Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Ha. I didn't mean to infer sobriety was boring, just me. ☺ sobriety is the most exciting thing to happen to me in years. It's exciting to feel emotions, to not be drained, sick, unhealthy and addicted. Life is good!
    Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Morning nesters, TJAF, I'm boring too haha, I'm pretty lucky that little things make me excited a new shirt, pancakes on Sunday morning, reruns of a show I like, pizza, walks and spending time with my daughters boys, etc waves to the gang and wishes for a happy day for us all!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good to see you and hear that you're doing so well, TJAF.

I mentioned on another thread yesterday that as I was making some reasonable (not hoarding!) purchases so as to be fine if Coronavirus became a problem here, I was so glad that I wasn't trying to figure out how to buy and hide "enough" wine. Of course I would have to go to numerous stores so the random clerks wouldn't be suspicious and I certainly wouldn't want my family to have any idea of the vast quantities I drank so it would have been a big deal. And I know I would have been worried about what if I run out and couldn't get more -- surely I would die! The thought of quarantine and not having free access would have worried me much more than catching the virus!

I think the situation the world finds itself in is concerning, and in some places, alarming, but I am so relieved that all my actions are not centered on making sure I would always have enough alcohol available.

So, be prepared, don't panic, and don't drink. Have a good weekend, Nesters, xx, NS

Comment

Lav, I am SO sorry about your DIL's parents. That is terrible! My heart goes out to you and your family.
          Life is precious xo.

NS, yeah we would have needed a shit load of booze in the basement 'just in case'. Thank goodness we don't have to worry about that.

I am just in the middle of applying for jobs so I will tty'all later.

Don't drink today.
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Lav, what awful news. Life sure can change in the blink of an eye. I am so sorry to hear this and all of my thoughts will be for your family’s strength and peace. I just can’t believe it.

NS, gosh, I hadn’t even thought of what a quarantine would look like for those of us with major addiction issues. A box of wine lasted maybe 3 days? Sheesh, I can’t even think of where or how I’d have hidden all that! All that anxiety! Thank you for reminding me of how grateful I am to be sober!

It’s only Friday, everyone, not a ticket to BoozeVille! :rara: Byrdie
            Last edited by Byrdlady; February 28, 2020, 01:51 PM.
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

I missed your post @Lavande. I’m so sorry this has happened. Your grandsons will be needing extra Lav-love. They are lucky to have you.
              Last edited by NoSugar; February 28, 2020, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Thanks narilly, Byrdie & NS. It truly is shocking when someone dies so suddenly & so violently.
                I haven’t even had a chance to see my grandsons yet to see how they’re dealing with the news. My son put them in the car yesterday afternoon & drove all night, straight thru to FL. Worried me but they arrived safely. My DIL’s Dad has multiple, severe injuries, many fractured bones. But he is stable now. They even had him sitting up in a chair for a while today so that’s good news. This will be a long recovery, I’m sure.

NS, I am also putting some things aside for a just in case scenario. My Girl Scout training taught me to be prepared, I definitely will be

TJ, I imagine some people would find me boring at this point & I couldn’t care less, haha! I am happy enough, healthy & proud of my accomplishment!

Wishing everyone a comfy & safe night in the nest.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

afternoon nesters

Lav, im sorry you have such terrible news, i hope the family are coping alright and they are lucky to have you for support through this time. I hope your grandbabies are ok, i am sure its going to be hard for them to grasp that a loved one is gone.

Byrd, legal advice seems to be the way to go when you are not getting any answers. If it can be taken further then great and if not then you will just need to accept that nothing can be done i suppose. Fingers crossed that something can be done and you can buy more baking goodies.

TJ, i am a boring, happy, sober person. I sometimes think i am too straight now and too grown up but going back to al to think i am the life of the party is long gone. give me a cuppa and a good tv show and some knitting and i am happy as. Congrats on your sober anniversary.

NS, i just cant be bothered to be prepared for this virus. We get emails everyday about this virus at work and there are so many bugs/virus's that can kill you these days that i would be one big ball of anxiety if i worried about it. Thank god i dont have to worry about wine though, i know i would buy lots of bottles and drink them so i would not be prepared at all but i would be very very drunk waiting.

Pauly, i love having the money now to go shopping. sometimes i think i do too much shopping! What is the fav re-run show? i have been watching the new eps of my 600lb life, i love that show.

Nar, good luck with your job hunting, something will come along.

A beautiful day here today, done the washing, picked the tomatoes, did some shopping, cleaned the fridge and i am dehydrating some tomatoes, apples, bananas and zuccini in the air fryer.

take care xx
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Morning nesters, Lav, thinking of you and your family were the boys close to their other gramma? Hope they'll be ok, Ava, I missed most tv from 2005-2011 so Criminal Minds, House, E. R, etc are all new to me from that time, I rarely sat and watched TV back during my drinking years and was rarely home in the evening during that time, jeez if it had just been me and hubs fine ok but my kids, I'll never stop regretting those lost years yes I still love 600 pound life and like we've said in the past it really does parallel any other addiction nearly to a T, waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Lav - I'm so so sorry to hear about your DIL's parents. Having just one part of that happen (the sudden loss or the severe injuries) would be a LOT to cope with by itself, and this situation has both. Sending love and condolences to all of you. :heartbeat: :hug:

Byrdie - sending you strength and good legal karma!

Walktothewater - today is a great day to quit, no matter which day "today" is.

It feels like a rough start to 2020 for so many people. I'm just sitting for a moment to focus on gratitude, love, health, and peace. Hope you all have easy weekends.
                      Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hola friends,

Checking in from over here.

Lav, so sorry to hear this sad news. my thoughts are with you and family.

Good to see you TJ!

My old friend Danny Trejo said to me once - 'Now look here G. If you're bored, then you're boring'. Makes sense to me Mr Trejo.

Take care out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi Nest friends.

A heartfelt hug to you LAV. Sorry about your family tragedy. (((hugs)))

Leaving shortly to have a date night with husband - still doing whole30 so he won't be drinking. I love how present he is!

I can't be bothered with the virus panic either AVA. It seems like the flu. I know it is claiming lives, but I think it is similar to other risks every day we walk the planet. Out trip to Italy in June may not happen though, if the travel ban is still in effect. I will be so bummed. But I will understand.

Meanwhile, my functional doc has a test he wants me to do to look for autoimmune issues. That would explain my neurological stuff... hope I can get some answers.
                          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

My granddaughter & her parents just left after a really nice visit. I needed to see their happy faces more than I knew. We had a birthday celebration too for my almost grown up 9 year old granddaughter
                            Thank you everyone for your kind words re my family. These things happen to families all the time, just a part of life I guess but still very sad. My grandsons were close to their grandmother but didn’t see her as often as they see me because of distance. I’ll do what I can to help them keep her in their hearts.

Hello to G, Kensho, wags, Pauly & everyone.
                            Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Aww Lav those boys are lucky to have you(grandaughter too of course) but what a terrible loss all around surprised it's so quiet here so far today, have 0 energy even though I slept 8 hours, hate feeling lazy cuz it's too similar to being hungover but I guess it's just one of those Sundays, waves to the gang, don't drink today it makes you ugly

Comment

I was going to say Good Evening Nesters but it’s just you & me Pauly
                                Nothing going on here today & that’s fine with me. I noticed the pussy willow bush starting to bloom so Spring is on the way. Of course that means even more allergy symptoms, right Pauly?

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X