Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks guys....
    A horse allergic to hay???? That's funny!!!!!
    Fenelll....kick some techie ass!!!
    Off to work in the POURING rain....gotta love Mondays!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning and Happy Monday!

And a lovely dreary day it is! Busy day at work today so just popping in for a quick hello and change of avatar.

Hope everyone has a great day!

:h
      Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick pop-in - beautiful day, heading out to horse adventures shortly! Wish me luck! :H

Have a fabby AF Monday, everyone!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Best of luck, Sunshine!

Well, everyone, I posted this in the Katie's 30-day challenge thread but maybe should have put it here, so forgive me for repeating myself, or cross-posting, or whatever you call it...
          . . .
          Well, I messed up on Saturday, but I think I have learned something - it was triggered by anxiety and generally stressing about stuff. I went back on the Effexor. The other things I've tried I'm not sure really did much. And I'm trying not to put so much pressure on myself to have a perfect house, yard, etc., work, and do it all myself. I'm allowing myself time to rest, etc. Spinning with stress is not worth it. It has driven me to drink in the past and I am so sick of it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

good luck with the horsies sunni x

someone else- well done for recognising your triggers and you are so right the things that cause us to stress sooooo aren't worth it!

who needs a perfect house more than they need happiness and a healthy liver. we have to sometimes say sod the housework! xxx:l
            The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, I think trying to be someone I'm not was really not working for me!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everybody

Just a quick hello as usual before heading off to work.

Someone Else - there lots to learn about ourselves along the af journey. Nothing is wasted or lost if we learn from it.

Suns good luck with the horsy adventures. Have to call you the horse whisperer :H

Good to see you Coco, Dancing Girly Tant Hip and Fen and everyone else I've missed. And Mama, great photo. You've every right to be proud. Top moment.

Has anyone seen the whereabouts of Tranq and Molly. Don't think I've seen them around for a bit.

Lav always good to see you fluttering around. Hope you're doing good.

NoraC If you've lost your blue velcroe suit - I've got it on at the moment. It actually had honey and syrup and something that looked like cold wax on it????? Will give it back if you are in dire need.

Must go now and do my bit for the day. I'll be thinking of everyone today. Have a good af day/night
                Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nestlings. ..I hope that you're all having a great day. Well, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that after an agonizing hour and a half on the phone with at&t, my problem is still not fixed. The good news is that we have identified the problem.
                  Somewhere between my humble abode, a router is down. I'm supposed to wait it out for another couple of days to see if it gets repaired. If not, att will ask the company to repair it. What a pain this has been, but I'll be back in full force soon!

P.s.
                  What I meant to say was that somewhere between my humble abode &MWO....ranged little phone keyboard!

Comment

Newbies Nest

And of course, what I meant to say in my postscript was "danged "...but my Droid doesn't recognize that as a word and helpfully inserted a substitute!

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;860765 wrote: And of course, what I meant to say in my postscript was "danged "...but my Droid doesn't recognize that as a word and helpfully inserted a substitute!
                      :H Censored!

Well, I'm back and in one piece, so is Atlas, and the trailer... Hah! I did it! :H Had an awesome riding lesson, everything went super smooth, Atlas hopped on and off on command (wish Sophie was that easy) - all in all a super day! And now I'm starved and pooped! Gonna raid the fridge - back laters!

Thanks for all your well wishes - worked like a charm!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi to all my fellow nestlings!! Another busy week for me so I'll be checking in sporadically.
                        Sunni-glad to hear the horsies are doing well and that your lesson was good. Still pinging for Sophie to recover quickly.

SomeoneElse-yep, we will continue to make mistakes but each time you'll be more aware of the trigger and be able to plan for it the next time.

Tranq was here a couple of days ago Maz-sounded real good. Haven't heard from Molls in a while YOu out there MollyB?

Nora and MB-hope your doing OK in your velcro suits and out of them too. Don't be strangers OK?

Have a good nite all!!
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick pop in to say goodnight. Will catch up with everyone tomorrow. Been doing a lot of soul searching. Working on my lists. Posted my 'What I hate about alcohol' on my journal but still need to come up with my plan. Will work on that tomorrow.
                          All tucked in on my twig. Night light is on. Night all.................:l
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Everyone! Have been lurking a bit, thanks for asking after me Papm and Mazzie. Definitely tail between my legs but seriously back up and running now. Day 14 and feeling very strong and committed.

Was away for the weekend in Galway and had a brilliant time - lovely thing about not drinking when away is husband does things on my agenda - no 2-3 hours in the pub etc. He is in AWE of people who don't drink I think ( even though he is not much of a boozer at all!).

Sunshine, I envy you all the horsey stuff, when I was a little girl I was in boarding school with girls from the country and they all seem to have their own horses and I was soooo jealous, I was a real towny kid.

SomeoneElse, I too find the trigger for me is stress and anxiety rather than wanting to 'have a good time', even to be aware of that is a major step forward - well done!

Hi Nora, Fennel, Mama, Coco, Tant, Lav an Tranq are you around?!
                            I'm on hols for the next 2 weeks so will be around a bit to bore you all!
                            Happy day and will check in later
                            Molly
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning gang....still in velcro, but it's itchy!!!
                              I am just plain tired and in desperate need of a vacation, but no time or money for that now....
                              On Day 3 and hanging tough......
                              at work, will check in later
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, All!

Just a quickie this morning - but I read the It's Written All over Your Face thread yesterday and this is my new motivation! For the more vain among us, apparently one of the benefits of being AF for a couple of months is a great improvement in the appearance of the face - not only the skin texture but also bags, wrinkles and other hideosities.** "Like getting a facelift." Man, I'm in for that alone!!

**yes, I did make this word up!!

Back later, duckies!
                                Coco

Comment

Working...
                                X