Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hi, all:

Good to see the nest active, and way to go, Frances, Dee Doo and Tony. Frances, do you not want to tell your daughter that you're not drinking? I was quite ashamed when I first quit. I was very disappointed in myself for "letting" myself get like that. Now I talk about it pretty freely (not perfectly still working on shame). Having that White Claw sitting so close as a temptation is HARD - why put yourself through it?

Tony, if three umbrellas aren't enough deterrence, Lav has the Stella to unleash and Ava has a brick. Um, I mean, we're here for you! One of the things that kept me sober a few times was the fact that I would have to come here and fess up to my nest friends. I really, really didn't want to disappoint my quit twin, Ava, who will always be sober one day longer than I will.

The smoke is oppressive here, but we are safe. There are many people who can't say that now, so I am grateful. Wags, I've been thinking of you and hope all is ok.

Not much to report. I think I'm going to deep clean the kitchen today - there are some places that hide dust and other gunk. Maybe I'll get to that drawer even...

Happy SOBER Saturday,
    Pav

Comment

morning nesters

I decided yesterday that i would read back and reply, well that didnt work as i went off on my own tangent somehow. So i thought i would check in and say hello.

7 weeks in lockdown now and hopefully by mid to end of October we will be FREE to go out of our 5kilometre range. woo hoo.

i did manage to go into work on Friday, a co worker got engaged so 11 of us met up for drinks, masked and socially distanced. Working in medical we could never begin to forgive ourselves if we bought on any cases and imagine what the news would do with that one! i was pretty excited so wore a dress and heels and makeup but the mask seemed to get most of the makeup. It was so nice to see other people and my boss is trying to find a spot for a desk for me to work 1-2 days a week with people. i miss the medical chats and my team. i did tell her i would probably spend all of those days talking. I think she has realised i am getting a bit agrophobic working at home as its been since early March that i have been into work.

Carl and Cardi are well, the 3 adult children in my house are well, my house is not so well, no organisation at all.

Tony welcome back and i hope you are doing well. I have a brick but i am sure i wont need to use it, coming on here daily is what got me sober and i still have accountability each and every day.

Nora, i am so sorry to read about your mum, take care of yourself.

Frances, so happy you are a month sober or nearly. whats a few days between friends. You are sounding positive and happy, its amazing how al sucks the life out of you and any happiness you may feel.

Lav, i am glad you are getting cooler weather (well you were when i started trying to reply to the last 7 pages). bet the chicks are big now. Carl seems to have put on some covid weight bless him.

well its a sunday but i have some work to do so better get started. the house is quiet. We have had a lot of rain over the weekend so when it gets daylight i will take carl for a walk.

take care and be safe xx
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi all, just doing my almost daily check-in, still here, still AF, keeping myself that busy painting that I'm asleep before I hit the pillow. Think tonight I will make it an early one and catch up on some much needed sleep. I will find more time for posting when I get the painting finished but in the mean time I'm doing on-line meetings about 3 times a week which does help as well.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Sitting outside in a cool 68 degrees - finally & I’m grateful after this long hot summer.
          All is well in Lav-land, chicks are getting to their obnoxious teenage stage, pecking at my shoes & pant legs every time I goin to check on them haha!

Dee, glad things are going well for you, happy painting!

Ava, just got back from a walk with my dog, we both enjoyed it completely. Nice that you can go back in the office a day or two each week. I’m sure that will help with the cooped up feeling. I feel crazy if I don’t at least get in the car a few times/week & take a drive or hit the grocery store. Enough is enough!

Pav, my kitchen is the most used room in the house so I try to stay after it but there’s always something that needs to be cleaned. I’m praying for some cleaner air for you very soon.

Frances, good job ignoring that drink. You are stronger today for having done that, yay!!

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Nest.
            Wanted to check in on Wags & others in fire zone. We still have ashes but are not near the actual fire.

Mom is still with us. Thanks for the support.

Congrats on a month Frances. Also DeeDoo is doing fantastic. And Tony too! Great job!!
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi,

Checking in gratefully un hung on this Sunday morning. Not much to report.

Except I did just read elsewhere on this site that Mr. G has two years sober as of yesterday. That is an enormous milestone that we should celebrate together! Thanks for showing us how it's done, Mr. G. Thanks for being vulnerable and optimistic, and for sharing your ups and downs with us. It is a pleasure to see you here and to have you in this fight with me. CONGRATULATIONS! :rara:

Nora, thinking of you.

Pav
              Last edited by Pavati; September 13, 2020, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Mr. G! Two years? I say, that is just brilliant? :two: I can’t imagine MWO without you! You are always so upbeat (good, especially if you are a musician) and positive! Thank you for showing us how it’s done!
                Nora, I’m continuing to hold you close in my thoughts.
                Wags, hope you are staying safe.
                Pav, I hope Mother Nature lends a hand to help with those fires out your way. What a tragic situation for so many. Stay safe, too
                Kensho, Pauly, yall doing ok with the smoke?
                Ava, glad you got a chance to safely meet n greet. I look forward to some degree of normalcy again.
                Tony, Frances, DD, keep up the great work!
                Hope everyone else is thriving. It’s been a lazy Sunday here. Hugs to all, Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Started a little fall house cleaning for some unknown reason, haha! Not like a bunch of people are going to surprise me with a visit or anything

Mr G, CONGRATS on your 2 years AF :welldone:
                  We are all so happy you found your way out, it can be done with determination & an excellent plan!! Doing anything to celebrate or does the pandemic have you locked up too? Maybe a post pandemic trip somewhere fun!!

Pav & Byrdie, hello to you too! Hello to the rest of the group as well.

Looking forward to some half decent weather supposedly coming this way, yay.
                  Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Thanks Pav, Byrdy, Lav and y'all. Big hugs to u!

It seems like yesterday when i logged in here to velcro me funky ass to a branch, Lav and the rest of you keeping an eye on me giving encouragement. The nest (and anywhere on MWO) is a great place. A rich diversity of folk which not only means daily unconditional support, but you'll also git a few different angles to a situation.

Smokey fires and covid Pav. Sheesh! Hope things improve pronto.

How's retirement Byrdy?

Dee = Legend.

Tony = Legend

Frances = Legend

Julia = Legend.

Evabody else = Legends!

Hope your mum's as comfortable as possible Nora. Thinking of you both.

Reflective celebrations here. More study and action looking for investment options, guitar albums. Can do a few things here despite strict covid restrictions. Today was a beautiful day and the beach is within the 5k allowed travel radius, so i div, i jumped, i say i dove in. Magical. I cannot and do not complain. Life ain't perfect but it's pretty good. P.S. Started chatting to a rather exotic looking Turkish woman the last week. Lives in my city so who knows we may meet. Rel...relash.....er relationship is the missing piece in the puzzle.

Take it easy out there. Thanks for ur kind words.
                    Last edited by Guitarista; September 14, 2020, 03:40 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Evening nesters

Popping in to say congratulations G on your 2 years, so proud of you and all you are achieving sober.

Life is moving along here, i am trying to do early morning walks as it is too sunny through the day and i lack motivation by late afternoon.

Work is busy and i am meeting the new head of department for a catch up. i heard on the grapevine that he wants to give more work and delegate some of the work i am doing now. well that sounds like fun as there is no one to delegate work to. Oh well, i have a job so i am grateful.

I now have my daughters ex boyfriend staying as he is suicidal but i know he is safe and looked after with me. Whats another human in the house i say!

Today we can go and play in the park, so we are slowly getting out of lockdown. baby steps but the numbers are down which makes me happy.

Nora, i hope you are doing ok, i have been thinking of you. big hugs xx

take care and stay safe xx
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi, All:

Wow, Ava, that is a lot to take on. Glad you're there to support him. Apparently there is a big increase in drug/alcohol relapses and suicide attempts lately. Go figure...

Mr. G, good luck. I wonder what it is like to connect during a pandemic? Have fun.

Hope all is good, Tony, Dee Doo, Frances, and everyone else.

Pav

Comment

Evening all,
                          Congrats to Mr G on 2 years of sobriety. I now have 3 weeks under my belt and wonder what the feck madr me think this time I could drink without ending up a mess. Congrats on a month Frances, just noticing that now. Thank you to you all for your continued support, it helps a lot.

Comment

Evening greetings Nesters,

It really feels like we are starting to move into the fall season - thank the universe!! This summer was especially hot with way too much rain. The excess rain caused a good deal of crop damage around here, including our own backyard garden. Crazy, the west coast needs this rain badly but we get it here on the east coast.

G, I have a feeling you will find your relationship sooner than you think! I hope the new lady appreciates you as much as we do :hug:

Ava, wow you are one strong woman taking on a suicidal house guest. Not sure I’d be able to do that. I hope he is getting some serious help, therapy & medication wise. You take care of yourself.
                            Sounds like your work is moving forward, great!

Pav, thinking of you quite a bit & hope your air quality has improved somewhat.

Dee, great job on 3 weeks, soon to be a month. I can’t be 100% sure if I decided to drink again that I wouldn’t end up exactly where I was before. I certainly don’t want that so I keep my quit, no matter what

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Quick check-in from the smoke filled pacific northwest. We are safe from fire but totally engulfed in hazardous smoke, and the fire danger still lurks around the corner not too far away. There is nowhere to go and it's really stressful, but our city and our homes are safe when so many people lost everything. I'll update more in a few days but wanted to let you all know we're ok.

Don't drink! Hug your friends and family (or give 6-foot/2-meter hugs if needed)!
                              Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Deedoo! 3 weeks is amazing!! Great work, and keep it up! Drinking now will take you back to the very same spot every single time, and you deserve better.

Frances with a month... excellent!! What's the longest you have done? How do you feel? So glad you have said goodbye to alcohol. Life is so much better without the constant fighting with oneself. I am so relieved to not be doing that any more!

G-the-MAN! 2 Years!!! That's 730 beautiful days of REAL LIFE! I'm so proud of you and so inspired by your positive, magical take on the value of each and every day we are here on earth! I hope you treated yourself to something special yesterday! Good luck with your lady friend.

What milestones!

Ava, sounds like you have a lot going on. I know you will stand up for what you need and what is fair at work. Let us know how it goes. You say so nonchalantly that you have a young man in need staying with you... what a selfless, kind thing to do. I am amazed by you

Fires here are still burning, but smoke has not been as terrible as it was last week. I think Californians have the brunt now - with over 100 wildfires burning? Is that what I heard? It is so hard living with that smoke; I'm sorry you and PAV (and anyone else) are dealing with it. Climate change? How much longer can excuses be made? It seems pretty in our faces. Unfortunately, we can't wish our problems away - something we all have learned becoming sober. Hang in there!

I've been taking my free time to enhance my business and bring more in. It's slow now, and I'm not sure if it will pick up. The world feels a little in limbo. So I'm trying to talk with it (the universe) to feel out what I need to be doing. In 18 years, I've always made it through tough times and have had enough work. I feel I can make it through now. A changing earth and being in homes more is creating more of a need than ever to create well-designed spaces that function and help the earth. I feel (and hope) there will always be a demand for it.

Anyway, I need to be extra watchful of the kids today. I learned they have several missing assignments, so watchful Mama eyes will be engaged today. I sympathize with how difficult online school might be, but it's not an excuse to blow off work. I was so different as a kid... always wanting to achieve and compete with myself and turn in the best work I could manage. My kids don't care. Perhaps we've spoiled them. I'm not sure how to deal with it - because they have such a different mindset.

BUT, we are here for another day and alive! Hang in there everyone and stay positive!
                                Last edited by KENSHO; September 15, 2020, 08:59 AM.
                                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X