Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=tantangra;855683]Hi everyone,

I reached day 30 AF yesterday and rewarded myself with a wonderful facial. Two hours at the beautician and got my eyebrows shaped as well, that's a new one for me.
    /QUOTE]

:disco::jumpwow: Congratulations!

Your eyebrows look lovely in your pic, though...:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

peggyh;855892 wrote: Hi, Thank you all for being here. It is my first day today, I had 10 months with AA but have been drinking about once a week since I blew it a month ago - AA is tired of me and I am feeling lost and scared.
      :new:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Welcome aboard, peggyh...we have plenty of butt velcro and safety belts up here in the nest. Also, cokes, diet cokes, other sodas, coffee, tacos, etc. We won't get tired of you here. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chook...:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunshine_gg;855938 wrote: Morning Fledglings!

Off to feed critters and get some work done! Meeting up with daughter's b/f's mom tonight to finalize baby shower! Wow... this granny stuff is coming on quickly now!

Welcome PeggyH... glad you flew into the nest - make yourself at home!

Over and out!
          Have a great day! Wow...you're going to be a grandma? Congratulations!

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;855917 wrote: WELCOME PEGGYH:welcome::welcome:
            Get Comfy.

I'm late for work. Got to run. Will catch you all later.:h
            Don't forget your bagel and diet coke!

Comment

Newbies Nest

getting started with this thread

So, um, how does the newbies nest work? Just post about whatever you are up to at the moment?

Comment

Newbies Nest

someone_else;855982 wrote: So, um, how does the newbies nest work? Just post about whatever you are up to at the moment?
                Hi, someone_else...yep, pretty much! The nest is a safe place to hang out. Sometimes folks are struggling to stay sober and need to come here for support. Sometimes, it's more of a fun place. We come here to give and receive support, basically. Climb aboard!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Fennel - your mood says Brooding. What's up?
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Actually, it should say "Blah"...hold on a sec!

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's mighty perceptive of you! Just feeling out of sorts today. We're on day five billion of cold, crappy weather. Mrs. Fennel and I returned from a summery paradise to snow warnings and chill blains. We've had one good weather day since our return! Plus, other stupid stuff.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:l:l:l:l:l:lFennel
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Nora...looks like this weekend might improve a bit!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I must go and work out now, nestlings....I've set out plenty of diet cokes, topa, taco fixings, salad fixings, bagels and fresh fruit. See you cats later!

Comment

Newbies Nest

:l Chook
                              We are NOT tired of you - and neither are you, when you think of it. Tired perhaps of the struggle, but not you. You always have SO much on the go... could you let your mom or a friend look after the wee chicks for an afternoon and take some TIME OUT for yourself? I'd offer babysitting services... but I'm at the OTHER end!

Tant... :wd: Great, GREAT achievement! Pat yourself on the back, my dear! So, when's the next beee-u-teeee treatment booked?

Fennel, I hear ya on the weather.. damn friggin frigid here, too. I think someone stapled the calendar together wrong... I want March back!!!!

Hello Ms. Nora!!! How's the swimming/climbing/nesting today?

And, Hi to you, someone! Yup, come here to rant and rave, for encouragement, for inspiration, a sense of community, etc. Somehow, it keeps you 'grounded' when you have a few threads you check into every day. It's nice to get to know the people who also frequent the same threads - and realize you are NOT alone in this dilemma.

K.. back to work. Had another little power struggle with the big furries this morning - hence Atlas bought himself an audience ticket - funny business and playing 'hard to catch' will not get you grain. So there. Very bad-ass of me :H
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you, Sunshine. I like your signature, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X