• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Congratulations on one year Fin!!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

CONGRATS Fin on your 1 year AF :welldone:
      Glad you stopped by to share the news!

Hello to everyone. I had a half decent day running around, picking up a few gifts, chicken feed, all the necessities, LOL
      Looks & feels like winter around here.

Moffit, Congrats to you on your 25 AF days :yay:
      Keep going, you’ll love the results.

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Dyson WAGS? We need a vacuum too, and we never invest - but then it never lasts. Tell me it's Dyson and that you love it!

G - I might frame your badass mantra - you really know how to build someone up! I went to the bourbon and bacon event and had to tell someone I don't drink. He said, "good for you... more for me". It was a great networking thing. I used to drink for social anxiety (among other reasons), and tonight I was able to talk freely and easily with people - probably because G made me feel like a badass earlier today.

FIN!!! Way to go! I'm so happy you get to live alcohol free. How is parenting? Glad you're enjoying the ride my friend!

Narily, enjoy your massage?

I don't need alcohol. All it caused was pain and frustration for me. Life is so much better without it. I truly hope everyone here will experience how I feel free and at peace.

Night night!
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Afternoon nesters

Wags i am so happy about your new vacuum, its the small things in life ha ha

Moffit, 25 days, a great achievement, keep up the great work. One day at a time is all we can do.

Where are you Belle and LC. Being accountable each and every day might seem like a chore but builds those sober muscles.

Fin, so happy to see you have finally gotten it, when we do get it we wonder why we ever resisted becoming sober. A huge congratulations.

Sorry to hear about your job loss Nar, you can come and work for me, offer is still open.

Pauly maybe you stick your toes in the water and see if there are any decent jobs out there. I am incredibly happy with my job and glad i had the confidence to move on.

went back to podiatrist about my shin splints and going to get my special shoes now, it seems the heel lifts and innersoles arent fixing things.. i wont give up on that one. Hopefully they work or will be added to my collection of 6 pairs of runners that i dont wear. love my walks with carl even though he is a maniac when i get home until he konks out.

Mums birthday this weekend and we were going down but she is sick and doesnt want me to catch the lurgy as she calls it so will head down next weekend for xmas/birthday celebrations. i may even get stuck into starting the clean on the garage.

take care, im off to aldi before school finishes and its a nightmare. xx
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi Nesters,

I'm here! I've just had a crazy couple of days and internet problems on top of that. I just had a look at the box and figured out I'd plugged something in wrong after the cats knocked it off the shelf. Because mine was out, my computer was hooking up to my neighbors.. the things we learn! If it hadn't been working this morning, my plan was to text NS to let her and all of you know that I haven't dissapeared..

Fin, big congrats on 1 year!
            Moffit, Very well done on 25 days! You're sounding strong in your quit..
            You, too, Nursie! A corner has been rounded in your mind.

Belle, check in and let us know how you are. Even if you haven't figured it all out yet and are drinking and need help. That's what this place is for, as you know. I've made the mistake so many times of staying away because I was ashamed, embarrased, whatever.. but this Nest will support you no matter what. We ALL KNOW how hard it can be.:hug:

Kensho, well done with the party.. I loved G's response to you. I totally agree, badass! Looking forward to celebrating your 2 year anniversary with you..:love: I'm guessing Miele on Wag's new vacuum!

Love and hugs to all of you! Running to work but will check in again Saturday morning. xx
            Last edited by lifechange; December 6, 2019, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Sorry the Sinclair method didn’t work for you. For some it has its down side. But wearing a med bracelet is something I didn’t know. I wear a ID tag because I have type 1 diabetes.

My son tried and camprel and topamax. He wasn’t good at taking meds responsibility. At a court hearing the judge gave him a choice ti take Vivitrol injections ot 6 months in jail. He took 6 months because he doesn’t believe in meds for preventing cravings. The first week he did well once out of jail. Then the brain began to nag at him and all the cravings took over.

Narilly.. good luck with finding your dream job. When one door closes another door opens.

Belle and Nursie so proud of how well your doing. Sending encouraging Blessings your way and asking that higher power whoever you beleive in to take the cravings away.

Lav great message....
              "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. " by Winston Churchill .

Comment

Good Morning, Nest:

Ava - this sums it up so well -
                Originally posted by available View Post
                ... when we do get it we wonder why we ever resisted becoming sober.
                I can't believe I was afraid of feeling free and healthy again.

Fin - Congratulations on one year, and thanks for dropping in to let us know how you are. I'm glad AA worked for you - everyone needs his or her own way out, but a sober community is key for sure.

We're going to have a huge rainstorm here today - we need it for sure! But I have to drive for a work thing that is not mandatory but is mandatory. I am so irritated at whoever planned it so far away. I actually may just skip it and take the consequences depending on how bad the rain is.

Happy Sober Friday - no tickets to Boozeville here. Just a long drive in a rainstorm...

xo
                Pav

Comment

PAV, congrats on the rain - you guys really DO need it!! Hope it doesn't cramp your day too much.

LC, I knew Meile makes great appliances - didn't know about vacuums!

I tried Naltrexone. Like when I took prozac many years ago, it made me feel very flat. Kind of "nothing". Because of that, it was not a good choice for me. I have come to rather enjoy "dealing" with the bad, and reveling in the good. Not sure if it has that effect on everyone, but it did for me.

Its a foggy morning and feels cozy. Like being hugged by nature. I am lucky enough to get a spa treatment this afternoon, provided by a vendor I work with. They like to wine and dine the designers so we keep giving them fat orders. I stayed up a little the last two nights to complete my work so I can go and enjoy. Looking forward to it.

AVA, I also love your statement above!

Good vibes to everyone - have a great day!
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the support! Day 27! Yippee!
                    Shades, the medic alert ID is so first responders don't inadvertently give you too much morphine for pain, because naltrexone blocks it.

So, Christmas season is upon us and I have quite a few occasions to attend...a little worried about keeping my quit. I'm doing well so far, however, I haven't been around AL either. I haven't kept liquor in my house since forever and any social occasions have been for morning coffee meet ups. I'm starting to stress a little.

Happy Friday Everyone!
                    Last edited by Moffit; December 6, 2019, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Happy Friday, everyone.
                      Found myself with a few minutes while I wait for someone to get me some information so I can complete 3 quotes. Hit a bit of a snag yesterday on the big deal I'm working on, they said our legal department didn't follow 'redline protocol'. Jiminy Crickets, I've heard everything now.

My new half brother called this morning, he finally mustered the courage to tell his sister that they were only half siblings. He explained that their mother had apparently had a long standing affair with the doctor (their mother's boss) and that the doctor also had an affair with my mother and had at least 2 kids with her. I told him that the consequences of actions has a lot of ripples, much like a rock in a body of water. My drinking was that way, too. I didn't think I was hurting anyone but myself, but I couldn't have been wronger (as we say in the South). Those ripples extend out to a lot of people. I'm so glad I'm not having that negative effect on the people I love now. Actions have consequences. We have a choice, I'm so glad that I stopped fighting that losing battle with AL. It is freedom. I am finally at peace with AL and it feels better than any drink did.

It's only Friday, not a ticket to BoozeVille! Ho ho hope everyone has a peaceful evening! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

No fighting here either Byrdie, I know now that I would never win.
                        I am enjoying my peace & quiet (occasionally interrupted by 3 grandkids) haha!!

Moffit, don’t worry about the holiday ~ Plan for success!!!!
                        Make sure you are late & leave the parties early, bring your own AF drinks, drive yourself so yuo don’t have to depend on anyone, etc

Hello to kensho, Pav,, Shades, G & everyone.

Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Great quote Ava.

Thanks Shades. Yes, I hope my next job doesn’t suck, lol. I am sure it will be better than the last.
                          You went through so much with your son, xo

Moffit, there is nothing wrong with missing some special events if you are feeling vulnerable. In My first year of sobriety I missed a whole bunch of events because I was not strong enough in my quit. Good on you for taking the bull by the horns.

Byrdie, the story about the Doctor impregnating all of these women (your mom included) is just crazy. It could be a book.its unbelievable.
                          Yup, no ticket to Boozeville here.

Hi Lav!

Have a goodnight everyone and don’t drink tonight.
                          Xo
                          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Just dropped by to let you all know I am always thinking of you
                            Love and hugs
                            Shades
                            "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. " by Winston Churchill .

Comment

LC is right - we bought a Miele vacuum, and it's pretty fantastic! I'm not sure I'll ever say that chore is fun but this machine is so well-designed/user-friendly and effective that at least it isn't extra labor to use. With our old vacuum it was almost like getting a workout, and our house isn't even very big. 5 stars, highly recommend!

Pav - did you drive or stay home? Either way hope you're safe and sound, snug at home for the weekend (or maybe out hiking in the rain? I always kind of enjoy that as long as I'm not also camping in it). We're getting big rain right now as well - not sure if it's the same storm hitting the whole west coast or if ours is different than the CA rain.

Byrdie - hope those quotes turn into sales and that the big deal gets un-snagged easily.

Moffit - now is definitely the time to plan in advance for those holiday events. You'll be fine and can ring in the new year sober and with almost 3 more weeks into your quit but it's wise to anticipate the temptations or challenges and sharpen your tools accordingly.

On my end just chugging along with a moderate work load that should stay steady through the holidays and then will probably pick up again. Feeling happy and grateful I can finally make a decent living and also have time to enjoy life. I try to spend a few moments every day appreciating the business I've built, acknowledging the work I've put into getting here and also making sure I don't rest on my laurels or take things for granted. Kind of like I do with my quit. I find that both my work and my quit are like tending a garden. I'm to the point where I'm reaping the rewards of the early work, harvesting the beautiful and tasty things that come with a well tended garden, but I also am mindful that I must regularly weed, fertilize, water, etc or things can go bad really fast.

With that in mind, I'm off to take care of some carrots...errr.....students

Have great weekends everyone!
                              Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi everybody,
                                This week has been a rodeo...up and down, work was crazy, doggie sick, daughter dealing with issues, boyfriend hospitalized...blah blah. I never opened my computer till this morning. I just really cannot check in from my phone.

It hasn't been the best week, but I think I have finally gotten my head in the game. it just wasn't there before and I could hardly care what happened to me, drinking or not. I went for a long walk in the cold last night...fortunately it was not windy. I think I have finally pulled myself together and WANT to life the AF life....not because I HAVE to but because I WANT to.

I am calling today the first day of my new AF life that I WANT. Isn't it Pearl Harbor day?? Bomb the AL!! I enjoyed tossing a bunch of bottles in the glass recycling yesterday (not all booze, but such a satisfying crash of glass when it hits bottom).

Keep up the good work and examples, everyone. I WANT this.
                                BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Working...
                                X