Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Well, I am sitting here in my bed reading your wonderful posts. Banff is wonderful. We went to the Starwars movie tonight and then ice cream. After that we went into the hot tub and sauna. How relaxing. It is supposed to snow about 20 cms tonight so tomorrow will be a beautiful day here. My son and hubby are going snowboarding while me and my daughter are going for a hike in the snow and then eating and shopping. Yay!

I love that Ava, saying I began. That really is true for all of us and it is beautiful.

Way to go Nursie on calling the restaurant. No use carrying all that guilt on your shoulders. People are usually very understanding about these things.

Belle, big hug from me, don’t drink tonight.

Goodnight friends xo.
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Nar send the snow, its 45 degrees celcius here and my poor vege garden is not looking happy, nor my worm farm for that matter. might go and find some air conditioning
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Morning nesters, Kensho I think the sweater is awesome! Very creative Ava, that heat sounds unbearable, we get hot here but don't have the humidity so it's not that bad to deal with, Lav glad you had a nice birthday, woke up with a splitting headache but I think it's from not drinking as much caffeine yesterday as I usually do, that's what it feels like or just dehydrated from sleeping, hope it goes away headaches annoy me! Nursie you're sounding much better, waves to the gang and wishes for a happy and healthy AF day for us all!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning All:

Lav - did you sneak in that it was your birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a wonderful day - it sounds like you did.

Nursie - that took so much courage to make that call. Congratulations on facing that head on. Keep it up, and you'll never have to make a call like that again!

Kensho - the macrame is TOO MUCH. Did you do that yourself? So funny. I hope he wins!

Ava- The US is definitely focused on other things in the news cycle - I really haven't heard much at all about the weather and fires down there. Take care of yourself and I hope you find some air conditioning.

Nar - sounds like a wonderful trip. I should have planned some time away this weekend - that was a good idea. I'll actually be working tomorrow so I can REALLY not work for the week after that. I can't wait. I really want to visit Canada some day - it looks so beautiful! (After I'm done helping to pay for college??)

Pauly - I wake up with headaches a lot also. I think maybe it is hormones sometimes (sorry, guys). If I drink a lot of water before bed I just have to get up all night!

My nephew is in town from the east coast so it was fun to see him last night. Not much going on this weekend - just cleaning, shopping and cooking. No tickets to boozeville!

xo
          Pav

Comment

Hqpyy Un Hung Friday everyone! Every year when I used to come to Banff I would be hungover in the morning. I would sleep in and miss breakfast because cut off time was 10am. Or I would make it to breakfast and pretend I felt good when I was really dying from a hangover. I do not want to repeat that Ever again. This is freedom.

Ava, sorry about the heat. I don’t know how you can stand it. It really sucks.

Pauly, hope you get rid of that headache soon.

Pav, have a nice time with your nephew. I will be shopping today too, in Banff ! One day you will definitely have to come visit.

Don’t drink today xo.
            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Happy day after birthday, Lav!
              Just got a present from a neighbor...a wine preserving system! Once you open the bottle, you pout it in to this vase like thing and it has a plunger in there that keeps it air tight. I didn't have the heart to tell her I am a raging alkie and never, ever had leftover wine! Goes to show you that not so many people pay attention to what we drink or don't drink. It will make a good re-gift for someone.
              So glad it's Friday! No ticket to BoozeVille here, either, I'm going to check out that new 'A Christmas Carol' movie with Brad Pitt we taped last night!
              Hugs to all as we slide into Christmas! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hola friends,

Happy birthday Lav! x

Friend Kensho, that creation is WILD!

Great work Nursie. At day 465, i am feeling so goooood. I think after the first year there is movement to another level as in maybe i'm gaining a little more clarity, common sense, stability, calm. Still a work in progress and much to yet achieve. And why not? Why not me, why not you?

It's just the weekend folks, not a ticket to no freakin boozeville you savvy? Have a nice weekend out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Thanks all, I had a nice birthday yesterday. Today reality hits ~ husband down with the flu despite getting a flu shot last month. Never a dull moment, huh?
                  Just ran to the drugstore to get his Rx for Tamiflu, hope it works. Not only will we be hosting dinner Christmas eve for the family but my granddaughter is supposed to be spending the night here on the 23rd. I don’t want to see anyone else getting sick.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest & let’s all stay healthy for the holidays

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav - I'm so sorry, I totally missed that it was your birthday. osteroops: Happy Belated Birthday!!!:sohappy: Glad to hear you had a great day.

Nar - I do NOT miss feeling crappy in the morning for breakfast, even after sleeping until 9 or 10. Ugh, never again. Your hike, movie and ice cream all sound fantastic. Enjoy the snow!

Ava - I can see how you'd want snow there. Holy moly 45 degrees is pretty freakin' hot! Poor plants and worms

Well, a few weeks ago I was excited about our new vacuum. Today I am excited because I got new slippers. Hahahaha... nothing like getting older to appreciate the simple things in life I guess. My new ones are wool felt with a rubber sole so warm and practical.

Happy weekends to all. Definitely don't drink!
                    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hey nest!

Byrdie, that is hysterical about the wine cork thingie. If I would ever thought to put a stopper in the bottle lol
                      I also got a wine related gift from a work friend- she got us all electric wine openers.
                      I’m glad I won’t be needing that!

Lav- Happy Birthday and so sorry your hubby has the flu! My husband has a cold (he would call it death’s door). I made a huge batch of chicken soup with TONS of fresh garlic to fight those germs. I hope he is better by the 23rd! You stay healthy Lav!

Wags, I’m with you on all things exciting! I’m relishing in the sales I got at the grocery store today- my eyes lit up like a Christmas tree! I got a pound of jalapeños for less than a dollar, a bag of limes for 25 cents, and a pound of sweet potatoes for 50 cents. I like to buy things for cheaps and then can or freeze if I can’t use it right away. I’m going to make cowboy candy with the jalapeños just in time for Christmas.

Well, it’s only been 6 days since my doozy but I feel strong. I am strong! We are all strong fricken badasses! G man, that phrase has kept me sober more than once!!

Ok then, off to bed I go. Hope I don’t catch hubby’s cooties!!

Goodnight everybody, sweet dreams in the nest.
                      Day 1 again 11/5/19
                      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Good Morning, Nest:
                        Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                        I think after the first year there is movement to another level as in maybe i'm gaining a little more clarity, common sense, stability, calm. Still a work in progress and much to yet achieve. And why not? Why not me, why not you? .
                        Yes, that is the amazing thing. This whole 6 years has been continuous discovery of who I am and who I can be without alcohol. I really couldn't believe that it got BETTER in year two, but it did. Not everything was a "first" any more, and I did gain clarity. You're sounding great, Mr. G. Keep it up.

Wags - Hilarious. I was coveting that vacuum as I was dragging my big, OLD one around, and now I'll have to think about new slippers. I'm super excited because I am due for a new laptop and I THINK Santa knows about that...

Nursie and Lav - take care of those sickies. Lav, two years ago I got the flu even though I had had the vaccination - I was in bed for 6 days and don't remember ever being more sick. It was AWFUL. But I didn't get Tamiflu, so I hope yours goes more quickly. And that garlic should also help, Nursie. I have a whole bunch of turkey stock in the freezer from Thanksgiving. Anyone have any good recipes?

I'm off to work. If I put in some time this morning I can actually take a whole week plus off. Now THAT is exciting. Happy SOBER Saturday.

Pav

PS - Since we talk about TV here, I recently started watching the Crown. Fascinating.

Comment

I've been bingeing on The Crown, too, @Pavati. I can't bear to watch US news so I just turn on Netflix and make my ESCAPE!! I'm about to start season 3 and am kind of sad that there are new actors - I loved the ones from the first 2 seasons. I am simultaneously watching House of Windsor on Netflix. It is cool to get some background information and see what the people really looked like. When I heard Prince Philip was in the hospital today, I actually cared! I didn't know anything about him before I watched this show.
                          @Nursie, your apology and the response to it was beautiful. I'm glad you're feeling and ARE a strong woman.
                          @BelleGirl, how are you doing? I really think you would find it helpful to check in every day - maybe twice!
                          @lifechange, it was fabulous to talk to you earlier this week. You are sounding so good and like Nursie, strong in your commitment to living the way you want and need to live.
                          @SHADES_of_IDAHO, you are facing so many challenges at what can be a tough time of year under better circumstances. Please take good care of yourself :hug:.
                          @paulywogg, I get caffeine withdrawal headaches, also, and am really bummed when they wake me up too early in the morning. That is my last Big Vice, though, and I'm not ready to let it go.
                          @narilly, I have a really bad attitude about cold and snow. I try to model your good attitude and joy in it when I'm faced with it. I'm so glad you're enjoying your vacation with a clear head and open heart.
                          @KENSHO, your son must be quite the character (in a good way!). I love the sweater and hope he won.
                          @Byrdlady, isn't it interesting that someone close enough to you to give you a present hadn't noticed after all these years that you don't even drink? Goes to show you that people really don't pay that much attention to what others are doing. I saw a product advertised that would keep wine 'fresh' for MONTHS. Crack me up!!
                          @wagmor, I think the most contented people are the ones who appreciate the simple, necessary things of life like slippers and vacuums and don't spend much time wanting things they don't have or don't need. You sound like one of those lucky people.
                          @Lavande, I hope the flu passes from your home quickly. I always get shots but oddly was struck down in May the last 2 years. I'm really hoping that doesn't happen again!
                          Is your whole family going to be together on Christmas Eve? I hope so and that it is an evening of healing and peace.
                          @Guitarista, I agree that the second year is an awesome time of growth and guess what? Like Pav says, it just keeps going. We truly can evolve up and out endlessly if we keep our minds open.
                          @available and Mr G, I think about you when I hear about the heat and fires in Australia. I know Melbourne is spared compared with most of the rest of the country but it still is so scary. And needs to be taken seriously worldwide!!
                          @NoraC, it was nice to see you in the Nest. I miss your thread and the people who used to post there. I hope they all are doing well. Please pass on a "Hello and Happy Holidays!" from me.

As the next two crazy weeks that can be full of pressure, responsibilities, and unrealistic expectations begin, all the best to all Nesters for a peaceful and healthy time. xx, NS
                          Last edited by NoSugar; December 21, 2019, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Yep NS I'm not ready to get rid of my coffee either I think I posted that a week ago I had some slippers wrapped up for my daughter for Christmas but then ripped it open and decided to wear them haha! So yeah slippers are a treat
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Wags, a couple years ago, my doc told me to wear wool socks, said it made a noticeable difference in winter. I thought he was nuts, but got a pair and by crackies, he was right! Keeping my feet warm made all the difference so I can see why you are pleased with your slippers.

Having a lazy day and loving it! I was debating whether or not to start that gingerbread house, but I may just eat it!
                              Stay strong, fellow Bad@$$eS! Bahahaha! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Well I am happy to report that after just 2 doses of Tamiflu, the old man is half human again, haha! I have no experience with that drug, really didn’t know if it worked but apparently it does. I think starting it early in. The disease process is really the key
                                Hopefully he will be happier & more energetic by Monday! I am keeping a safe distance, can’t have both of us sick & miserable at the same time!

Byrdie, I bought a gingerbread village kit for my granddaughter to put together Monday evening when she’s here. She loves doing kitchen-y things so I’ll let her at it

NS, I make a pot of half&half coffee in the morning but use full decaf the rest of the day or decaf tea. Still don’t always sleep real well but that’s just the way it is for me the past 24 years.

Nursie, I took a picture of my husband sound asleep in his recliner last evening, hooded sweatshirt, big heavy blanket (he was having chills). Sent it to my daughter & told her I was going to make a DNR sign to put on his lap, haha!!! I hope your husband’s man cold goes away quickly & glad you are doing so well!!

Pav, hope your day was good!

Wags, I’m with you appreciating the little things anymore. I’m glad I’m not the only one, Lol

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest. I am going to roll out pierogie dough, stuff them & freeze them so I only have to quick cook them when people are here Christmas eve. Still not sure who is coming, always a surprise with my crew.

Lav
                                Last edited by Lavande; December 21, 2019, 05:53 PM.
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X