Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Butt rubs! :butt::butt:
    Ava, sounds like you are on the front lines of all this. Toilet tissue is near and dear to my heart, I’m wishing us all the best as we navigate these tricky waters. It’s easy to realize how small the world is when there is a virus like this.
    All we gotta do, Is get thru this day! Stay strong, all! Byrdie
    Last edited by Byrdlady; March 13, 2020, 02:51 PM.
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Went to the store to do some shopping and they were almost out of toilet paper. Thankfully my mom got adopted during Christmas at work and we got a year worth of toilet paper so I am not worried about the shortage. I did grab some for my secret sister at church.

It will be nice to give it to her without a hangover.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I tried to find some hand sanitizer today and none to be found. It makes me think that maybe I should put some rubbing alcohol in a hairspray bottle and carry that around like I did vodka! Ha!
        Drifty, what a great stash of tissue you have, never heard of a years worth of TT as a prize, but it makes a lot of sense!
        Julia, 70 days is amazing! Keep up the great work! Byrdie
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

We were out & about today & stopped at Costco for some FOOD items, no tp. We did see people with their carts loaded to the top with paper products. What do they plan to eat over the next few weeks? And if you don’t eat there’s not much need for the tp, Lol.
          Hoarding is kind of a sickness under normal circumstances but right now it’s just seems totally selfish & uncaring about anyone but themselves
          I just found out that my daughter was exposed to someone Monday who says their business partner has just tested + for coronavirus. Not great news. She’s been told to stay home from work for several days to see what happens.

NS, buttrubs? No fanks, haha!!!!

Glad to see everyone hanging in there & doing what we had to do - not drink!
          Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy to hear it's going well Alison. Keep it up!

Day 72. In my country things are going crazy as well now with hoarding and stuff. I'm starting to get a bit worried because i have a work trip coming up in April, and can't get a refund on my bookings for that. I hope this won't mean i'll be losing all this money. But okay, what will be, will be.
            But i'm more worried because i just read that the virus has been found nearby refugee camps in Greece. It'll be an extra disaster for the people living under already horrible circumstances if the epidemic will start spreading there...

Happy that i can have some rest for a few days now, work at home and take care of myself.

Hope you all are well dear people
            AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Hi, All:

Not much to report. Met up with friends last night - 7 of us - and had some good laughs. I guess that was needed.

Hope you all stay well.

Pav

Comment

Crazy times for sure.
                It’s only Friday, everyone, NOT a ticket to BoozeVille! :rara::rara: Stay strong, no matter what!
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hello everyone, crazy times for sure. My friends are stranded in Spain and looking for a flight back to Canada, once back here they have a two week quarantine.
                  I went to Costco yesterday and there was no toilet paper, paper towels or bleach. The flour, sugar, canola oil, sardines, tomato sauce, pasta and rice were in depleting amounts. Even the dairy section was pretty empty.
                  Last night the line ups to get into Costco were huge.

Many things are cancelled here and we are hunkering down.

We will get through this.

Don't drink today and Wash your hands
                  Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                  "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Howdy Everyone. Quiet and strange day here. Kids are out of school. Trying to work, but feeling strange about "what's next?. I hope the disruption to normal is not too much. I have been feeling yucky with migraine stuff and want to go back to my whole 30 stuff, and get my autoimmune testing, yet I'm not sure if all my healthy foods will continue to be available, and don't really want to visit a hospital for the blood draw at the moment. ON hold. IN between. Ok, well, so be it.

Hope everyone is hanging in there. PAV, a laugh sounds great. Tried to watch Jimmy Fallon last night with no audience and it was awkward.
                    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

It is weird out there & to think this will be going on for weeks, maybe even months, oh boy!
                      I’m all stocked up so we can hunker down & wait it out I guess. All of the schools in my state will be closed for the next 2 weeks. I have a feeling I’ll be seeing some grandkids during the shut down.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!!!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning nesters

Got to the shops early this morning to get my loo paper that i am running out of, not in two supermarkets, went to another and managed to get 2 packets of 4 rolls, got to checkout and now it is a limit of one pack per customer. FFS but the man behind me needed some and had been looking for a week so i was quite happy for him to have my extra 4 pack. My mum has a cold and is still telling me she is going out to the shops on Wednesday. I told her no and she has to do food orders online, i am finding people just dont think this will affect them, they dont know anyone who has come back from o/s so they are fine.

I spent 3 hours cleaning the office i share with the drs and have told them to wipe the benches down before they walk out, to wipe the phone before they use it and after. One dr looked at me like i was being an idiot and when he didnt wipe his phone down i yelled at him, he got the hint as there were others in the office. These are the drs that will be treating patients.

Its hard to focus on much else but i am stocked up on eggs and cheese so i can live on omlettes for weeks, freezer is full of god knows what so i am quite happy to stay indoors unless its to take carl for a walk.

Lav, i hope your daughter's test comes back negative.

Nar, my niece is supposed to be getting married in Bali on the 8th April. Atm they are still going ahead with it. I cant tell them that its pure stupidity but my daughter is not going so i am happy about that. No amount of money in the world is worth getting this virus and spreading it.

Take care and be safe xx
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Morning nesters, went to chick fil a yesterday and it was pretty dead, one little old lady dressed head to toe in Laker's gear was complaining to the lady who works there that she's pissed all her sports are cancelled, I imagine a lady like her in her late 70's probably looks forward to her games to watch, all of this has effected soooooooo many things, just wondering how my job is gonna be hit, we shall see, have a great AF day all
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning everyone, well it looks like the world is gradually locking down, at varying rates depending on local outbreaks. We're already at a point where gathering with friends went from possible to a really bad idea over the course of 24 hours. On top of that we got snow last night, which typically cripples our city since we don't get it very often. It all feels very surreal, and I am grateful for health and shelter right now. In the midst of the "stocking up" efforts going on at different levels around the world, I am keenly aware and incredibly grateful that AL is not one of the things I'm feeling a need to stockpile or any anxiety about obtaining. It's a good time to be sober!

Take care of yourselves everyone and do what you can to stay well and flatten the curve. :heartbeat:
                            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi, All:

Things are slowly shutting down here as well. People are still having parties at their homes for now - I guess they're not reading the news. Schools in the area have shut for at least two weeks. The students are afraid and mad that we're abandoning them as we are a safe and happy place for them.

One of the best things to come out of this so far for me has been the videos from Italy and Brazil of the apartment complexes with everyone out on their balconies making music together. It makes me cry every time I see one.

I see on social media everyone is stocking up on wine and booze. So, so happy I am not even thinking about that. So glad to have my wits about me during this crazy time - I can't imagine navigating all of this drunk or hungover.

Pauly and everyone - I hope jobs and families are safe and taken care of. Thinking good thoughts for all of you.

Pav

Comment

hi all, day 73, and having strong weed cravings since yesterday.
                                read some scientific arti this week again about how dutch weed with its very high THC levels is proven to be very addictive. and about the parameters influencing addiction risk. not as addictive as cocaine, i'm not sure about al.

i've gone down again with the antidepressants this week, felt in balance and good spirit again. but it's tough, this whole process of tapering down step by step. every step down in dose brings muscle tension, nightmares, oversensitivity to impulses. it's like something closes in me. i feel guilty towards my man, 'cause i'd rather be on my own right now. he assures me there's no need for that, but i know he misses me very much (which of course is a good thing).
                                i think the freedom to invert (keep to myself) when i feel like it might be one of the things i'm having to learn in this process.
                                to be able to keep to myself freely. and to turn outwards when i feel like it, freely.
                                the feerdom of choice in this is something that was broken in me.

fighting this f*ckn craving. i'm very tired so not so much i can do to divert myself (this is also frustrating and an incentive to the craving). i'm reading a great philosophical book though. it gives me a feeling of purpose. just keep on sticking my nose into that then, i guess.
                                this is not a free choice. it is only about escaping. and escaping is something I DON'T DO!

(well, if the case would turn up: except from wild animals or psychopathic maniacs i guess) (and natural disasters)
                                Last edited by julia1970; March 14, 2020, 11:23 AM.
                                AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X