Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

hey people, about this hour 6 months ago i finished my last beer. i've stayed AF since.
    despite relapsing into smoking pot for a while until some weeks ago, i've found that staying clear of the stuff these last few weeks isn't that much of an issue anymore either. even while struggling in some other areas, i feel firm in my desire to stay present with whatever life brings.
    although i haven't posted here, i didn't relapse anymore.

thank you so much for supporting me in getting here. :heartbeat: :heartbeat:
    AF since Jan 2nd 2020

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Julia, Congrats on your 6 months AF, yay! You have done a great job & have dealt with your pot setback very well! Good to see you today.

Nora, goodness, welcome back woman haha!! Always good to see you!

Wags, I hope your weekend is fun & relaxing by the water

Pauly & Pav, glad you are both doing well.

Byrdie, I am so happy you did not go to that shower. I sure hope the mom-to-be stays healthy, geez!
      I just read about the Alabama students putting money in a pot & trying to catch Covid to win the pot. Talk about dumb

Narilly, Happy Canada day to you & I’m happy to hear you are being careful, especially with your Mom.

I was absolutely happy to get out yesterday for the first time since February BUT it’s not something I plan to do frequently. The conditions were controlled & I knew the people I would be coming into contact with, felt safe. I don’t want to do anything stupid & wind up getting sick, for sure.
      Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello Nesters,

I popped in after a long time. And how world has changed since then. New words came in dictionary like social distancing &Covid. As some of you know I live in New Delhi , India and situation is quite grim here. The has not left any part the world and despite a vert strict lockdown for 2 months there virus is still very much around.

Today I am in distress and could not sleep the whole night. One of our staff members in our factory met with an accident on foot while returning home. He apparently had a fracture with bone exposed. Before minor surgery he was tested and was declared Covid+ Post surgery one day later Covid took over and he passed away. Very shocking for our office how someone can go away so fast.

I never felt afraid of this virus but now I am beginning to feel scared of it.

Other than this I am cycling like crazy and of course no drinks

Byrdlady it’s good you didn’t go to baby shower safety is most important

Lav going to a restaurant felt like ages ago. I am glad you had a good time.

Pavati, turmeric is very commonly used in Indian diet, lately I have been having it mixed with warm milk it a good thing to have.

It’s good to see my fellow MWO community strong here and doing well. I wish you are a safe time.
        Rahul
        --------------------------------------------
        Rewiring my brain ... done ...
        Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
        Rebooting ... done ...
        Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Rahul and Nora, what a pleasant surprise to see you both!
          Rahul, I’m so sorry to hear this devastating news about your coworker. This is just an awful situation the world is in. The virus is running rampant here in the US, too, as you know. I am very anxious about it. We seem to be having record setting days, I really don’t know where this is all going. It is very scary. I just hate to hear about your coworker, I can’t imagine! Your whole office must be crushed. I am so sorry.

Wags, yes, give the Turmeric a try, it took about a month for me to really notice a difference, I woke up one day and realized I didn’t ache so much. Funny, you don’t realize you are feeling better as it’s happening. It’s like the absence of something...good luck!

Great job, Julia, on 6 months AF! :yay: Just amazing! Congrats! We are so proud of you! Keep up the great work!
          Stay safe and sober! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Nesters,

Gosh, so much going on in this crazy world. I don't really know what to think.
            Byrdie, good on you for staying home. I also don't understand the decision to have a baby shower in times like these.. as far as I'm concerned, there's not much that can't be postponed in the name of safety. It feels surreal to be living in a place where covid seems like a thing of the past (not really, but with the way things have opened up here, borders, travelling, etc.) when in so many countries it's worse than ever. I'm quite worried about my parents in AZ, as they know they won't be getting a hospital bed if they get sick. Fortunately they're being ultra safe/careful.

Rahul, I'm so sorry to hear about your coworker.. I hope you're able to stay safe. I can imagine social distancing is much more difficult there than in many places, with so many people living in the cities.. my thoughts are with you.

Julia, well done on 6 months af! What an accomplishment. I'm glad you're finding ways to deal with/accept life without the weed.. it's sounds like you're feeling strong.

Happy belated Canada Day, Nar! Gosh, I hear you with the shopping.. I had to go the other day to get shoes for my girls.. here you have to wear a mask and they only let a certain number of people in at a time, which is great. I got there 30 minutes early so we could get in first. But I hate wearing a mask.. I feel so claustrophobic and I get all sweaty. I guess I'm saving money, though!

Wags, have a wonderful time at the river!

Lav, Pav, Pauly, Nora, NS, Gman, Kensho, hugs and love to you all..
            let's make it a good af Thursday!
            Last edited by lifechange; July 2, 2020, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Hot outside so I’ve been inside most of the day. I have plenty of projects going on so it’s not a big deal.

Rahul, I am so sorry to hear about your coworker. It’s true, things can change in an instant & accidents are especially scary. I have. To give thanks every morning for the opportunity to have another day because we never know. Please take care of yourself & stop in more often.

Byrdie, our governor issued mandatory mask wearing yesterday when out of your house!! There are still plenty of non-believers though & I don’t know how that order can possibly be enforced. If people would only care for others as much as they care for themselves we wouldn’t be having the mask issue.

LC, good to see you & glad to hear you & your girls are being careful. Keep practicing with the mask - you will get used to it after a while
              I hope your parents in Arizona plan to stay close to home. The outbreak there has been pretty bad lately as it is in the southern states & Florida. We all need to be careful!

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi, All:

Slow few days in the nest. I hope everyone is ok.

It is nice to have this day off. However, my husband had direct contact with someone with Covid, so he is in quarantine. We live in a quite small apartment with only one bathroom, so it is pretty difficult to stay completely away. He's sleeping in a different room, and we're not hanging out together. Boy do I hope he doesn't test positive!

Belle, how are you and your family?

Rahul, good to see you drop by and very sorry about your friend. For some reason I didn't realize New Delhi was your home - I thought you travelled a lot in India for business but lived elsewhere. I imagine it is difficult in such a populous city. Take good care.

Happy Canada Day, Narilly. I hope you celebrated by staying safe!

Hi to everyone else. Have great SOBER weekends.

Pav

Comment

Happy Un Hung Friday everyone.

Hello Rahul and Nora. So sorry about your co worker Rahul, that is awful. India has such a large, dense population, I can't imagine how hard it must be to contain this virus. My parents are from Punjab so I know a bit about India.

Sheesh Pav, I really hope your hubby is not positive! Holy crap.

I have found it hard to get into the MWO website lately, it is super slow. I tried to log in yesterday and basically gave up. Has anyone else been having problems?

Hope all you Americans stay safe on this holiday. It is a good time to just stay home.

Dont drink today. xo
                  Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                  "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi Nesters!

I've also had problems signing in and getting on a page, Nar.. it's been the case for the past couple of weeks for me.

Pav, big hugs to you and gosh, I sure hope your husband and you all are ok.:love:

It's strange here.. both of my girls are travelling this summer with friends.. my youngest with her bff, who is half Greek and with her dad and my eldest with her bff, who is half Croatian.. so they are following all of the rules, of course... but there have been so few "cases" there (Greece/Croatia), that most of the people don't follow any rules. It's going around here in the media, that the reason for the low rates of infection/death is due to the fact that they aren't testing.. so if they aren't testing, they can't rule that Covid is a reason for deaths.. and if the deaths haven't increased/are not actually higher than normal..??
                    I found that interesting.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but I'm also not happy with the way the fear/some misinformation has been spread.

Full stop!

So little happening in my life, that I don't feel I have much to share.. but I want to keep constant here..
                    I'm heading to my friends house for the weekend..she had 4 chickens and lots of garden work, so I know I'll be busy..

love to you all!!
                    Last edited by lifechange; July 3, 2020, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Hi Everybody,
                      As usual I have lost track of days...cannot believe it is July 4 holiday time already...though it will be much different this year.

So much going on in the Nest. Rahul, what a shock about your coworker. As I have said before, Covid is a sneaky b*stard.

Ava, so glad Cardi got through her surgery and is on the mend. Bonnie's 'desexing' (I so dislike the words 'spay' and 'neuter') is scheduled for July 24. Which happens to be the day we always celebrated Piper's birthday. We did not know her real birthday or year, but knew that July 24 was the day she was tossed out of a pickup truck and some good samaritans found her.

Covid is still taking residence at my home, though nobody is or has been very ill. As I mentioned early last week, daughter's boyfriend went to a cabin in the Shenandoah mountains with 7 friends. After being there for 3 days, his covid test results were delivered: Positive. ALL the boys broke camp and went home Thursday night. I told boyfriend's parents that he should come straight to my house as we are all in quarantine already. They thought about it...and because they have a special needs son, who was also born with underdeveloped lungs...they let boyfriend come here. I think he 'insisted' on it...lol. The best news was that the entire family was tested and everyone else is negative. So I have had an extra teen man/boy here now for 8 days and counting. I am not sure what the criteria will be for him to return home...if ever??? (just kidding there). But he and daughter have kept each other company...and I am wondering if it has been in questionable ways sometimes.

I tested negative. I still think I had covid. the kind that gives you extreme eye pain and headaches for just 3 days and then poof...just like someone hit the off switch...it was gone.

I actually have real work to do today, so better get on it. It is crazy hot out today, so I will take my walk much later and in the dark.

I took a quick trip to the grocery store yesterday and saw at least 3 people either not wearing masks or wearing them on their chins. What is wrong with people. We have a mask ordinance in place here and these people just ignore it and put the rest of us in danger. Why doesn't store management kick these people out!!

No drinking here. Who needs more grief anyway???
                      BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Belle, it is great to hear you are doing so well. Great also that no one in your family is getting the 'bad version' of Covid.

I've been very busy the last couple weeks and when I did have a moment, so often could not get on MWO. When I did get on, I didn't have much to say for some reason.

I'm thinking of all of you, though, and hoping everyone is doing well in all ways. xx, NS

Comment

Morning nesters

Julia congrats on 6 months af, keep it up, its something i dont miss at all anymore and wonder why i ever drank.

Rahul, that is such a sad story, take care of yourself and the family.

LC, i would be worried sick if my kids decided to travel but we cant get out of Australia, actually we cant get out of our State. Melbourne seems to be getting all of the covid cases so we have suburbs in lockdown and people crying on the tv as they cant meet friends for coffee. If everyone followed the rules, which are quite simple really, then this wouldnt happen. Humans are very very slow learners.

Cardi is fine and dandy, what surgery! My washing machine karked it the other day so had to buy a new one and thats about all of the excitement in my life. I am getting new carpet in my bedrooms this coming Wednesday so i really have to clean my bedroom.

Belle, glad to see your fam are all ok. Good luck with Bonnies surgery, Piper will be looking after her. Mads never had a birthday date so i always made it the 11th March. We got Mads off a friend of mine and my daughter wanted her and i said no but i was drunk and ended up saying yes of course. The best drunk decision i ever made and there werent many of good decisions drunk!

take care and be safe xx
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Greetings Nesters!

Hot one today with a high of 97 humid degrees, yuck!
                            Spent most of the day in my kitchen creating good things to eat because I will not cook outside in this heat even if it is a holiday weekend, haha!

Pav, keeping my fingers crossed for your husband & you :hug:

Narilly, those issues with getting on the site happen from time to time but right now I’m not having any problem. Hope you have a good weekend.

LC, glad to see you regardless of what you have to say
                            Your girls are lucky to have the ability to travel around, I hope they have fun & stay safe! I was 40 before I first traveled to Europe but would have loved to have gone sooner. With all the current BS going on we can’t even leave the US, sigh.

Belle, I hope everyone heals quickly & you stay safe!

NS, always good to see you! This is such a weird time & it’s tiring some days to have to keep changing plans & adjusting our thinking. I believe if we hang in there & do what the experts tells us to do we will be OK. Hang in there!

Ava, my appliances don’t seem to last very long these days either. I’m spending all my retirement funds replacing machines, haha! Glad Cardi is doing well. I love new carpeting, we got new carpeting in our bedrooms 2 years ago. Enjoy your purchases

Hello to the rest of the nest & wishing everyone a safe & comfy night.
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hey all. Staying in this weekend, traffic is a mess out there, you’d never know we have record setting Covid case numbers. It’s insane. I just shake my head!
                              Its only Friday, not a ticket to BoozeVille! Stay safe and healthy, everyone. Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hey Nesters,

Happy July 4th to those in the US!
                                No celebrations this year, no fireworks & picnics but I sure have memories of all that in the past. Hopefully next year we can have a regular family gathering.
                                WE decided to get out for a ride today & ended up at the outlet shops. Practically no one there for the big sales. Only 15 permitted in any store at one time & everyone was masked. Did a little shopping since it seemed safe. It was nice. Just to get out for a change of scenery

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X