Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Runningwind says she will be back soon and she loves us....depression is a bitch and I am proud of her for seeking help....we talked about it for a long time one night and I hope I convinced her that she is not crazy and sometimes life is just bigger than us and to please seek medical help.....so I am glad she is
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

:lSunshine, I'm so sorry to hear about all the sad things that have been happening!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day one

I am once again in that same shape. Shaky, depressed and generally feeling lousy. I don't think moderation works for me. I can do it a while. But then it always slips out of control. I tried this program in the Fall with the intent to moderate. And things were going pretty well. Went 30 days AF and then tried to mod. Here I am six months later, hungover, and feeling so ashamed. This is one monster I just can't beat!
        So even though I have tried this program before and failed because I don't stick with it, I am back and :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Prancy,
          Glad to have you here. Stick close and let us know how you're doing.
          :h
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi prancy I too tried to mod w/o success. I am now AF. For me, and it appears so many others AF is our only option. Give it a go again. You know there is plenty of support here. So welcome again and I wish you all the best. Give it hell prancy and keep posting!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back Prancy, at least when we know we can't moderate it leaves the only alternative, its nearly a relief to know there is no choice!
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

I wish I could get it through MY head...I just find it frustrating to think of total abs but the alternative - what I have been doing - sucks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK Nora. I consider myself told off..... X
                  Prancy welcome back. Its good that you knew where to come when you needed to. No shame in coming back, be proud of yourself for asking for help.
                  Someone - I'm with you. Total Abs does suck however you are right - the alternative is worse...... I am still trying to get that thru my thick head even fours months down the track!
                  Sunshine - thinking of you and sending you love and strength. Take care and visit us when you need to.
                  HC
                  I finally got it!
                  "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

someone_else you can do this. If I can anybody can. A six pack of beer was like a hors dourves for me. Then onto the main course which could be ugly. Yes, there were days when I could have three beers or two glasses of wine. One thing for sure those days ALWAYS led up to a drinkfest. The result was borderline alcohol poisoning, guilt, shame & and the ongoing pledge that I'm never going to do that again. BULLSHIT! I did this on and of for years. I'm finally off that ride and loving it. Give it a try. I FINALLY have come to grips with the fact that I cannot drink alcohol anymore. Hope this help you. Techie
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunshine. .. I'm so sorry. I'm thinking of you. ((((Sunshine ))))

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nora, I think you're right. I'll come after those darned techies with my taco truck and make "tech "tacos out of them! They'll probably be a bit on the "greezy " side, but what the heck. ..

Comment

Newbies Nest

Seriously Fennel - tell them the whole Gato gang are on there way. That should scare them!!! I'm really tired of not having my Fennel time. :H It seems like everyone is busy and I'm tired of it, you hear?!?!:damn::bat:gramps:
                          Did I scare anybody? :H Didn't think so.
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;862434 wrote: Nora, I think you're right. I'll come after those darned techies with my taco truck and make "tech "tacos out of them! They'll probably be a bit on the "greezy " side, but what the heck. ..
                            I BEG YOUR PARDON!?!

Comment

Newbies Nest

But never you Techie.Never you! :H:H:H
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

OH THANKS YOU GUYS HAD ME SCARED THERE FOR A MOMENT

Comment

Working...
                                X