Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi, Lil! Can you believe these temperatures? It's 15 F here! Not nice at all! You sound good and positive, too. Are you an Idol fan? There was a guy that made it to this week that was from Blanchester. That's just outside of Wilmington. He was really good, but he got cut this week. He works at a Lowes in Wilmington. Just a little trivia for today!
    Renewal, how is it out there in AZ land? Is it warm? If so, be a friend and send some to Ohio!
    SDL, You sound great! It's nice to know somebody is out travelling and enjoying life! I hope to do that when spring break arrives; end of March. Great that you kept up with your goals!
    Here's a dumb question. I keep seeing "lmao" in people's posts, and I can't figure out what that stands for. Could someone enlighten me?
    Have a great day, Nesters.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Gang
      LMAO-laughing my ass off
      I am on so many threads that I think I forgot the Nest yesterday. I am sorry. I am still AF. Day 9. This is as far as I made it last time, so I have to be careful. My doggie is feeling better and I am taking her back to the EX today. I have an appointment this morning to try and get some financial assistance until I can get back to work. Definitely going to an AA meeting tonight. Hope you all have a great day.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

TGIF

Happy Friday, Nestlings!

Whoohoo... almost weekend!
        This weekend may be tricky for me. This afternoon I'm taking my daughter to her b/f (a little over an hour away) - then come home to an empty house. Nobody will be back until Sunday night. You can't imagine (nonsense... I'm sure you CAN imagine) the nasty thoughts that are creeping in.

SD... thanks so much... LOL.... hmm... kick his ass, eh? I did mention Mr. Wonderful is 6'4, right? :H He's been away since Monday - he's traveled to our nation's capital to have laser eye surgery. Could have done it a little closer to home, but his oldest lives in Ottawa so he's bunking there to recover until Sunday. I did send him a link to the 30 day thread yesterday... of course, he wouldn't have known. This is what he answered "Allow me to add my congratulations. I know this may sound patronizing, but I am immensely proud of you. Your abstinence is obviously a source of inspiration to your peers and to me as well."

Dilly, I agree... you sound wonderful these days. Sea... great news on the pooch. Mine seems to be feeling better as well. He wasn't really 'sick'... but something was off. Can't put my finger on it. Lilmea... *wave* I see you shivering over there! Renewal - good luck at work... hope you will have an uneventful 2 days.

Anywhoo... probably should get my butt to work (what a silly expression, really... unless you're in a toilet seat testing/quality control inspecting kinda profession). I'll check in and up on you chicklets later!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Friday Morning!!
          Snowing here!! But it's the weekend so can't complain!!
          Sunshine--did I say kick his ass---I meant shin...I bruise like a summer fruit!!
          Lil, Dill, Sea, PR--You all have a wonderful, restful (some more than others) and goal making day!!! You too Sun!!! Hey---has UNG returned from her vacation??? Off to work..I made the bully of the school cry today...it's been a good day...I just KNEW that kid had feelings in there somewhere I'm horrible, I know~~we call that progress!! lol!
          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
          7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just popping in for a minute in between projects. Decided to clean out closets. Why-i don't know. So far haven't found any hidden surprises, either full or empty!

Dilly-I graduated highschool from Blanchester, Oh. I've never been on Idol although I do shop at Lowes here in In. :H

Sea-congrats on 9 days. I hope your appointment goes well. Sounds like a AA meeting is a good call. If you need any support between now and then you know you can come here.

Shivering and waving at SD and SS-hope your doggie is ok SS

Well on to the next closet.

ss
            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hahahahah... SD - you're a meanie! Making lil kids cry. Don't you know about their fragile little souls? Haven't you read the books? :H

Lilmea... I know, I've mentioned this to someone else before... I have PLENTY of closets to clean... if you run out and all.... :H Yeah, dog is better, gonna take him out in a bit, before I leave for the afternoon.

Be good and be safe, all you cold lil birdies! And, the warm ones, too. Speaking of which - where's Betty?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, It's Friday. I just got home from work and face witching hour. Thought I'd peek in on the nest and I was happy to find it full of chatter! OK. That does it. I'm going to make it through another day!

Thanks, Sea, for the explanation re: lmao. Quite descriptive. Hmmm.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,
                  I have not been here for a few months however; I am back and on day 3. The weekend will be tought but I will try to be strong. I made it 3 months last time AF. So here goes...
                  HW

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning All! Welcome back help wanted. Last night was difficult, biggest cravings ever. I even found myself thinking 'just one and noone would know'. In the end I knew I'd be letting myself down, so I stuffed my face with pizza and watched some mind - numbing tv. The lesson learned is that I need to have a plan for Friday nights. Have a big company BBQ this afternoon, organized by the staff which is great. Most of them don't drink, and they have games planned, so am looking forward to it! Have a great weekend Nesters - Sunshine, I envy your 'alone time' Lol!
                    xxB
                    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Betty you rock.
                      vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunshine, I envy your 'alone time' Lol!
                        Ohhhhh.. don't. 'Cause I didn't make it tonight. But, I didn't get shit faced and I did get some much needed stuff said and sorted (with my son)... I don't really see this as much of a set back - back to AF tomorrow (or today, I should say)... sleep well, birdies.. will chirp at you in the morning!

Renewal hun... how are you doing? You should be back right about now, from the graveyard shift?

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Yeah Sun...just got home....another 'crazy night in paradise'...pretty pooped....at it again in a few hrs.....goodnight my little ones....sweet dreams to all!
                          PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunshine_gg;553803 wrote: Ohhhhh.. don't. 'Cause I didn't make it tonight. But, I didn't get shit faced and I did get some much needed stuff said and sorted (with my son)... I don't really see this as much of a set back - back to AF tomorrow (or today, I should say)... sleep well, birdies.. will chirp at you in the morning!

Renewal hun... how are you doing? You should be back right about now, from the graveyard shift?

Sunshine......I still :h you!!!!
                            RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning little nesters!
                              Yes, SS, I say just get back on the wagon. Move forward, my dear! Giddy-up! (Is that what they say to horses pulling wagons?) :h

:welcome:Welcome back, Helpwanted! I'm impressed that you went 3 months. That certainly shows you can do it!

April moon, you are such a positive friend! It's great to have you in the nest and elsewhere on the forums! You help me a lot.

Renewal, I just don't know how you manage such an intense schedule! You must promise us that you will take good care of yourself. You mean a lot to all of us. Thank you for this nest!:thumbs:

Lil, I know you'll be up soon. Good morning. I baked some blueberry muffins for you and all our nestlings to celebrate the day!:wavin:
                              Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning chiclets,

"Renewal, I just don't know how you manage such an intense schedule! You must promise us that you will take good care of yourself. You mean a lot to all of us. Thank you for this nest!"

Renewal-I think Dill said it all. So that's that!

Help-Welcome back! I think 3 months is a tricky time for a lot of people. won't know, I'm just working on my second month. Congrats on 3 days and a new start.

Sweaty-You go girl! You are an inspiration to me.

April-You just keep on keepin on-and no rum in the house-you are also an inspiration to me.

Sun-Glad you got somethings sorted out with your son. How old is he? Teenager? Kids-gotta love 'em can't shot 'em!

Dill-Blueberry muffins!! chomp,chomp slurp-very good. Don't worry, I'll clean up my crumbs before papa new gets home!

To all the peeps to follow-have a good day.
                                AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X