Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Morning nesters

Been MIA, had a week off work which was much needed and had a death in the family so its been a week of ups and downs but feeling more settled after a catch up with my psychologist and spending some time just for me.

Belle, i hope life has settled down a bit for you and great plan going out with your daughter. Retail therapy is the best when life gets us down. My house is nearly all refurnished due to covid. There are some positives as before i really never bought anything on line and now.....

My daughter is having some mental health issues which i have been helping her deal with, i have found a psychologist who will see her next week which is great so i am hopeful she will be ok. My other daughter is unemployed and staying for umm not sure how long and my son is now down to working 3 days. Its his 27th birthday today and he is my baby, where does the time go. As we are not allowed anyone to visit it will be a quite day and i will go and buy a cake shortly in my one visit to the supermarket. Thank goodness i can go for a walk once a day. I feel like we have been in lockdown again for about 3 years, i certainly miss the freedom but if it makes our State safe then we do what we have to do.

Kensho, enjoy your camping trip, nothing like a bit of nature.

NS i admire you not saying anything to your SIL as i would have done. I cant tolerate my kids drinking so definitely not someone who goes on and on about it.

Wags, i hope your fur baby is doing better.

A lovely day here (hopefully), will get out for a walk and do some gardening, spring will be here in a couple of weeks and the days are getting longer now. I try to think of the positives in a world that has become skewed.

take care and stay safe xxx
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Quiet day around the homestead for me. Will be away all day tomorrow to attend a memorial service for my DIL’s mom who died way back in February in an accident. Covid has made us wait so long to gather just a few family & friends, sad.

Ava, I am sorry for your family’s loss. Never an easy thing to deal with :hug:
      It’s good that your kids are nearby so they don’t have to deal with all of life’s problems on their own. You are supporting one another & that’s a good thing. I hope everything settles down for all of you.

Pav, we’re finally catching a little break from the extreme heat, now it’s on your coast. Didn’t mean to send it your way. I have asked the universe for some help for all of us.

G, after spending my entire life taking care of everyone but myself I finally learned the hard way. I know know it HAS to be me first or everything falls apart. Lesson learned, right?

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ava - sorry to hear about the death in your family. My condolences to all of you.

Lav - I remember you telling us about that accident. Wasn't your DIL's father hurt too, or something similar? Condolences to all of you as well. I hope that the memorial gathering brings some comfort especially to your DIL and her remaining family.

Pav - yep, heat wave all up and down the west coast it seems. Fingers crossed for no fires and no blackouts, and cooler temps soon!

Well, our pup had a pretty good day today and I think we're turning the corner. We recently switched to a new vet clinic, and the two Drs there are fantastic. I wrote an email to them on Thu asking some questions and giving them an update on how our pup's symptoms and signs have changed. I got a very detailed, lengthy, and personable reply back at almost 10pm last night. It was so reassuring, and they had great suggestions as well as support. I wish I could find a people-doc who is such a great combo of skilled/knowledgeable/personable!

I had the strangest dream (non-drinking) last night. I dreamt that I hadn't taken my shoes off during the entirety of the Covid stay-at-home period (like at all during the past 5-6 months) and in my dream when I finally took them off, I discovered that I had grown new toes off the ends of my existing toes.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And on that note, I shall bid you all goodnight!

Don't drink, no matter what.
        Last edited by wagmor; August 15, 2020, 11:48 PM.
        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi, Nest:

Wags, that dream made me laugh out loud. So funny what our brains will come up with. Was it a scary dream? Or weird? Or just funny? Glad your pup is getting the care she? he? they? needs.

Lav, take care. Are you gathering together now? We are postponing our memorial for a family member until next year or whenever we can actually meet in person.

Did a bunch of chores in extreme heat yesterday and then had a nice dinner and played cards out on the deck. I do like a warm evening, even if we have to suffer in the day to get it.

Happy SOBER Sunday,
          Pav

Comment

Wags, what kind of dream?!
            Ava, I’m sorry about your loss, that is so sad, and in these uncertain times, it’s even more distressing. We are thinking of you.

My niece had her baby last night, a little boy. All are doing well. We are so happy for them, but like Ava’s situation, it was sad that my sister couldn’t be there. What a strange time we are experiencing.
            Wags, this is for you, it’s my new little nephew’s feet!
            2BC1AECE-2AE1-4114-8A3C-EA0F5B332DCA.jpg
            Last edited by Byrdlady; August 16, 2020, 06:49 PM.
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

We got back home just after 6 pm after a 2 1/2 hr ride each way , in the rain, ugh. The service was comforting although I think there may have been a few more than 25 attending which is the current limit in NJ. Wore my mask as did most of my family. My DIL’s dad has healed well from the 11 fractures he endured in the crash but emotionally he has a way to go, naturally.

Wags, your dream is movie worthy, Lol
              Glad you found a good vet for. Your pup, really makes a big difference.

Pav, glad you had a nice evening on the deck, sounds good!

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Cross post Byrdie - CONGRATS on the new family member
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Yep, the dream was truly bizarro!!! And a little disturbing actually, but not scary. It was right before I woke up, and so when I got up I was in this head space like WTF??? I can say that I'm super happy it was just a dream, but our brains do the weirdest things for sure.

Byrdie - congrats on your new family member! Glad mom and baby are doing well. As you, Lav and Ava have all said, perhaps the hardest things that people are missing during this virus are the start- and end-of-life events of friends and family.

Lav - sounds like a nice service. Glad you made it home safe and sound after such a long drive in the rain.

Pav - thanks for the positive thoughts for our pup. She is continuing to get better and I think we've finally turned the corner.

Hellos and waves to everyone passing through the nest this weekend. Here we go with another Monday!
                  Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi evabody,

Byrdy, congrat's on your new addition to the family. Those feet look like they've already done some miles! :love:

Ava, how are you?

I have a few weeks holidays coming up. Can't really go anywhere lol, but it'll be nice to chill, release some music, and not have to talk through a mask and face shield at work! Big waves to y'all.

Take it easy and do something you love everyday, even if only for a few minutes.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Spent the day getting the chicks side of the coop ready & moved all 16 of them out there just before dinner. They looked shocked, haha but they will be fine
                      Just found out my daughter & granddaughter are coming for a visit tomorrow, yay! Always happy to see those two.

Wags, we just had a huge downpour here, probably close to an inch. I wish I could transfer some of this rain to the west coast to help out with things there.
                      Glad your pup is happy & getting healthier. I have to admit I don’t always sleep deep enough to actually get to dreaming but when I do the dreams have been Covid-related lately. Not real pleasant.

G, you enjoy your time off! Nothing wrong with a relaxing stay-cation!!!!!
                      Have fun making music too

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi, Nest:

Happy holidays, Mr. G. Enjoy your time off. I liked my stay at home vacation, but it is hard to relax when everything you "should" do is staring you in the face. Ohm...

Oh, those chicks! Good luck to them. How do the chickens react? Do they get territorial?

Happy SOBER Tuesday. Hope all is well. What's up, Pauly?

Pav

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Pav, good to see you since everyone else seems busy today, so far haha!!
                          The chicks are happy & they are in their own quarters separated from the hens for safety. The chicks are on a different feed until they are ready to start laying eggs at 5-6 months & they still get vitamins & electrolytes added to their water. When they are big enough to fend for themselves then i’ll move them in with the older crew. So now you know

Had a great visit with my girls today & now I need to turn my attention to my sewing & embroidery machines for a few hours.
                          Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav, those chicks are growing up so fast. It seems like just last week when....oh wait, it WAS! They are adorbs! Do the brown ones lay brown eggs? I heard that once and I’m not sure it’s true.
                            well, my big news is that I got a new cookie cutter from Amazon. It makes donut shaped cookies. Exciting, huh? Boy, life has changed since I quit that awful job I had. If I can stay sober during that, I feel like retirement should be a breeze. Now if we can get through this pandemic, then we will have all done yeoman’s dooties.
                            Thank you for the excitement about my new nephew. He is a cutie pie!
                            Hugs to all! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

G - enjoy your holiday time!

Lav - it's fun to vicariously have chickens through you

Pav and others in heat save territory - hope things are starting to cool a bit for you.

Not much exciting to report here. Another day sober in the books though and I'll take that. Hellos and waves everyone!
                              Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi, All:

Be careful asking for excitement - now we have fires all around CA because of weird lightening storms (that we never) get in the dry conditions. Evacuations around (not near me) and a lot of smoke in the air. Very apocalyptic.

Mmm, donuts. And cookies. Yum.

Good luck to the chicks.

x
                                Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X