Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hi, All:

The conversation went well. There were tears (not mine) but I said what I needed to say and now we can move past it. I was surprised at how much anger I was holding in - it is a long story but the person who had been planning to leave decided not to. That was a big deal, so we had to work out what happened. And yes, Lav, I do tend to inflate problems with my worrying or over-thinking situations.

Good to see you pop by, Mr. G. What is up with you? Anything new? Any new insights to teach us?

Kensho, that is so sad, especially about the 7 year old. I do think it is easier to spot an alkie from this side of it all. I hope she figures it out.

Narilly, sorry about the loss of your classmate and the behavior of your husband and the gang, but the most exotic thing about your post is being with people at a bar. Ours here have been shut since March. Hope you were safe! (outdoor bar??) I do always feel smug when I get to be the DD and feel good in the morning.

Hi, Belle - good to see you pop by, too.

Wags, now I'm second guessing myself. DID I post something? Oh, lord, getting old is not for the weak.

Happy SOBER Tuesday. Have a great one.

Pav

Comment

Hi Nest. Another day, another cup of coffee. Listening to the birds, cringing at the morning news, and making a list. We are going to attempt to go backpacking this weekend for two nights. I used to go all the time, but since we got our pop up 10 years ago, I haven't slept on the ground (except once and that did't go well!). A big thing to plan for, but a fun thing to show the kids! I'm a little worried about my neck, as it has been pretty sore! But I'm sure I will survive.

I have to admit that I'm really enjoying sleeping later in the morning. This 6:30 am wake up, just to get my family out the door for work and school was never my favorite. Though I'm longing for the kids to have some productive school-age kid interaction, I am also worried about what school will mean for the spread of the virus. (AND I love sleeping in).

That's all for me. LAV, I like dirt roads better (and add in some wild raspberry bushes along the way), so that is how I'm going to imagine your place.

Good to see you G! And Belle. I'm so proud of you for instructing your husband to be a part of the solution. Don't ever stop doing that. Do what you need for you; it's a very small sacrifice for him, and a life-changer for you!

Have a good day everyone!
      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi, Nest

Good to hear everyone is hanging in there.

Not much going on here but wanted to say, Hi.

I hope you're adjusting to your dietary restrictions, Kensho, and feeling better each day.

Take care, NS

Comment

Originally posted by Pavati View Post
          Hi, All:

Good to see you pop by, Mr. G. What is up with you? Anything new? Any new insights to teach us?

Pav
          Hi Pav. You bet. But don't forget, i'm just an apprentice. One thing i've learned is - I know less and less everyday. :happy2: Work is rolling along luckily. I can still get out to run/exercise so i'm not going totally insane. Making music at home. Family is ok. Hope you and yours are doing ok. glad u got that meeting out of the way.

Hi Belle. Take care over there.

K dawg, i hope your friend will come to her senses sooner rather than later. It is a terrible loop to be trapped in, and of course we have a ripple effect. Take care of yourself.

Take care evabody.
          Last edited by Guitarista; July 21, 2020, 04:01 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Humid greetings Nesters,

Apparently there’s some chance that we may get storms tonight, sure hope so anyway!
            You know those grossly overgrown zucchinis in everyone’s garden - tonight I grated up 2 & made zucchini fritters, yum
            Not much else going on here.

Belle & Wags, good to see you both!

Pav, glad your meeting worked out well.
            I found out a long time ago that most of the stuff we worry about never happens. All that wasted energy, huh?

Kensho, if I attempted to sleep on the ground now someone would need to bring in a crane to get me up on my feet, haha! Have fun & do that stuff while you can

NS & G, hello to you as well.

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

107* heat index. I’m here to tell you, it’s hotter’n 40 yards of hell.

Kens, when I first began my last job, they started at 7 am, so I was getting up at 5:45. Over time, And after that early bird boss left, I got up at 6:15 and was usually in my home office chair by 7:30. I went to bed at 9:30. Nowadays, I’m staying up til 10 but waking up at5:30, WTH? Of course, the pandemic is effecting my sleep. I was hoping to have unlimited shut-eye once I retired, but it isn’t working out that way.

Nobody can spot an alike like an alike. I hate to hear that another marriage has been effected by AL. I can’t imagine what must be going on out there during all this.
              Sleeping on the ground makes my whole body hurt in advance. Maybe you can take an air mattress and a cappuccino machine to help? I have decided I’m not the camping type, I’m just too high maintenance. I’m going to need a fan’s noise to help me sleep and a hair dryer and curling iron and two big cups of coffee with whipped cream in the morning. I exhaust myself.
              Did I mention the heat? We took Rubi out for a brief walk and we all came in and collapsed in the air conditioning.
              Lav, the comet was cool. It’s higher up than I thought, just below the Big Dipper.
              My neighbor takes a prescription drug, Linzess for irritable bowel. It’s $450/ month. She asked me to help her find a place in Canada to order it so I spent a good bit if the day on that. Then she said her hubs doesn’t want her to use her credit card online because it might get hacked, and asked me if I would use mine. Umm, what about mine getting hacked? I suggested she call the place directly and give them her payment info. I need to get out from the middle of this one. Narilly, you’re in Canada, aren’t you? If your hubs has a gastro doctor, maybe I could give her that name and her doc could refer her to him? I don’t know, these online drug companies worry me. Just a thought. I can’t believe drugs cost so much. That’s a car payment.
              Otherwise, not much going on here, as you can tell, living about 10% of life with our case numbers exploding. No Al in sight, just how I want it. Hugs to all, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Yo y'all. W'dup.

Hiya Byrdie,

Re your neighbour. I bought antabuse online a couple of years ago from India, as here they'd either run out or it was on hold under investigation around seizures or some such side effect if u drink with it. Only ordered once, but no problem. The meds forum had many folks ordering baclofen online from India and other sources with no issues usually either. Of course, she must do her due diligence and suss out the supplier, but it's rare to be ripped off. IB online forums will probably help with some kosher sources. I reckon it's down to her or her hubs to work it out.

Lav, don't tell us you have paved roads there! I want to stick with my picture also of a tranquil house on a dirt road among the trees and cows.

L8tr g8trs. Take it easy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Whew. Deep sleep, dreaming vivid dreams right until the alarm. I was waiting tables... my classic "overwhelmed" dream. They put me in charge of tables without being trained on their POS systems, made me cook the sandwich, there weren't enough glasses, etc. Then I got a new table. Sound familiar with your current design projects Kensho? Hmmm. The difference is that I (mostly) know what I'm doing now, but I need to be careful not to take on too much. I was spread WAY too thin for way too long (enter... alcohol).

It's a partly sunny morning here, coffee in hand. I emailed my son's teacher from last year (who, coincidentally, I waited tables with before we got different jobs), because I dreamed of her as well the night prior. Asked what's up and she said it was really challenging now right before start of school because the big guys won't listen to teacher voices. What a weird, up-in-the-air situation right now. I'm along for the ride!

I get to see my mom today! I've made them some custom masks, now that I have their sizing right.

LAV, how were the fritters?

Byrdie, sounds like a bad joke about the sleep! Maybe it will iron out over time. You have NOT had a proper retirement send off I dream of retirement and sleeping in, but all my parents get up early too, so I should sneak the snooze button in when I can now!

Hi humble Master G. Glad you're rolling along. Your attitude inspires me
                  Last edited by KENSHO; July 22, 2020, 09:04 AM.
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi, All:

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                    One thing i've learned is - I know less and less everyday. :happy2:
                    Ain't that the truth. I was talking to a younger colleague about how many more shades of gray there are on every issue I used to think was black and white. Don't get me wrong, there are still some absolutes in my mind, but I am better able to see nuances in people and situations.

Byrdie - that is such a weird story. Mr. G has good advice, but so weird that the husband "won't let" her use a credit card and she wants to use yours? People have a lot of nerve...

Kensho - I LONG to go backpacking. I would love to be in the open air, wilderness, away from people. Have a great time.

Not much to add. Happy SOBER Hump Day.

Pav

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

We’re in another thunder storm again but this time we’re actually getting some rain, haha! Things have been getting pretty brown & dried up looking out there.
                      I made a huge dish of vegan mac & cheese so we’ll be eating good for the rest of the week. I steamed up some green beans fresh from the garden too, yum. The zucchini fritters were good yesterday & even better for lunch today. I roasted pork on Sunday so my husband adds pork to all his meals, I don’t but that’s OK.

Byrdie, I would advise your neighbor to call her Dr & let them know she’s having a hard time paying for her meds. They often have coupons from the manufacturers they could give her or just switch her to something better priced. I know people who buy Visa/Mastercard gift cards to use for online purchases so that’s another way of protecting your credit.

G, there’s a ton of mud & horse poop on my car so it looks like we have dirt roads here, Lol. The farmers drive their equipment from farm to farm & leave a lot of dirt on the roads & the Amish drive their horse & buggies leaving a lot of horse poop on the roads. Cleaning the outside of your car is basically a waste of time.

Kensho, stress dreaming is something i did a lot whenI was young & agree it’s extremely annoying.
                      Retirement does not mean more sleep because usually by the time you retire you’ve reached the age where you can’t sleep for anything. Doesn’t seem fair
                      I feel sad for the teachers, this coming school year is going to be something no one prepared for.

Pav, nothing stays the same & we can choose to fight the changes or accept them & go along. At least that’s the way my life has gone. I got tired of fighting absolutely everything/everyone & just gave up. I had to learn the hard way that others are not going to do what you thought was right - if I’m making any sense. The good thing is I am no longer a worrier about everything & everyone

Hello the the rest of the gang & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, I tried GoodRx and Singlecare and the manufacturer’s website for a coupon, they had one, but if you are on Medicare, you don’t qualify. Her doctor suggested Canada. I didn’t hear from her today, so I hope she got it worked out.
                        Hot as heck here. We finished up Schitts Creek. It is a wonderful, mindless series and funny. Just what I needed!
                        Kensho, I had a crazy dream about Martha Stewart. She invited me to a party and had hideously elaborate cookies and such. She had a hot pink memory foam recliner, where’d I cook that up? Dreams are so odd! I’ll have a ham and cheese on wheat, when you get time!
                        Stay safe and sober, all! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hello everyone,

Haven't been here for a while. Still steadfastly sober, but boy, it takes some effort some days!

My M-I-L, who lives in a nursing-home, has tested positive to Covid19. So far she is asymptomatic, so we're seeing how things go over the next week or two. Partner is drinking like crazy.

I live in the same town as Ava & Mr G, and we're now two weeks into our second lockdown. This is a crazy time. I used to cope with my issues by looking outwards. If I took note of what was going on in the world, it kept my own challenges in perspective. I can no longer do that; the entire world is in disarray. So I am looking within, and maintaining my sobriety muscles.

I'll read back now, and see how others are faring. Peace to all.
                          Steady
                          AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Evening nesters

Lav, i am feeling you in the heat, its hard enough just to get a drink of water some days. i would hate you to have a heart attack and rely on the cows to help you but i am sure your fur baby would run to find someone!

Kensho, that is sad about your friends. I hope she finds help but as we all know until she is ready she wont. I am great at spotting alkies too. i remember my ex and i visited a friend of his and i said she was an alkie, he of course didnt believe me until she got abusive towards me for not doing something on a 45 degree day. i still even think the ex is still denying that she is "that bad". Had a chuckle about sleeping in. Even working from home, i start work at 6am or 5am if i am awake. Just in case i ever get back to work which at the moment is not until 2021 at least. I just cannot sleep in for the life of me. However, when i drank i woke early but then had to take some paracetamol to kill some other organ and pass back out for a few hours. If i get 6 hours sleep its a good night.

Pav, glad your meeting went well. i am an overthinker and have to run through every single scenario possibly known to mankind and it never pans out like that.

G, stay safe. I was very suprised today that every person i saw had a mask on. Very impressed with the melbournians today. I am also taking up jogging (though i cant jog to save myself) as i dont have to wear a mask. I just cannot go for an hour walk with a mask on but i am thinking it is more for the public places that get busy. though if i see a police car i will jog ha ha.

Steady, hello hello. I have now banned myself from too much news. i watch it when i wake at 6am (ABC of course) and 7pm (ABC again of course) and thats it. Crazy times for sure. Sorry to hear about your MIL, i hope she stays well. Our hospital is getting a lot of staff with covid and not from the patients but more the visitors visiting, so no visitors now. It is crazy at work, you do something one day and then have to change it the next. I do love being home but i think Carl will have extreme separation anxiety if i ever get back to work. Stay safe.

Not much to report from here, work is crazy, taken on more which i dont need, but grateful to be working in these times. I think i have an online ordering addiction now. new vacuum, new washing machine, new mattress, new bed, new bedroom suite. its amazing how much the house needs updating when you are home all the time. Mum has made some more masks which is great so will see how they go. her first ones are good but a bit big though i seem to go out shopping and then get over the mask wearing and come straight home.

Think i am in need of a holiday which will mean staying at home but to be off the computer and to not listen to patients for 8 hours would be lovely. My boss is having 3 months sabbatical leave and i am dreading that one. looking forward to my psych apt i must say.

take care and be safe. xx
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good morning, all.

Ava, we're allowed to take off our masks outdoors if we put them on when passing people. At least I thought we were allowed to do that. Hmmm. Also, I did read an article that shelter in place is NOT good for pets who DO become reliant on the presence of their humans. Carl would have a problem for sure, but does Cardi make him feel better?

Steady - sorry about your MiL. I hope she is ok and never gets symptoms. My secretary has tested positive. We've been at work, but I stay in my office with the door closed mostly, and when we pass we do have our masks on. We talk on the phone or outside. So far she has the flu-like symptoms and feels terrible, but not the worst. No trouble breathing. And you won't drink because you don't drink, right? Come get some support here if you need it.

Alcohol made sleep so bad that my friends had a phrase - EAAS - early alcohol awakening syndrome - as a joke. It was no joke and I am so grateful for the better sleep that I get without alcohol.

Hope you all have a great, sober Thursday.

Pav

Comment

Ava, you're cracking me up. Glad your organs are taken care of these days! People's home-improvement desires are keeping me in business, grateful for that!

We are ready for the backpacking adventure. Wouldn't you know it but my dog is sick. Like weird sick... very lethargic and sort of cold feeling. Hoping to nurse her toward feeling better today. She goes through weird stuff like this sometimes, just bad timing now.

Hi Steady. Sorry to hear about your MIL. That must be stressful and scary. Are you able to communicate with her easily?

Byrdie if I had a memory foam recliner, it would be hot pink. Why go small? Maybe your sub-conscious needs a little adventure. The more I read about celiac, the more I see connections with Chrone's and Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Have you ever cut out gluten to see if it helps your symptoms? I also learned that the typical blood test they do for gluten only measures one type of gliadin, when there are several. My gliadin was normal so my blood test didn't register as positive, but my saliva test for Alpha-gliadin, Glutenin, Gluteomorphin, Wheat Germ Agglutenin and Transglutaminase 2 were very high. There is a camp that believes gluten intolerance is the root of many other inflammatory gut issues.

Anyway, not much else to report. We have not locked down for a second time, but I wouldn't be surprised if we do come fall. I have not minded the slow pace. The uncertainty is more uncomfortable. Having some design projects keeps me distracted, but I am really hoping for some serious world changes. We are just not operating like a species that wants to survive. Ug.

Hugs to everyone today. Life is SO much better without alcohol!
                                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X