Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

yes G i am very very thankful. and come to think of it, it's about perspective in more than one ways. because from where i stand now, the perspective is wide and open. not close to my face, narrowing down to the point of (finally!) having a beer or a joint. opening a little, only to close again. and again. and again. pfewww, like a drain pipe. my god, i NEVER want to go there again.

thanks for the tip Pavati. i didn't know she was on Netflix. i'll check it out!

i have cooked a decent meal tonight Lav! and did the dishes afterwards! i have time for that now it even tasted good - who knows, i'll finally get a hang of it.

day 33. off to bed. i hope you all are very well..
    Last edited by julia1970; February 3, 2020, 05:20 PM.
    AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Had a great day & lunch out with two wonderful friends
      Just heard it’s going to rain the rest of the week SO I think I should get busy cleaning out closets & other clutter that seems to accumulate overnight around here, haha!

Pav, we have some good gym equipment right here in our house & neither one of us is motivated to actually use it on a regular basis. LOL

G, so glad you have come along so far from the ‘old days’. Blocking our feelings with AL (which we thought was a good idea) really was a bad idea. Now we know better, right?

Byrdie, hope you check in soon. We are all thinking of you :hug:

Hello to Julia & everyone!

Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Big waves to everyone. Keep on going strong with your quits, your efforts to cook good food and get fit, to find balance in your lives - all the things that really matter. Checking in sober here on Day # I Don't Know but I turned the corner on 3.5 years just last week so I know I'm in the 1000+ range now. Wahoo, who'da thunk it??? I wonder how many extra hours I've truly lived since quitting - I mean done something meaningful, or pleasurable, or that helped someone, or that were just hella fun. I think it's a bunch and I'm glad to have each one of them.

Hope your weeks are all off to great starts.
        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi, All:

Rock on, Wags. Love that post. Keep it up.

Mr. G - I get so many notifications that they don't mean anything. You can turn them off if you want, and just turn on the ones you need.

Lav - we could use some rain here again. No drought yet, but it does seem like a drier winter than usual.

Hope all is well, LC, 3BOW and everyone not posting.

I spent some time cooking last night so I'd have something for lunch for the week. I was TIRED, but now I am glad I have it.

Not much to say. Happy SOBER Tuesday.

Pav

Comment

Hey all.
            It has been the best of times and the worst of times, ha! It was wonderful to get up on Monday morning without the dread of this job. I sent another note to HR yesterday in a last ditch effort to get paid on that commission. I doubt it will do any good, but I tried. I am going to start using the same tools about this situation as I did to get sober. I’m going to push the bad thoughts out. I’m going to take it a day at a time. At least I am free of the BS. Seems I went from 100 mph to zero!

As most of you know, I have ulcerative colitis. There are certain foods that I avoid, as I get older seems that the list of stuff that bothers me grows.
            I’ve always watched my weight, so I found that eating a banana every night gave me good portion control and it stuck to my ribs. The past couple months, I noticed I was getting terrible cramps at night. I thought it was stress. Then I realized (one weekend) that it didn’t happen during the day, only at night. I finally put 2 and 2 together and realized that bananas were the cause! So I have switched over to apples. I made an observation about this whole process: I ate a banana every night for several years. Giving them up was NO issue. In fact, I haven’t given it a second thought. I didn’t join a support group to get over it and I had no stages of grief. Giving up AL was a whole different story. THAT is the difference between addiction and habit. Makes you think!
            Working through all this, thank you all so much for being here for me! Hugs to all, Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Everyone! Checking in this snowy Tuesday with much to catch up on.

BYRDIE! I've been waiting 4 years to hear you say that you no longer work at that disrespectful, unappreciative, disorganized, pitiful place! I'm sorry for the way it went down. I'm hopeful that your bucket and any loss that you take will be more than refilled with something new and healthy. I am sorry for what you went through, but so excited that you can begin enjoying more of your minutes in life! Also, have you ever done a food sensitivity test? Like an MRT blood test or a gut microbiome test? I have friends who have vastly improved ulcerative colitis with the knowledge they learned. Just a thought.

Wags, Happy Birthday Lovely Lady!! I hope it was special!

Julia, it's so heartening to log in and see your consistent progress!! Way to go! I love seeing the transformation of new nesters to more self-assured, healthy individuals. I can hear the different tone in your words, and you are doing just great!! Keep up the work you are doing - you sound right on track!!!

LAV, enjoy your bone broth. One of my very favorite things to drink!

We are on day 2 of Whole30, and I'm feeling great. It's not that different than I typically eat (when I'm being good), but I'm still bracing for the next few days to feel hard. I did attend a house party recently, and the hosts couldn't BELIEVE I was not drinking. She kept saying, "Are you sure you don't want SOMETHING?". Not drinking doesn't feel like I'm lacking any more. I've filled in the gaps with everything other than drinking, so its strange to watch others pity me so much. HA!

Anyway, happy thoughts to all.
              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

hi dear people, i'm keeping it short tonight, 'cause i'm very tired after a very intensive work day and too much energy to get good sleep the last two nights. i think tonight will be better.
                day 34. wish you all a happy day or night, or both.
                AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Not much going on with me but I did make a run to the fabric store between rain showers today. My granddaughter’s BD is coming up & I intend to make some outfits for the American Girl doll I gother for Christmas. The last time I made doll clothing it was for a Cabbage Patch doll, haha!!

Wags, it’s is truly nice to be among the living again

Pav, we’ve had rain this winter but no real snow so I know that will impact us later ion in the year. It actually hit 64 degrees here this afternoon - bizarre!

Kensho, I really should look into the Whole30 plan for myself. I don’t have UC like Byrdie but I do have a growing list of foods I can no longer tolerate & more than a few pounds to lose.
                  I think it’s great leaving people confused about our choice to not drink, Lol

Julia, awesome on your 34 days! Hope you sleep better.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Julia, I was so wrapped up in my own issues that I totally neglected to give you your 30 day hat!:guy: You have done an outstanding job of staying sober and we are so proud of you! Keep up the great work! Byrdie
                    Last edited by Byrdlady; February 4, 2020, 06:08 PM.
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi, All:

Quick check in. Morale at work is down. You know how moods become infectious? We're trying to put together something that a)brings us together (but not in a weird, forced way), and b) reminds everyone to take care of themselves. We're thinking food and early release - we'll see.

Hi, Kensho. Whole 30 is a good kickoff for better habits later, I guess. I've done "challenges" and other things, but just like the Dry January, I ended up eating bad right after as a "reward." Food and I have a complicated relationship...

Happy SOBER Hump Day.

Pav

Comment

Kensho - great to see you and glad you're doing well.

Julia - you're coming up on 5 weeks and you sound solid (although a bit tired maybe) - hope you got better sleep!

Byrdie - fingers and feathers crossed on your commission. Are they withholding it because you left? Aargh that workplace/company makes me so angry for how they've treated you and others. Why do some companies or workplaces have to be so toxic? I'm so grateful for you that you're out of there!

Lav - haha, I wouldn't have the first idea of how to make doll clothes. That's so great that you have that skill!

Hellos and waves to Pav, G, LC, Ava, 3BoW, Pauly, and everyone else stopping by the nest. Happy mid-week!
                        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Morning nesters, Lav, I was reading about the whole30 last night after reading here and you pretty much eat like that anyways, dairy free, sugar free etc,I'm freaking allover the place with my eating,tried the keto fad for my allergies and just ended up with a bad stomach and worse insomnia! Won't be doing that one again, Byrdie,I can just 'hear' the relief in your posts gonna be an adjustment for you but you'll be fine as you already know,waves to the gang and wishes for a happy day for us all!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Nesters!

Kind of dark & damp here all day, just as predicted. I made some awesome white bean soup in the IP using the bone broth I made Sunday in the IP. Can you tell I’m hooked on the IP? Haha!!!

Pauly, I have tried for many years to clean up our diet around here. I have always believed the ‘you are what you eat’ thing. I think some of my complaints are just age related & can’t really be fixed, Lol
                            You will never do yourself any harm by eating cleanly, that’s for sure!

Wags, I use Simplicity or McCalls patterns - my creativity has it’s limits
                            I was just interested to see if the homemade outfits would make a little girl as happy as the super expensive designer couture. We shall see.

Hi to Pav, Kensho, Julia & Byrdie & anyone stopping by tonight!

Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi, All:

Lav - it must be so great to have a granny to make you doll clothes! And real clothes!

Byrdie - I am so mad at that company for treating you that way. I am convinced that they wouldn't have if you were a man. Older women (over 50ish?) don't get treated well. I have been with my mom at several doctor's appointments and many of them just dismiss her and don't listen at all. At least you're free. I know it is hard for you to end this way, though...

I love dairy - that would be really hard for me to give up on any challenge.

Yesterday went well. We met as a staff and did some thinking and reflections on self care. It was someone's birthday so we had cake. And then we left early. It was a great and refreshing afternoon - I think it will help.

So Happy It's Thursday!
                              Pav

Comment

Afternoon, all.
                                Not much to report, no word back from HR about my pay. I am not optimistic about getting any commission, but as you say, Pav, I’m out of there. My coworker who started his new job is thriving, I’m so happy for him, I’m glad he got out, too.
                                Hope everyone has a great afternoon, stay strong! Byrdie
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X