Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters!
    The wildfires on the west coast are so scary. My heart just bleeds for all who are in harm’s way. I hope Mother Nature will lend her hand to help with those. It appears she’s trying to whip up a tropical storm for us. We are getting no breaks this year. Kensho, did I read you might get SNOW? After it was 101° 3 days ago? This is nuts, I’m convinced we are in a Twilight Zone episode. Good luck as you try and arrange your clothes closet through all this!
    Not much going on here. I am grateful for the simplicity of my life now. Hugs to all, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Another day done and dusted. Feeling much better in myself now im off the meds. Painting is just to keep me occupied but it also gives you great time to sort your thoughts by the time i go to bed its lights out as my brain isnt racing.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Just back from my walk with the dog, still nice enough outside. Tomorrow & Thursday, not so much I hear so I may jump on the dreadmill instead, Lol
        Had a message from my brother in the Sacramento area this morning, he said you almost need a N 95 mask to step out the door, ugh. I’m beginning to think the US is not doing a very good job taking care of the people or the planet & that has to change real soon
        Hopefully Mother Nature will lend a helping hand!!!

Got to say hello to my granddaughter today while she was on her lunch break from her virtual school. She’s happy & thriving despite all this turmoil. We should be more like the kids, haha!
        Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
        Last edited by Lavande; September 8, 2020, 06:10 PM.
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi everyone. I do love reading all the posts here. Such a great group of people.

We have been experiencing smokey skies in So California too. Ash on the cars. We are not that close but obviously close enough.

NS - I love that book and sob when I read it. I will have to find my copy. My Mom gave me that book when my son was a baby. Thank you for reminding me :hug:

Thank you all for the love and support. It is so much appreciated. The nurse was here today and mom's vitals are stable. She said it might be a couple of weeks and explained some of the changes that are coming. Mom is uncomfortable but not in huge pain I think? No food or water for about 5 days now. Anyway, thank you again for all the support.
          Last edited by NoraC; September 8, 2020, 07:52 PM.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

And Byrdie, I agree with Twilight Zone.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm back and I really need your help... I so need day one... can you understand?

Comment

Morning nesters, thanks for the birthday wishes that was Monday and yep orange sun and smoke so thick we couldn't see the strip or mountains! Left me feeling melancholy and creeped out! Yesterday was so damn windy that some people lost power but at least it cleared the air somewhat, Nora your mom's such a fighter, sad to think of why she's holding on but I think it's cuz she loves you and her family and subconsciously don't wanna say goodbye, I know what a wonderful mom she was to you and a sweet person throughout her life((hugs)) to you both, Pav, that sounds like the perfect lazy day off, I love when I'm lazy and don't feel guilty for it, Kensho, I think most of us have had that "thought" if only briefly to try and drink this bullshit away, unfortunately (or fortunately) it won't work anyways I've tried it too many times with different things, everyone keep your head up and try to focus on one thing positive today, it's hard trust me I know but right now it's all we have, much love and wishes for a fab AF day!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tonyniceday View Post
                  Hello everyone, I'm back and I really need your help... I so need day one... can you understand?
                  Tony!!!! I've been looking for you! Glad you're here!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey Pauly, I need to get out of this, I'm so fucked up, I don't want to drink again, but it's in me, and I need to get away from it, nobody in my real life understands...

Comment

Hi, All:

Hi, Tony! Yes, of course I can understand. I can't imagine drinking through all of this mayhem. Bull up a chair and settle in. How can we help? You know what to do - one minute at a time. Find a good distraction and your favorite food for tonight. YOU GOT THIS.

Kensho, good on you for closing that door tight. The first steps of a relapse are psychological. Thoughts are not actions, though, and turning those thoughts around is a great strategy. Glad you had fun camping.

Nora, it was amazing to me how long a body can actually go without food and water. I'm glad you're there with her and can bring her comfort.

Lav, glad you could sneak in a visit with your granddaughter.

The sky here was a sepia tone - yellow and DARK even though it was daytime. There was ash falling from the sky, but it didn't SMELL so smokey. it turns out that there was a layer of clouds/fog between us and the smoke that was above. It truly felt like a Mad Max film. As much as it feels to me like a certain person is the worst of our problems, it is going to be NOTHING if we don't get this climate change under control and fast. I can't imagine what it must be like to have to flee has your home burns during a firestorm... To lose everything in a pandemic. What a terrible thing.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer today. It is strange. I have NO desire to drink. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose control while this is all happening.

Stay strong out there, folks.
                      Pav

Comment

I don't know if I can do my favourite food without wine! I'm just going to bed for a couple of hours sleep now...

Comment

I don't know if I can do my favourite food without wine! I'm just going to bed for a couple of hours sleep now...
                          Not sure. However, The C Three Foundation is very good!
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

I feel lucky because I have one of my grandsons for a few hours. Haven’t seen him in 3 weeks so this is nice. I’m hearing all about his virtual classes for 4th grade

Tony, you know you came to the right place!
                            None of us can fix everything in a day but we can make daily progress when we kick the wine out of our lives. One day at a time is all we have & all that we can do.
                            Get some sleep, drink lots of water & get a plan together for yourself. Check in as often as you can, really helps.

Pav, I just saw a live feed from the airport in San Francisco, wow! It certainly did not look like that when I was there years ago.
                            Stay safe & we’re all saying prayers for relief.

Hello to the whole group & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Don't know if theres anyone still around? Unsurprisingly I can't sleep... I'm also experiencing a horrible withdrawal... I've never felt sobad. Any ideas would be appreciated I have the shakes, a throbbing head and nausea...I will get through this, but would appreciate some advice if theres anyone still around around

Comment

Don't know if theres anyone still around? Unsurprisingly I can't sleep... I'm also experiencing a horrible withdrawal... I've never felt sobad. Any ideas would be appreciated I have the shakes, a throbbing head and nausea...I will get through this, but would appreciate some advice if theres anyone still around around
                                Hey Tony - just saw this now. Drink lots of fluids if you can and eat nutritious foods to combat the withdrawals and nausea. If you can check your BP and pulse to see if the numbers are higher than they should be. Eating sweets might help as well. AL and sugar withdrawals can happen at the same time so maybe some cookies or cake or a sugary soda pop might help. If you are feeling anything more than what you described above, maybe you should go to the hospital so they can monitor you. Your sleep will be all over the place - that is not a problem, just frustrating. The other symptoms you need to keep an eye on....
                                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
                                X