieces to pieces as if they were my own kids.

being sober rocks! (even when the sucky parts of life come up)

and [MENTION=11526]LostSoul[/MENTION], please hang around I like the way [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] put it "we've all been there or we wouldn't be here". So true.
        Last edited by BelleGirl; June 30, 2018, 08:54 AM.
        BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

I bet you can swim Belle! Next time I will go with you and we can kick those waves’ butt!

Lost Soul, like NS and Belle said, the most important time to post is when life sucks. We are here for you.

Don’t drink today.
          Xo
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Morning nesters

Welcome back LS, pick up a pew and settle in.

Glad you had a nice break Belle and having YOU time is always good. I am an early person but do love my naps though in the afternoon. My 24 year old still sleeps till noon and then has an afternoon nap. just a waste of a day really.

Hey Steady and i hope your anxiety settles now you have resigned. life is too short and since we spend so much time at work we may as well be kind of happy where we are. Hope you find something that makes you happy soon.

Lav, i wont be paid till this week but thats ok as i spoke my mind and hopefully got this wretched woman out of my face. I also found out i was moving office on Friday so now have to go and pack up my old one. Said wretched woman forgot to tell me the moving date also. I am looking forward to the change and being around others as i am pretty isoldated at present.

My fur baby is so much better after her course of antibiotics so onwards and upwards with her i hope. A beautiful sunny morning in Ausland so may go and hae a hit of golf and some breakfast.

take care x
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Super hot here & no relief in sight. Thankful for the AC

Ava, I hope your office move brings you better luck & less dealings with the wretched woman.

Steady, good to see you! Stick around for a while.

LS, good to see you as well. Find a nice twig & hop on board with the rest of us. Sometimes the support here can do wonders :hug:

Narrily, you are welcome to all the darn heat you want, ha ha! I'm heading to Niagara Falls & into Ontario with my daughter & her family in another week or so. I just checked the predicted temp there & it's not as hot as here but close.

Belle, CONGRATS on your 120, yay!!!
              Glad you enjoyed your beach trip, nice.

Hi there NS, Byrdie, Pav, Kensho, Wags & everyone! Mr G - where are you???

Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Checking in from bed on my phone. Hi Steady! Belle, being sober DOES rock. I’m sorry you’re struggling Lost S. Please talk to us if you’re feeling open. Here to listen and help.

Tonight I went to a brewery with husband before we went to my sons show. I found a root beer and sat with him and we just talked. He asked me how long it had been since I last had an alcoholic beverage. I said 203 days. (That’s close at least). He was a little surprised that I knew to the day, and he said “Great job”. He was supportive and encouraging. I told him I didn’t miss it, that it was a problem for me. He sees that I’m happier and more balanced now, and the desire for me to join him has slowly been replaced by respect for my decision. It helps that I don’t hinder his choice to drink. I take care of me, and he sees that. Leading by example and taking care of oneself speaks louder than any words.

It DOES get easier the longer I’m away from AL. If you’re struggling, keep trying. It will eventually click that alcohol takes you to an unhappy place every time. So why not try for happy? It can be done with faith, determination and tools.

Night night.
                Last edited by KENSHO; June 30, 2018, 11:39 PM.
                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi, Nest--

Always good to see you pop in, Steady. Hope all is well.

LS - I agree with NoSugar (as usual). No point in only checking in when everything is fine...

Kensho - sounds nice - glad your husband seems to be getting it. My husband has not followed my "lead by example" into a healthier lifestyle. I find it very frustrating at times, but I have given up trying actively to change him. It wasn't working and it just gets me frustrated. I know he'd be healthier with just a few changes, but change is challenging and hard. I get it. I continue to lead by example...

Ava - glad fur baby is better, and glad you'll get to be more social...

We continue to get a lot done here around the house. It is a pretty small place - once you unlodge a corner of stuff, there's no place new to put it until you unlodge another corner of stuff. We're getting rid of a lot which feels good, but not enough IMHO. Little by little...

Hope you all have great SOBER Sundays!

Pav

Comment

My 12 yr. old son has 5 friends over to bake cupcakes, and then go to the reservoir nearby. They haven't seen each other all summer and it is heartwarming to see how happy they are! So nice I'm not consumed with planning drinking... I can be there for them. My son needs this interaction because none of his friends live in the neighborhood. Yea!

G-MAN... Dude. Check in please.

To everyone else, hello and wishing strength and perseverance.
                    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Kensho, how cool about your son. I baked a cake today in my new silicone pans in the microwave! 3 minutes! I was stunned and very happy with the results!
                      Been a lazy day today, just what I needed! Hope everyone has an easy evening. Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

3minutes? That is amazing Byrdie.

Ava, thinking about you and your puppy.

I am going out to 2 parties now for Canada Day and wanted to check in first to remind myself that I don’t drink, right Pav?

Lav, have fun in Ontario.
                        Hello Belle, Kensho, NS.

Don’t drink today.
                        Xo
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Still dealing with overwhelming heat here, ugh. Not fit for man nor beast I say, ha ha!!!
                          I think I'm just a day or so away from getting my injured chicken back in with her flock. She's feeling petty strong this weekend & is hopping out of her (hospital room) box in my laundry room, LOL
                          She took a horrible beating from someone/something & she has done remarkably well healing in just 8 days.

Great to see everyone but I am becoming concerned about Mr G. C'mon buddy check in
                          Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all - glad most everyone sounds pretty good but sorry things haven't been going great for you Lost Soul - glad you are here!

I got back from our trip this evening - had a good time and enjoyed tea or water while everyone else was drinking. It wasn't easy but I made it! It really is a pain having to go back to the cravings - I keep telling myself I'm rewiring. I know from experience that it gets easier but it's hard while the brain and body just think having a drink is the thing to do! I'm looking forward to those feelings becoming less frequent.

I can relate to the comments about kids sleeping a lot - my almost-20 year old does just what your son does Ava. I think he could sleep literally all day if he wanted to. Thankfully he's working and playing ball this summer - if he didn't I swear he'd stay in bed all the time!

I can also relate to husband 'choices'...when I quit a couple of years ago my husband really seemed to miss me joining him - but then, after a long time where drinking just wasn't what I did anymore, I think he got used to that, so when I started drinking regularly again recently he seemed very surprised and though he wasn't complaining about it, I think he thought I shouldn't be drinking so much. It was interesting. In the meantime, he drinks pretty much daily like he always has. But he will do what he will do and I can only control what I do, and that's just how it is!

I told him recently that I've stopped again and please don't offer me anything and he's been very good about that, which is helpful.

Rava hope everything is going well - we are one day apart in our quit - it's nice to have someone around in the early stages.
                            Last edited by frances; July 2, 2018, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Good morning Nesters! I have been babysitting my grandson this weekend so little time to check in. I am happy to report [MENTION=7263]frances[/MENTION] that I am still strong in my quit. Yay Me! [MENTION=11526]LostSoul[/MENTION], please stay connected. I was checking in for about a month and still drinking but I kept coming back. The fact that you are checking in means you are looking for a change. No one judges here, thats what I love about being part of this network. I may be a newbie but I feel very supported. Wishing everyone a great day without alcohol.

Comment

Welcome Laura! I don't often post here, but I read everyday. Lots of sage advice and support! You can do this!:thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
                                X