Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

That's intersting, [MENTION=20191]Pavati[/MENTION]. The dolphin form is so much easier than straight arms for me! I figured I was taking the easy way out. I would like to cut corners and be on my knees, too, but am trying to be tougher than that!

Comment

Happy Un Hung Tuesday everyone, thank you for the congratulations. I really appreciate all your good wishes.

Wags, I didn't even notice the name change, I knew it was you Yeah, back pain- what a pain, haha. I really wish I could go for a massage at this point, I have lots of time.

Ava, that is tough for your daughter, she is lucky you are there for her. It is hard when our kids go through stuff like that and all we can do is just be there for them.

Steady, hang in there with your husband. Its a good thing you don't drink!

Hello Pauly, hope you are doing well.

G- Git it! I love that saying. You sound Greaate! xo

Hello Julia and I think I saw Jane. Hi Jane!

Don't drink today everyone, it is gross.

I do planks everyday but just for 10 seconds or so and I do about 3, plus all the stretches I need to do to get this body in shape for the day. I am getting stiffer the older I get but the stretching helps. I have really been eating a ton these days and have to reign that whole situation in.

NS, thank you for kicking my butt 6 years ago. I love Byrdie's description of the beach where she spends time, I'll meet you there sometime. Byrdie, hang in there, hopefully you are all good.

Lav, I am sure you are missing your grandkids, hey at least you have your chickens right?
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

I appreciate all the kind words. Like everyone else, I’m doing my best NOT to catch this mess.
        Saw this today on FB and wanted to share. MindPeace to all!
        3B451824-91D0-48B1-AC63-AC95EE73A32A.jpg
        Last edited by Byrdlady; April 14, 2020, 12:25 PM.
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

For anyone interested in a pretty level-headed, realistic take on the situation, I think this is excellent: Our Pandemic Summer - The Atlantic
          We're likely going to have to learn to live with more risk than we're used to.

Comment

how nice that everyone is joining in on the planking! no, let't not compare waste sizes, times, or whatever. just do it our own way, but do it.
            i do the elbow thing. didn't think of doing it another way, i'll try that tomorrow. but that seems to me like a completely different thing, no? i presume the elbow thing will be easier for me.

Byrdie, when i saw the news of the tornado's i was worried that any one of you were in that area. pfff happy that you and the power made it through in one piece. sorry to here about your extra vulnerability. still, most people who are extra vulnerable to it are still not going to get it. take care.

Chances, Belle, how are you doing? i hope you'll still post, through bad and good and even if you might not manage to stay sober. that wouldn't mean you can get this done, just that it's a struggle. which it is.

hope you all are fine dear people. i feel my upper belly muscles. it feels like they've tightened up already, which of course is just their way of saying WTF!?!#%!!
            Last edited by julia1970; April 14, 2020, 04:15 PM.
            AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Everything is OK with me. I have been busy mask sewing all day & will get back to it in a few minutes. Apparently the word got out than I am making masks so i’m, getting lots of requests.
              It’s so sad to hear what is happening in nursing homes, the virus is wreaking havoc on those poor souls. This whole thing is not going away anytime soon I’m afraid.
              No planking for me today but I am stiff as !@#$$% from sitting at a sewing machine all day & missing my long walk with my dog.

NS, I think I’m getting close to acceptance of the granny physique because I just know it’s stuck like iron on me, LOL I really don’t want to spend the rest of my life fighting something that I cannot defeat.
              I’m sorry about your back pain, ouch! Anything you can do to get rid of that is good. Hope it’s all better soon!

Hello to all & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Everyone, and especially a happy (but belated) 6 year anniversary to Nar! Awesome, girl!

And "Hi" back to you Julia. I've been around, here and back for a while. I had an almost 5 year quit and blew it 2 years ago (or was it 3). I heard many times that each quit is harder and this one has been quite a b*tch for me. But I am not giving up the fight and am giving it my all. Easter was a good day to reaffirm my desire to quit.

But this working from home stuff...I guess I am lucky that I can work from home, but the problem is that the work is always there. I need to make myself walk away from it. Now and then I do online yoga and Barre classes that my friend teaches. But I should do more of that. It is a bit more challenging to get the work done at home, so I am probably working twice as much as I did when I went to the office. But the extra $$ are good, and really...what else am I to do.

Daughter's high school started back online today. She actually seemed to enjoy it, perhaps because she could have her pup join her.

Had a sinus headache all day...and it is not letting up. Yesterday was hot and humid, today damp and chilly. That kind of change always does me in. It is only 9:20pm...but that is not too early to go to bed. I'm supposed to stop by the office tomorrow to pick up some paperwork. It's not a big risk as perhaps only one other person might be there.

Good night....everyone. zzzzzzzz
                BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Morning nesters, Belle I'm always in bed by 9:20 haha I'm up early regardless of how late I stay up so figure earlier is better for my bedtime, Narilly!! Congratulations on 6 years my friend! Sorry I'm late to the party but I'm keeping my mwo visits short these days, I'm kinda done hearing about the virus and it's just making me weary that's its allover, everywhere I go, I know it's the reality but I hear it on the news, fb, radio, real life, my fitness forum, then here I'm just coronaviris'd out right now! Trying to decide if I feel like doing insatcart today or if I should just do a few Postmates and call it good,insta pays better but it's more work haha,meh don't really feel like sitting home all day either but wondering if I should save my strength and energy for the busy days,I dunno love you all dearly and just want everyone to stay safe! Have a wonderful AF day all!
                  Last edited by paulywogg; April 15, 2020, 07:36 AM.
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Belle - you're doing just fine with this quit, as challenging as it has been. Sending you strength.

Pauly - I hope you have a wonderful day regardless of whether you decide to work a bit or not. How do those two programs work? Do you commit to a certain "shift" or window of time and then they send you jobs as they come in, or is it more like you can see the available jobs first and then pick and choose the ones that are maybe near you (or near each other)? Or can you choose based on how much it looks like you'll earn (including tip)? Sorry to be nosy - I've always wondered how those delivery programs work, and I've always tipped really well in case the rest of the pay is low. I appreciate the work of the person doing any shopping and/or delivery to my home, and yet I don't know quite how to best "package" my request to maximize the chances that someone will accept it and will feel well-compensated.

Ava - sorry to hear about your daughter's break up. Glad you can be there for her - it's usually hard at the time, but those things are often blessings in disguise.

Julia, Pav, NS and everyone else planking - I'll join you but for my personal spin I'm gonna do push-ups instead! My wife and I already workout about 6 days per week and there are several plank-based exercises in most of the sessions. I can do several "on my feet" push-ups at this point but I'd love to be able to do 25+.

NS - thanks for the link to the article, gonna check that out.

Lav - good work on the masks! Yes, everyone I know that started making them now has requests coming in from all over. Take care of yourself though! Stretching and walking both sound like great ways to take a break.

Hellos and waves to everyone else stopping by the nest today. Have beautiful days!
                    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Wags, I just turn on the app and it'll send me calls and I can choose or deny, usually if it's a store I don't feel like going to I'll deny, or if it's a restaurant I don't wanna go to or is difficult to get to I'll deny too, no shifts thank goodness I can just work when/if I feel like it, good job on you and your wife working out 6 days a week, we'll all either end up buff after all this or as big as a sofa depending on what we put in hahaha
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning! I have a new morning routine, including planks. Day 4, correct JULIA? I'm in it with you sister! Sounds like there are a few of us with our own version of the challenge. I marked down the last day as May 11 (for USA - where in the world are you again? What language is your plank table?).... I will report my progress!

I ran across this DailyOM that resonated with me - "How to Communicate Like a Buddhist". This is something we all need to work on in my house. I have been practicing it for the last two days, and have noticed results! Here's a snip from the leader's interview:

"To communicate like a Buddhist means you use words that are true, balanced, necessary, and kind. You listen intently to others and to yourself. And while you realize that you are only responsible for what you say (not what others hear), you still take great care to choose your words skillfully so that the recipient is more likely to hear and understand them. You don't speak negatively about people. You speak from the heart, and once the words are said, you let them go."

I have also noticed that my husband is infinitely more receptive to my communication when I use these guidelines for choosing my words. It's made a difference for me in just 2 days - can't imagine 30! Planking and communication... two good take aways from quarantine!

Wags, why did you change your name? Did I miss that? You removed the "e", right?

6 Years Narily - AWESOME!!! You deserve a spa DAY when they re-open!! I'm happy for you!

NS, I downloaded that article and look forward to reading it.

Belle, I also work from home, and have always struggled with turning it off! It's a challenge, for sure! Can you work in a room that you can "close the doors to" once you are done? It helps.

PAV, we cross-posted... no good on the tick!! I have wondered if I have late lyme... Nasty little creatures. I never liked Corona beer either.

Happy mid-week Everyone. I'm off to tackle my list of "shit I could never get done before the pandemic."
                        Last edited by KENSHO; April 15, 2020, 10:09 AM.
                        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi, All:

Byrdie, that sums it up. I'm just TIRED. I had been sleeping fine, but for some reason this week I haven't. It really puts a wrench in things - making me feel cranky and anxious.

Pauly, I'm with you. I get tired of hearing about it, but I also think that people don't have a lot else to talk about these days. My husband found out when a TP delivery was happening at a local store and got us some, so we're not worried for a while (not hoarding, per se, but we have enough for a bit). Does that count as news other than corona?

Speaking of corona...My son went biking yesterday and he got a tick. I told him to be careful and look for the bullseye rash. He said, but lyme will go with my corona... Took me a minute to get it, but it made me laugh.

Belle, turning work "off" when working from home is definitely a problem. Maybe set some hours and locations and keep yourself to that? Hope you're doing well.

I am in for the pushup challenge - I get bored with planks. The dolphins are MUCH harder for me - don't know what muscle that means I lack - maybe ALL of the core muscles??? Maybe I'll do some of both. I am VERY far from 25 real pushups, but a girl can dream...

Happy SOBER Hump Day, all. Take care...

Pav

Comment

Happy Un Hung Wednesday everyone.

Belle, Pauly, thank you for the congrats. I forgot the day myself this year and only remembered when Cowboy reminded me. When all this is over I will go out a celebrate.

Yeah, I am tired too and really for no reason. Crazy times.

Ken, thanks for the Buddhist quotes. A good reminder to be mindful of what I say, be kind and to choose my words carefully.
                            Paulie, you are sounding good xo.

Have a good one everybody.

Don't drink today.
                            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

late already, had a busy day, need to cool down and still need to do my planking yesterday i decided i'd just do 2 minutes, otherwise it didn'f feel like a challenge. and for the second day in a row i have to do it with a full belly, 'cause i just had dinner. so like planking with a mushy dumbell hanging from the rump. of course not good at all good to eat so late.
                              i want to do push ups as well Wags! thanks for adding challenge. i can only do them on my knees because my arms are chicken arms. i never could do push ups.
                              besides the lot of walking and also byclicling i always do, i just cannot find the right time to work out during week days. my work days are full. don't really know how to hack that. i'll have more time this Friday, maybe i can startup a small routine, around my chicken arm push ups, and planking. it needs to become routine. i'm not a routine person... i'll get there somehow!

"You speak from the heart, and once the words are said, you let them go." This last part strikes me especially Ken. To let them go once they are said. Beautifull. I'm gonna write it down somewhere.

glad to hear from you Pauly. yes i get that about the corona burps. (i don't know at all if this makes sense in English. or in Dutch as a matter of fact. i'm from the Netherlands Ken - that is Amsterdam, van Gogh, weed, and tulips - the schedule is in Dutch. let'ssay i started on Monday officially, that's when i started timing, so this is day 3 for me.and i already made a mess of the schedule)

good to hear from you Belle! i'm so happy i don't have to work at home all the time. can imagine it takes some very firm boundaries to manage..

oww i'm going to read and sleep. after i plank.

warmest things to you all dear people.
                              Last edited by julia1970; April 15, 2020, 04:18 PM.
                              AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

He said, but lyme will go with my corona...
                                Your son has a quick and subtle wit, [MENTION=20191]Pavati[/MENTION]. I'm impressed!

I think everyone I encounter feels tired which I think is TOTALLY TO BE EXPECTED. Chronic stress does that to us. And even if hour to hour and day to day we don't feel particularly stressed, I think we actually are. Everyone's routines have been disrupted, fun activities cancelled, expectations unmet, and worst of all, we have to live with the uncertainty of what is next and when things will change. I and others I've spoken with have had crazy, vivid dreams - most involving a lack of control. That is a very stressful way to live and it is EXHAUSTING. So, we need to be kind to ourselves and one another, eat however makes us feel best, sleep when we can, and obviously, not drink. xx

Comment

Working...
                                X