Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Evening nesters

I went into work today and came out with so many stickers. A sticker to say my temp had been taken and a sticker to say i had my flu needle. That was better than primary school. Spent some time with my coworkers but we really have not much to talk about. How are you - good, what have you been doing - working. Thats it for all of us but it was nice to have some hooman contact other than my children.

Lav, we have gotten emails to say that this virus is affecting people neurologically afterwards though we dont have many stats on this. I remember madison ended up with no tolerance as she got older, i feel a lot like her now!

We do all see the same starry sky Pav and thats quite comforting.

They are looking at cutting down our restrictions mid May but people are out and about already. We now have a covid app tracker which of course is a worry about the government maybe knowing everything about us but they promise us they wont use any data, and we all believe what politicians say. I have nothing to hide and they will probably think "god poor Linda she doesnt do much".

Where are you Over it and LC and Belle.

Take care and stay safe xx
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Morning nesters, Ava haha, isn't that the truth about the tracker"jeez she's watching 90 day fiance again? 600 lb life again? Taco Bell again? The couch again?, This is sooooo boring" yep that's about it with my life too even when things are open, short and sweet right now, wishing everyone a great day!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Monday, All:

I am laughing imagining the bored trackers...

Started on a giant house project and got about 10% done. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step...

Lav, good luck with that fence. Hope s/he learns!

x
        Pav

Comment

Pauly, WHEW! On 100 degrees! I’m definitely not ready for the heavy heat. Maybe people will stay inside! Our town has spring fever and many are pushing the safety boundaries for social distancing.

Overit, good to see you. Fill us in please.

PAV, thank you for the thoughts on “the same starry sky”. That is comforting. I had a dream two nights ago that I had to visit Georgia to see some show that I couldn’t see in my home state, and I had to road bike to the theater on a very busy interstate. The exit ramp turned into a single track (24” wide) path high in the sky, like a roller coaster. I was obviously feeling like Georgia is “dangerous”. Hope your house project is going well!

LAV, how long does it take for a dog to get used to the wireless fence? That seems like a good solution for you.

AVA, congratulations on your sticker collection. It’s the small pleasures these days!

I was reading about otherwise people my age dying from strokes caused by Covid. I was not afraid of dying from the traditional respiratory version (more afraid of giving it to others), but this does scare me. I spend some time wanting to stop those fearful feelings yesterday - and I even thought to myself that it would be nice to escape the way alcohol allowed me to. Then I remembered that I just need to feel the feelings. So I talked to my husband about it, and he listened. And then I went on a lovely walk in our spring temps and began to feel much better. I must remember that the discomfort goes away if we acknowledge it.

The kids have a day off from school, so I’m going to play some games with them. And I may go buy a bird feeder. I love those little creatures… they have such a cheerful effect on my mood!

Best to all.
          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Must. Stay. Off. Amazon.
            Why did I buy a papoose dog carrier?
            yes, folks around here are breaking the stay at home directives, too. Traffic was heavy yesterday. Our beaches are opening today for exercise only. We’ll see how that goes.
            Hubs went to the grocery today, my mercy, who would have thought that this simple task could be so anxiety inducing? Yes, I’m one of the people disinfecting everything.
            Its a beautiful day here, sunshine makes everything better, as does being sober. Stay the course, everyone!
            Hugs to all! Byrdie
            Last edited by Byrdlady; April 27, 2020, 12:44 PM.
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hola gang,

Free online courses for anyone looking for alternatives to 'farmer wants a wife' 'Ninja chefs go west' or 'Bucks night break ups'

Class Central • #1 Search Engine for Free Online Courses & MOOCs

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

It was cloudy but dry all day so I was able to get my mental health & BP lowering walk in so I’m happy.
                The dog training is going well, I think she knows something is very different especially when you try to walk by those little white flags, haha! Technically it’s supposed to take 14 days for your dog to fully understand the consequences of leaving her designated ‘pet area’. We’re doing OK so far & soon I can stop apologizing gto neighbors & anyone walking by, Lol

Byrdie, why did you buy a papoose dog carrier??? Ha ha! You can always return it unless you think Rubi would tolerate being stuffed into a bag. My dog is too big & heavy for something like that, thank the universe

I have been thinking about LC & hoping she’s OK. I think Berlin was pretty hard hit with the virus. Belle, please check in too!

None of us have any clue what’s going to happen in a week or two but I would highly advise everyone to be very careful re-entering society. Just because some idiot politician says it’s OK now doesn’t mean it’s true. Listen to the scientists, please. They do know what they’re talking about.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest for all.
                Much love,
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Byrdie - a papoose dog carrier???

G - thanks for the course site link!

Pauly - wow that's really hot for this early in the year. Hope that's not a sign of the year to come.

Lav - yep, my wife and I were just talking today about being extracautious in the first few weeks when things open up. I wish more people would listen to scientists about a LOT of things, but instead people listen to whomever tells them what they want to hear (or what they already agree with). Glad things are going well with your pup.

LC and Belle - hope you'll check in soon

Hi Ava, Pav, Nar, Kensho, and everyone else stopping by the nest. Have good eves and days!

Take care everyone
                  Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Morning nesters, Byrdie! You sound like me buying crazy stuff off the internet! Then it comes and I'm like why'd i buy this-and it's worse cuz we're completely sober while hitting the "buy now" button yikes! Wags and Lav I think it's probably gonna be enforced that we're cautious anyways, some things I think should stay are the one way aisles in the grocery store, the plexiglass shields between the cashier and customer in the store, no hand shakes, crowd control in businesses and I'm sure I have a few more that are actually beneficial in our everyday lives anyways, shoot by being so cautious with masks and hand washing there may be far fewer cases of colds and flu later on as well, I too wonder how LC is? Also Overit I wish would check in, yes it's embarrassing to post you drank over and over but who gives a hoot! There's barely anyone here who got it right the first time except maybe my friends Mick and Lav, the rest of us kind of needed our training wheels reattached a few times! I have bacon stuck in my teeth so off to find a dental pick, that feeling irks me haha, much love and hopes for an easy AF day!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi, All:

Here's a good story about why it is good to let scientists take the lead - compares Washington state and New York responses: Seattle’s Leaders Let Scientists Take the Lead. New York’s Did Not | The New Yorker

Not much to say. Byrdie? Do you need a shopping intervention?

x

Comment

Happy Un Hung Tuesday everyone!

I will read that article Pav, thanks.

Byrdie, I bought winter boots last week and we are going into summer. Today I put them downstairs in storage. Pauly, that buy button is way to easy to push.

Have a good one everybody, I am going to sit in the sun on my balcony and enjoy my coffee. It is warm and sunny here today- Yay!!

Don't drink today please.
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Such a beautiful sunny day here but the pollens are gross. Such is life when you have allergies!
                          Heading back into rain for the next two days, ho hum.

Is anyone else offended by the pictures of Mike Pence visiting staff & patients today at the Mayo Clinic with NO MASK?? WTF?
                          This administration has been offensive since day one. If I was a patient or staff member there I would be looking into suing him or something, damn. Still can’t fix stupid

I’m looking into buying a new Bernina sewing machine. My old one is 30+ years old, it’s time to retire that bugger. It worked great all these years but no more. I don’t mind the expense, it’s a treat for me, LOL

Hello to Wags, Pauly, Pav & Narilly. Hello to the entire crew.
                          Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Yeah, well what can I say? The baby (Rubi) is having a little trouble getting around and I feel bad going for walks without her. I bought one a couple years ago and it’s unwieldy, it has a flat bottom that pokes into my ribs and this one is soft, so we’ll see. An intervention may be in order later in the quarantine so be on the lookout for additional warning signs. :haha:

We had a good lunch today, so that made things a little better. I made some fried okra and it was quite tasty. Add high cholesterol to my issues during house arrest. I AM SO HAPPY THAT I’m not trying to juggle booze on top of all this. (I accidentally hit the all caps key, but I think Ill keep it) I thank my lucky stars that I am sober.

Speaking of [MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION], he shared an encouraging article about a vaccine that Oxford University is seeing success with, so that was a bright spot. I’m trying to be patient, but so far my retirement has stunk.
                            Otherwise, all is well and, for that, I am thankful! Hugs to all! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi gang,

Keep it rolling Byrdie. You are amazing Ma'am. Didn't Ava have a pram set up for walking her dog awhile back? I am so grateful to be sober too, and to have slashed that heavy ball and chain that used to be permanently fixed to my ankles. Why i was just saying to a few people this morning on my thread (me, myself and I) that waking up sober never, ever gits old. With sobriety comes mind peace and for me contentment, with some splurges of happiness even.

LC. Calling LC, LC.....come in LC....over.......

Overit.....calling overit.....come in Overit......check 1,2....is this thing on?

Sunshine Nar? Oh yeah!

That new sewing machine sounds cool Lav. Can we see a pic later?

Gonna check out Micks article. Human trials of a vaccine began in UK last week i think.

Take care and take it easy out there. Big waves and butt bumps.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Ah, now I understand the doggie papoose idea - we actually have something similar for our pup. It's called the K-9 pack and you can wear in to carry the dog on your chest or on your back. We originally got it so we could take her along on some of our bike rides, but we haven't graduated to that level yet. We have taken it on a few hikes - she starts off on foot but when she gets too tuckered it's into the pack so we can take a longer hike. Good for you Byrdie - I hope your pup enjoys the new one you got.

Lav - a new sewing machine sounds awesome. No comment on the veep with no mask - I have nothing positive to say about any of the dangerous clowns in this administration.

Nar - enjoy your sunshine!

Pav - that's an interesting article - thanks for the link.

Pauly - I agree about some of the changes (like in stores, and like no handshakes) being good ideas to keep for at least awhile and maybe longer.

LC, Belle, Overit - sending special hellos and support to each of you. Overit, Pauly is right - most of us needed multiple tries to get our quits on the right track. There's no shame in struggling. If anyone understands what you're going through it's this group.

To everyone else stopping by the nest today or this eve, hope you all are doing well.
                                Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Working...
                                X