Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Pauly, that's a good one, Don't drink-its gross. Haha, yes it is Gross. I mean the first drink is glorious and then it is a steep slide into grossness. If only any one of us could stop at one drink. One drink? What's the point? That is what I always thought.
    Life, you are doing so well. Keep coming here, I am glad posting everyday is helping you. It gets easier for sure.Thank you for the well wishes for my weekend.

It sure is nice Pav, NS, Ava, G, everyone, not to be stuck in that battle of trying to moderate. I remember being consumed by regret and shame while trying to moderate everytime I drank. I failed over and over but still kept drinking.

Well, it is Saturday and I am going to have my coffee, hang out with my doggies, go for a nice walk and go to the community craft show. I know lots of people there so it will be nice to see everyone again, plus I might buy some crafty thing.

Have a good one and don't drink today- it's gross
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi, All:

LC, it sounds like you're using the tools I know. I would say keep posting here and have in mind a phone call/email friend you can connect to in a hurry if you're feeling like drinking. Commit to doing that BEFORE you drink. I once emailed from a bathroom at a beer garden where I found myself stuck without a ride - it was VERY helpful to get some responses right away. And self care - gym, good food, warm baths, bad TV, ice cream - whatever you need except booze. You sound like you're right on top of it, however. Whoot!

I get lazy with my food, too, Pauly. My promise to myself is to make some good food tomorrow that I can heat up and/or make at work for lunches. Otherwise I tend to go with burritos, grilled cheese and salami sandwiches...

Wags - bad TV is one of my Friday night indulgences. I watched the Great British Baking Show last night. I don't consider it bad TV actually, just not the arty TV that other folks are watching these days. I LOVE how nice they are to each other, and I love watching the creativity.

On my way to work for a bit, and then hang with the family. A pretty low-key weekend ahead and I am THRILLED.

Happy SOBER Saturday. Oh, and don't drink. It's gross.

Pav

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Woke up to a brisk 32 degrees this morning. Grateful the heater was fixed yesterday just in time, haha!

Wags, I’m feeling a bit brain dead myself & I know it’s due to allergies. Other than taking Zyrtec 2x/day as instructed bt the allergist there’s not much else I can do but wait it out. Hope youhad a good day.

LC, the guys were on a boat about 14 miles off the coast of Gloucester, MA. I just saw a picture of the 400 lb 85”long tuna my son latched on to but had to release. Apparently they can’t take anything that big, they’re considered Breeding fish. So if your bluefin tuna is 68” or larger you have to toss it back, LOL. Wth would anyone do with a fish that big anyway???

Hi to Pauly, Pav, Narilly, Byrdie & everyone checking in later.
        Wishing a safe night in the nest for all.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all,

One long weekend day of work down, one to go! Tomorrow will be a doozy with 5 sessions plus taking my dad grocery shopping. I could not possibly live this life if I were drinking even the slightest bit. But I don't drink - it's gross!

Pav, thanks for the tv show suggestion - I've been meaning to check that one out!

Any other good ones anyone can recommend???

I might not check in tomorrow but will be sure to stop by the next Monday for sure.

Hope you all are having fab sober weekends yourselves.
          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Originally posted by wagmor View Post
            I could not possibly live this life if I were drinking even the slightest bit.
            That idea crosses my mind pretty often, Wags. Look at all we'd be missing!!!

Comment

Morning nesters, Lav I know part of my fried brain is allergies too Narilly,to me the first drink isn't that great,I start sneezing immediately then just get tired so when I've drank I'd do it fast to get past the sleepiness cuz I'd get pepped up when drunk so no,not one drink would be good for me,Pav,no tv recommend from me cuz I watch "trash tv" if there's not arguing and it's not "reality" based I'm out I am watching reruns of "House" tho cuz I was a drunk when it aired the first go around so now it's like a whole new series to me,waves to all and have a great day!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Checking in on this SOBER Sunday.

I have exercise, house cleaning and cooking on the docket today. Sounds pretty good.

Pav

Comment

Happy UnHung Sunday!

Wags, I love Peaky Blinders, Homeland, this is Us, Blood Money, Blood Line. These are definitely in my top 10 of show on Netflix.

I am going to enjoy the heck outta this day. It’s a beautiful one. Now for some coffee.

Xo Nar

Don’t drink today, it’s gross
                  Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                  "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi Nesters,

Late check in for me on this lovely Sunday evening..
                    Just had my 4 besties over for coffee and cake, to meet my mom. They'd last seen her when my youngest daughter was born, almost 15 years ago. I was a bit nervous because our group dynamic (we hung out as a group, always!, for about 12 years) has weakened/changed a bit the past couple of years.. with all of us changing/growing older, with my alcohol issues, etc, we've grown apart some. This is the second time in 2 months that we've all been together and it was soooo nice. It seems some wounds have healed.. and it's also nice to be at someones home instead of out at a restaurant, where acoustics are often bad, we don't have as much time, etc.
                    So, all good.

Sounds like everyone has pretty relaxing plans for the weekend.. except you, Wags.. but as you've often mentioned, it's also nice to have time off during the week when the rest if the world is working! My mom turned me on to the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.. which I find hilarious. But it's amazon and I hate them. So let's see if I continue.. I really liked The Queer Eye.. gosh, I can't remember what else. Marshall was a film we liked about Thurgood Marshall..

Lav, that was a crazy big tuna your son got a hold of.. yes, thank goodness they had to let it go. Can you imagine? You'd have to buy 3 new freezers to store it!

Hope everyone has a good start to the week.. for us it's back to school after a 2 week break and I'm already hearing moans and groans!
                    big hugs..xx

Comment

Good morning. Feeling pissy today. All par for the course.

Pauly, the keto diet really, really helped me not want alcohol, primarily because I didn't need the sugar fix. I was modified keto though, because I couldn't handle NO carbs. I think it's worth trying - because it stabilized my blood sugar so well. It may not be a long term diet though...

Ava, to be clear, I was fully on board with the alcoholic title and acceptance until a couple of people admitted they felt my consumption didn't "qualify" (or that I was minimizing or lying about it), so where does that leave me if I was telling the truth? In my own personal "in between". I know how alcohol made me feel, but it was people here who made me question "the extent" of my issue, it was not self-originated. I expected that from my husband, but when other experts who are your strongest supporters wonder, it takes a lot of self-searching to choose my own path while fighting the questioning. I have not been able to shake the feeling now that my situation was not really that bad - which makes me feel sometimes that drinking again wouldn't be that big of a deal. My life IS better without alcohol, that I know - and that I cling to as much as I can.

LC, I love Queer Eye. It's a favorite in our house! Finding a few new ones as autumn arrives and loving it!

Cooking up a storm here - sweet potato hash and balsamic reduction with maple bacon... YUM on a chilly, windy fall day! Hope everyone has a strong one.
                      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Morning nesters

LC, i think as we grow older the dynamics of our whole life change especially without al. What i used to love to do pissed, i dont do anymore, like pass out. My advice to you is to just not drink. No matter how sad you are, how down you are, how happy you are, the only thing you do every day is not drink. The rest will fall into place in time. Its lovely that you have had such a nice time with your mum.

Pauly, i have started Happy Hormones, vitamins and supps and a total change in diet. This menopause is doing my head in so i need to work on my insides. vegetable juice every day which is more like a blended meal in a cup, ha ha. its doable so i wont complain. Giving up coffee for 8 weeks will be my struggle but i have only a morning cup now anyways. chamomile tea is my new go to.

Kensho, how much you drank is not of any concern to me and im sure other members have more worries other than how much you drank. If they did question it would be more about being honest within ourselves to fully gain acceptance and mind peace. It is a journey to realise this, like sobriety in itself is and i found this more in my 2nd year. We are here as a support group to help people and what we choose to comment on involves everyone on the nest. Everything we do is our own choice and our own making. I know being nearly 6 years sober that i could not have done it without the support of MWO. There is still a lot of healing to do after a year of sobriety. Im up to my 6th and still healing from what al did to me and others around me. I will still listen and learn from others on here who have shown me the way. I am still growing into this life albeit that it is my life now.

Had a lovely weekend, my daughter came over and i bought us all matching overalls for xmas day. red checked flannelette and so comfy. i bought a desk to put together and it may have taken us 3 hours +++ but we had the best laugh and time doing it. Its the small things in life. She also got her birthday present which was a few weeks late. Good thing i now have money to pay for this instead of drinking and smoking it.

Well best get to the salt mines and start the day.

Take care xx
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
                          I was fully on board with the alcoholic title and acceptance until a couple of people admitted they felt my consumption didn't "qualify" (or that I was minimizing or lying about it), so where does that leave me if I was telling the truth? In my own personal "in between". I know how alcohol made me feel
                          Hola friends from over here. 'Tis monday morning and happy to report that the earth is still revolving.

Friend Kensho. One thing i know from my time on this revolving, beautiful, mystifying planet is that if booze is a problem for me, then it is a problem. Only i can know this. What other people think is none of my business. Remember former member on the Army thread 'One to many'? She used to drink maybe a shot or 2 of vodka once a week on a saturday night. That was it! It was a HUGE problem and issue for her. So eventually she stopped. I recall it wasn't real easy either. For her, it impacted on her happiness, how she interacted with her kids, husband, and the world. So! If my drinking is a problem for me, then it is a problem. That is all. :happy2:

What a fab weekend of music and people here. Connection! That's what life's about.

Nice one LC!

Hope things go smoothly with your classes Wags.

Narilly, hope u had a beaut weekend in the sun.

No gross activity to speak of here. At least not including booze.

Big hello to evabody.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

[MENTION=20476]KENSHO[/MENTION]: yes, your situation was that bad. If you’re hiding bottles and sneaking drinks —it’s bad!!
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good evening Nesters from an extra grateful Lav. Grateful to NOT have 400 lbs of tuna in my freezer, Haha!!!
                              The guys got home this afternoon, tired but pleased with their fish-less fishing trip

Quiet & rainy all day here. I can see mud puddles in the chicken yard so they’ll be a real mess by tomorrow. Glad we’re finally getting some moisture here, it had gotten extremely dry. Perfect fire conditions actually!

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thank you G, Ava, Slo. I think it’s the AV voice just trying to weasel back in. I need to spend some time remembering - I’m painful détail - how miserable I was. Nothing anyone can say will change my truth... I hated being a drinker. It’s scary how fast thinking can shift. Mine has drifted like the fall leaves lately. Time to build up the reinforcement.

Night night.
                                Last edited by KENSHO; October 20, 2019, 11:15 PM.
                                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X