Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

LC, I can relate to your frustration re: your credit card company. I've been dealing with Verizon, Comcast, my job benefits, and on and on for the last couple days. It can all be so confusing and this business with chatting with what must be a bot online to solve problems is for the birds. I sat down to knit and relax and promptly made a big mistake, making it so I had to tear out several completed rows. To not make the day a total loss, I decided to give my local stores the chance to give me the immediate satisfaction of an item I otherwise need to order. Well 4 stores and several miles later, Amazon here I come. Days like today used to do me in when I was trying unsuccessfully to quit. I'm glad tomorrow isn't going to be yet another day 1.

Your idea of a road trip sounds like a blast! I would love to be one of your stops on your way west :smile:.

I'm so glad you're feeling this, Mr G:
    mind peace has taken over to a large degree despite what life dishes out.
    PRICELESS!

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Not too bad here today, rain moving in for tomorrow & part of the weekend. Better than snow I guess

LC, if you choose to fly into Philadelphia or Baltimore - I live right between the two & of course you are welcome
      The party sounds great & people can come & go so you don’t get overcrowded. An open house sort of thing works great. I’ll bet everything will be as tasty as it sounds.
      Music? I listen to all kinds, just depends on the mood of the day, Lol

NS, I know what you mean, some days make you wonder why you bothered getting up. I walked away from a planned embroidery project today after messing up twice. Oh well, tomorrow is another day, right?

Hello to Byrdie, Pav, G, Kensho & everyone. Hope everyone had a great day!

Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Checking in safe and sound! Had a craving today as I was walking past a few restaurants. Felt weak for a moment and wanted to just drink. Start over tomorrow. Just get the wine and drink it.
        But no! Alcohol tried to kill me. I had to play the tape- what happens if I drink wine- I will drink more wine- I will not be a good time- I will get drunk- boom it’s 3am and I hate myself.
        So, no I did not drink! I hate that I fight with it. I know better, it’s so twisty and conniving!

Also- please listen to the podcast Addiction Unlimited. I didn’t like the first episode but I kept listening and it is really helping me. I listen every day on the way to and from work. Maybe it will help you too!! Xoxo
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Happy Thu eve/Fri morning everyone, depending on whereabouts you are. I'm in the last 2-3 days of heavy schedule before the test Monday and am meeting myself coming and going. Not drinking though, so it's all good.

LC - sounds like a lovely gathering for your daughter and her friends. Be sure to let us know if your US road trip actually transpires - we've probably got you covered on quite a few states.

Kensho and Pav - sorry to hear about the rough dreams but glad they were just dreams. Hope you both have less stress soon and that you get good nights of sleep.

Byrdie - one more week until T-day and hopefully a long weekend for you

Ok nesters, have great nights and days tucked in tight here. No tickets to boozeville coming up for anyone!
          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

hi Nesters,
            quick morning check in.. TGIF!
            Thanks for the positive vibes with regards to my road trip!!:congratulatory: I'm thinking end of September.. Gman, that would be awesome! Loved the bit about the reprogramming.. you're sounding so good. Pav, wishing you luck with the personnel problems.. I can imagine it's quite complicated, managing many adults. Oy vey!
            Thanks for that, NS.. I was actually in tears last night when I finally got in touch with someone and then found out the charges were, "administrative charges for traffic violations" we supposedly got in Italy.. they have no idea what the violations were and said I will get something per post.. I find it difficult when things like this happen and realize that I can do my life well as long as no extras come in to play!:happy2: Doesn't matter. It goes like it goes and I'll continue to try and keep everything in perspective!
            Nursie, well done on playing it through!! Wags, strength for the last days!
            Lav, HI!!
            Ok. Off to work.. See you all later. Have a good Friday!!xx
            Last edited by lifechange; November 22, 2019, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Quick check in as I just received a call about something off at work so I have to rush out.

Mr. G you sound GREAT. Thanks for the good vibes to start the day.

TGIF. No tickets to Boozeville, and I'm feeling fine.

Pav

Comment

Living sober is Badass
                Drinking is Gross
                Love this place
                That is all
                Onward

Comment

I am so embarrassed to keep coming and going from the nest. I finally removed all the alcohol from the house. Day 1 again. We have to recycle glass separately now and have to take all glass to big purple dumpsters that the county provides in various locations. With great joy I dropped 2 bottles into the dumpster. The best part was hearing the glass shatter as it hit bottom. Speaking of hitting bottom, I have not been drinking much, but have been doing so on a daily basis. My son's legal situation that seemed to be on hold might be coming to a head. He is not in a good place emotionally and husband and I took an impromptu trip to see him last week. We will be going again tomorrow for a fashion show that he will be showing a couple of things that he designed. We will spend the night and have him stay with us at the hotel. And then there is daughter...she and boyfriend broke up, so there was that drama, but oddly they still see each other every day. We are working with a psychiatrist to find a medication to treat her extreme anxiety. It did not help that there was a shooter threat at her high school yesterday.

So I am at rock bottom emotionally and really feel so hopeless.

I keep feeling like drinking small amounts to 'take the edge off'. But I so know where that goes. I just cannot find a 'go to' at the time of evening when I get so wound up. tonight I hope to go to a yoga class during the witching hour. unless another situation arises. I am feeling like when things get bad...they can and do get worse. Honestly this life is killing me. I need to vent somewhere somewhat anonymously and that is what I'm doing here. as much as I am hating my life right now, I do not want to drink myself to death.

So getting up...brushing off, and trying again. One day at a time. One hour at a time, and sometimes one minute at a time.
                  BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Don't be embarrassed, @BelleGirl. Most of us had many, many day 1s and felt as mystified and frustrated as you are. I tried taking little 'nips', too, -straight from the box. But they became gulps and eventually who knows how much I drank. I think I liked the boxes because they were cheap and no one, including I, could really tell how much was consumed. I remember how I felt as the box got lighter and lighter, though, until finally I would rip out the plastic bag and suck out those last drips. I was ashamed then and now, writing it out, but I'm also grateful to be done with that really abnormal, destructive behavior.

Maybe when you feel like drinking, you could come post here or send a text message to a friend. Most of us are tethered to our dang phones so that might get you an immediate response, which can really help. For me, knowing that I had promised to post or contact a sober buddy often was enough to stop me. I had broken promises to myself over and over and knew that I had to be honest to get past this. I was able to offer that to all of you more than to myself for awhile. Eventually you'll be able to count on yourself again and that feels really good.

I'm sorry both of your kids are struggling. That is harder than our own pain. But being there for them 100% is the best thing you can do for them right now.

Hang in there. xx, NS
                    Last edited by NoSugar; November 22, 2019, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Morning nesters

Woke at 5am on a Saturday, now who does that but its a joy to wake up sober after all of these years.

Belle, the good news is your teenagers will grow into beautiful adults eventually. You are a good mum and are a great support, you can only do so much. The most important thing is to take care of YOU. When i stopped drinking the witching hour was the worst but either i got into my pjs so i could not leave the house to buy al or i put my walking shoes on and walked (avoiding the bottlo's of course). I took no money and just walked trying to appreciate what i saw, didnt work very well i must say. Post on here religiously, being accountable is a top priority. For nearly 6 years Pav and i have been on MWO, even if i dont post, i always read. There has been an amazing amount of people come and go so dont be one of those people. keep posting, we are here for you.

Pav, not long to the thanksgiving massacre! Thank god those days are long gone.

Wags, glad you made it through your busy days, hope you manage some time off over xmas.

Pauly did you look at the supps? I must say they have changed my life completely.

Mr V lovely to see you pop in and yes life sober even with its ups and downs is so much easier to do.

Well its nearly 7am so time for a walk, bit chilly outside and carl is sleeping. hes not a morning person bless him but he will jump up when i say that walk word. Hard to think he will be a year old at the end of December.

Take care x
                      Last edited by available; November 22, 2019, 03:01 PM.
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hello. I'm just checking in after a very long time off (so almost a newbie.) Last post was almost 2 years ago. I'd like to start checking in more often. It's been an up/down last 2 years. In the past I met a LOT of great people here, and I'm' hoping to do that again. Thank you.

Comment

Hi Mashed Potatoes settle in and stay awhile! Ava, I did look into them thank you,the link was for Australia but as soon as I left that page of course I got the American site ads on fb and Instagram, little spies our phones are,just trying to decide which I wanna order first,Belle,I posted the other day how important it is to stay here and read,post, whatever regardless of if you're drinking or not,never know what's gonna click and push someone to make a change,I've been reading but not posting much the past few days just cuz my life is boring right now BUT no news is good news these days haha, Christmas music in every store today and I wanted to choke someone but didn't,just feels like it's coming so fast I feel overwhelmed and a bit sad but I always get like that at the end of the year,waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Just for something different I made pumpkin oat waffles for dinner & topped them with an apple compote, Yum
                            Any dairy & gluten free meal makes me happy, haha!

Hello & welcome mashed potatoes, glad you’re here. Settle in & make yourself a good plan for success. The Tool box os full of great ideas.

Belle, glad to see you & I have to agree that taking care of yourself now will out you in a much better place to help your kids. Get a good solid AF week under your belt & things will be much clearer, honestly. Check in daily, it helped me & still helps me after nearly11 years!!

Pauly, turn your hearing off in the stores so you don’t choke anyone, Lol. The Christmas season starts way too early for all of us

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Checking in but I’ve got no gas left in the tank, I’m beat It’s only a Friday, not a ticket to BoozeVille. Hugs to all, Byrdie.
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good Morning!

So good to see you, Belle. Your post reminded me of something someone sent me when I first quit. I am not saying you are making excuses, but when I quit I was trying to find a WHY. I was anxious, I had a rough job, teenagers, aging parents, etc. All of those were reasons I gave myself to keep drinking. I never went to AA for a number of reasons, but this hit home for me:

"But you don't understand!" we spluttered, trying to cover up. "I'm different! I've really got it rough!" We used these lines over and over in our active addiction, either trying to escape the consequences of our actions or avoid following the rules that applied to everyone else. We may have cried them at our first meeting. Perhaps we've even caught ourselves whining them recently.

So many of us feel different or unique. As addicts, we can use almost anything to alienate ourselves. But there's no excuse for missing out on recovery, nothing that can make us ineligible for the program- not a life-threatening illness, not poverty, not anything. There are thousands of addicts who have found recovery despite the real hardships they've faced. Through working the program, their spiritual awareness has grown, in spite of-or perhaps in response to those hardships.

Our individual circumstances and differences are irrelevant when it comes to recovery. By letting go of our uniqueness and surrendering to this simple way of life, we're bound to find that we feel a part of something. And feeling a part of something gives us the strength to walk through life, hardships and all.

Just for Today: I will let go of my uniqueness and embrace the principles of recovery I have in common with so many others. My hardships do not exclude me from recovery; rather, they draw me into it.

Like Lav, can also attest that clarity will help you deal with ALL of the considerable amount you have on your plate. Nothing worse than seeing your kids suffer.

Pauly, you sound like me. I really hate hearing Christmas music too early. This year it was the day after Halloween here! I'm trying to ease into it and not fight against it this year. It is coming whether I like it or not! My son came home from college for the week, so that is a plus!

Take care of yourself today, Byrdie!

Happy SOBER Saturday,
                                Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X