Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Ah coffee... that's one thing I haven't wrestled with because I never developed a taste for it. Once I reached my mid 20s without it, I just decided not to explore because I knew if I grew to like it, it would likely become an addiction at least of sorts.

The new "office" space is continuing to be a big positive. I've still got a lot of work to get stuff fully moved over there, and I'll still have to have about half of my work stuff in the house, but just clearing out all of the extra/backup books, materials, supplies out of the house feels like it gives breathing room.

I'm noticing that I definitely am not 100% on my game lately - I'm forgetting to follow up with things for students (at least not as promptly as usual). I don't think my memory is failing, I think my brain is just overwhelmed and tired. My schedule is a bit lighter for the next few weeks and I'm hoping that will help me recover from the fatigue.

Kensho - Good for you on the Whole30! I'm not planning to do a lot of "work" in my storage space, but I'm setting it up so I can sit at a work table and do certain tasks with the materials I'm storing there. It's not heated, but is well-lit. Plus, I'm peri-menopausal so being cold is usually not my issue I envision being able to do 1-2 hour tasks there, which will be much more efficient than driving over, picking up a box, bringing it home to do the task, taking the box back (or not, which of course defeats the purpose). It's quiet, I can get online through my unlimited data plan, and could easily do phone/email etc if needed.

Julia - I look forward to hearing your thoughts after seeing the play

Byrdie - I'm impressed you reclaimed the office space in your house already. That's a big step toward healing whatever emotional hangover you probably have from that job.

Hellos and waves to everyone!
    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi All. Thanks for your coffee support! HA! It came up on two tests as both causing general inflammation, and disrupting my gut. I also have a slew of migraine and nervous system/neurological things that I get, so it probably isn't a great thing form me. HOWEVER, I figure that one cup a day of an organic variety isn't going to kill me. I eat so well otherwise that if it's one of my only vices, I'm willing to deal with the consequences.

Wags, seems like you have your work space figured out - that's awesome. My ideal situation would be an out-building on my property, because I have so little time with picking up kids, and driving them and making food, that it is really helpful to squeeze both in as I can manage the minutes. I bet it is really nice to have the work clutter out of your space though!! Give yourself a break with your "game". It's overrated.

Byrdie, I can imagine how strange you must feel. Our routines and rhythm are important to our well-being. I guess you get to create new ones? Gosh, what have you always wanted to do? What would make you most happy? I would list those and try to do them as often as possible! Life is short! I feel for you on the disruption front, hang in there!

LAV, I'll bet your grandkids really like Grandma Nurse! I'll bet you're a great nurturer. Not like the doting kind, like the no BS, you're going to be fine kind. That is most helpful to me. And you do it here too.

Off to the city and then finishing billing before we go to my son's school play. I'll sure be glad when it's done, as it has been a challenge to drop him early and pick him up at school every day. I am so thankful for the school bus!! He's playing a pirate.... ARGH!

So don't sink ye ships matees... or ye be drug down to the barracks! Keep afloat on sobriety. It's one decision I've made that has absolutely changed my life for the better and I don't regret anything about it!
      Last edited by KENSHO; February 12, 2020, 11:18 AM.
      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

day 42, keeping it short because i have a headache and want to go to bed. it's just a sinus infection due to bad allergy and i forgot to take my medicine for it. i'll be better tomorrow, more from me then.
        wish you all beautiful days and nights dear people
        AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

We were treated to a bit of sunshine today which was much appreciated because it’s been a typical gloomy east coast February. Now the rain has moved back in, oh well.

Julia, I hope you feel better soon! Sinus troubles plagued me the first half of my life but not anymore & I have no idea why. Take care!

Kensho, I was raised by a no BS nurse so I guess it just runs in the family, haha!!
          I have cleaned up boo boos & managed childhood illnesses with my kids & grandkids without stressing out. I think it’s good for the kids in the long run
          Enjoy your one cup of coffee a day, you certainly deserve a treat!

Wags, I had to giggle a little at your remark about not being 100% on your game. I’m at the age where I really can’t remember the last time I was 100%, Lol
          I stay active, busy, read, do mind games online but I still feel like a different person. I guess it certainly could be worse so I try not to focus or worry. I still insist on learning at least 1 new thing per day!
          Enjoy your cooler storage space. I still step outside from time to time to cool down, haha!

Pav, I try to buy the best decaf I can find around here & enjoy every cup
          Nothing wrong with treating yourself to something nice.

Hello to folks who haven’t checked in for a while. I hope everyone is OK.
          Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening nesters

just a quick check in. working too much and not enough hours in the day. i seem to go to work to get through my emails then come home to work through my work. Im sure it will settle down at some stage. I have 20 weeks long service leave (means i can have 20 weeks off at full pay) but i mentioned it to my boss and she said no way, dont bother applying. i had a laugh. i am keeping that for if/when i become a nana. I live in hope.

Everyone is sounding great and Julia great work on your 42 days. I am getting migraines now more frequently which is most probably due to stress and hormones. i did get a script for wafers but apparently they work better if you get the script filled.

Wags, i had a terrible case of menopause mind and now i have been on these supps i am back on the game. i was lucky to remember my name. Your new space sounds great for some you time also. i have an office now and love it though i am such a messy worker.

Humid and hot here atm, will be up early to take carl for a walk. he is definitely not a hot weather dog. at the moment he is basking in front of the fan.

take care xx
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
              Hello to folks who haven’t checked in for a while. I hope everyone is OK.
              Thanks Lav Indeed it's been a long while but I check in regularly. Not only it warms my heart to keep up with you all, it also keeps me ontrack! Coming up on 2 years AF (hoping to get something from Birdie - 15 Feb) and feeling great.

Hugs to all. :love:
              Go as far as you can see.
              When you get there, you'll see further.

Comment

Hi, all:

Ava, this made me laugh.
                Originally posted by available View Post
                Evening nesters
                i did get a script for wafers but apparently they work better if you get the script filled.
                Way to go, Julia!
                And MyWay! Congratulations on your two years.

Wags, my brain has been like that - I think there is WAY too much going on at work and in my life ATM - it is like my mind's engine never shuts down so it is starting to sputter. Needs a tune up and some oil. Thank fully I have time off next week...

Hope everyone has a great day!
                Pav

Comment

MyWayIn, hang in there for two more days and you can bank on a little something from the Prize Patrol! So proud of you, two years is a very big deal!
                  one of my former coworkers called yesterday asking about one if my accounts he inherited, so I had to go in the closet and ransack it to find what we needed. He is a good guy, so don’t mind helping him. He said the other guy, Paul, got the rest of my accounts. I don’t think I’m going to get a penny out of all this, but we’ll see.
                  Hope everyone has a good day. Hugs to all, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

BYRDIE, you're getting major karma dollars. Cha CHING somewhere down the road. We all get what we earn in life - they will be on the bottom end at some point! I know it doesn't pay the bills now and don't I don't mean to minimize, but it helps me to think about karma when I feel wronged. Thinking of you today.

I had a pretty heavy discussion with my design partner about "stuff" that inevitably comes up working with another person, let alone a friend. Thankfully, we are able to listen to each other and have each others' best interest in mind. It went well. I have dipped a toe into the elite pool of design and it feels equally as good as it is challenging - especially when I have the other entire leg in my family pool!!

I just ate paleo pancakes. Forbidden on Whole30 - but all approved ingredients - just a little bit of indulgence. I learned that the only hard and fast rule I will follow about my intake is with alcohol. If needed as an occasional coping method, I will eat treats when necessary. Now, if I could only find about 7 more hours in this day.....I'm off to the boobie-smashing doctor for a routine mammo.

Have grateful thoughts today Nest.
                    Last edited by KENSHO; February 13, 2020, 03:40 PM.
                    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

day 43. off to bed. need some calm & quiet. warmest things to you all.
                      AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Hola nesters near and not so far!

Congrats on day 43 Julia! Wowza! Keep it going.

Bonjour My way in! 2 years........Holy moly! Congratulations mon ami. I'll be here for the party on the 15th.

Good luck on all fronts friend Kensho. I agree with the karma thing via experience.

How are you Byrdy?

Pav, i bet you're looking forward to some time off next week. What'll it be? Snowboarding?

Off for a music session here then a workout then the beach....then some more music making, then.....then......er, i'll be sure to have a break and unwind tonight. Unwind u say? Just so happens i love all the things i'm up to today. A whole day of unwinding and luuuurve.

Big waves to evabody. x

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Went & picked up my granddaughter today so I am happy
                          The rain has finally stopped & now we’re in for some very cold weather. I had originally thought about a trip to the zoo tomorrow but I think I’ll postpone until April haha!!

MyWayIn, congrats to you, so glad you stopped by. Get your speech ready for the 15Th

Hi to Pav, Byrdie, Kensho, G, Wags, Ava & Julia!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav,
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, All:

Byrdie - so gross that Paul got your accounts. I hope if he calls you say you can't help him... Sounds petty and vindictive, but that's how I'm feeling.

Hope all is ok Julia - here's to a calm and quiet weekend.

Happy unwinding, G. Enjoy your granddaughter, Lav.

Everything is stacking up here. I'll admit that I got VERY angry last night about something and a thought passed through my head that I would be able to calm down very quickly with a drink. It was a very short lived thought, because I don't drink. I was able to do some deep breathing exercises and calm down anyway. New skills come in handy.

Happy Friday. No tickets to Boozeville.
                            Pav

Comment

The fact that they gave Paul of all people your accounts is evidence of the toxic culture there, Byrdie. I'm glad you escaped. I do feel bad for your former clients, though. They are going to be shocked at the level of attention they will be receiving compared with what they were used to with you.

Good job on the breathing, Pav. Much better than drinking and all of the fall out from that. Imagine how you would be feeling this morning! I've realized that the times it occurs to me to have "a" :haha: drink is after an emotionally draining event (could be good or bad), I'm alone, and feeling a little bored. But I know that even if I could do it, one drink wouldn't give me what I wanted. What sounds good is checking out. And you're right, it is great we've developed new skills for calming down, escaping, celebrating and overall just living life on our terms. What a gift.

I'm heading out to spend a week with kids and grandkids. They don't drink so a lot of sneaking and hiding would be involved if I were still addicted. Or, I wouldn't have agreed to go and look at all I would have missed. I'm so grateful to have that mess behind me.

Have a good weekend, Nesters! :heart: NS

Comment

Happy Friday, all
                                It’s just another day, not a ticket to BoozeVille! :rara: Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X