Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Happy Un Hung Tuesday everyone.
    Nice to see you Pauly, your customer sounds like a jerk. Crazy times.

Hi Belle, thatnks for checking in. I can't imagine how hard it is, good thing you are not drinking.

Big hugs to all my American friends, times are crazy for you. xo

Talk later- don't drink today.
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Evening all,
      Finally have the painting finished so I have a bit more time to myself now to read and post. I have just over the month done and feel back to myself again. Its amazing how drink can suck us back in again given half a chance. So want this to be the final quit, the older I get the harder the quit hits me. Keep safe everyone!

Comment

DD, congrats on the month under your belt! That’s great! Glad you got your painting projects done!
        Pauly, I don’t know how you do it. I have had a few haircuts in my day where I went home and cried, but would never cause a scene at the salon. People aren’t themselves theses days.
        Yes, if there’s one thing for which to be grateful during these challenging times, it’s that we are sober! Yay for us!
        Kensho, it looks like you may be having a birthday today! 29 again? Bah! I hope you are having a great day! :welldone:
        Stay strong, everyone!
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Greetings Nesters & Happy Fall

THIS is MY time of the year, love the cool air.
          Just back from my walk with the dog. Forgot to go this morning so I high-tailed it out as soon as I finished my dinner, haha!

Kensho, Happy Birthday to you!

Dee CONGRATS on your 1 month AF :welldone:
          Keep your quit & you’ll have no regrets!

Hi Pav & Narilly!

Pauly, we should all be happy & proud we are not drinking thru this mess. I can really feel sorry for those dealing with addiction right now.
          Sorry your client was an a$$, they are everywhere. No one has ever cut my hair too short. Sometimes I have to ask for an extra short cut, haha!!

Byrdie, love the necklace
          I have followed RBG ever since she was seated on the SC. She was our best friend whether people realized it or not.

Helllo to Wags, G & all the regulars.
          Have a safe night in the nest one & all!

Lav
          Last edited by Lavande; September 23, 2020, 05:19 PM.
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Birthday Kensho!!!

Pauly & Deedoo - great to see you both and glad things are holding stable

Hard to believe it's already mid-week, and it's almost October, and... I'm not quite ready for summer to be over but with the fall comes at least some rain which the west coast desperately needs to we'll take it.

Pav - how are things with the fires down there? We keep seeing the air quality get better and then worse again in the SF Bay Area. We're experiencing the same cyclical pattern here, but we've at least been able to get out for a few walks and bike rides during the good air times.

Hellos and waves everyone. Protect your quits with everything you've got!
            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Hi everyone, nice to see you all again.
              I am 17 days AF and about a month WF and any other intoxicant.
              I am waking up to the disaster I have left behind - and I see I have actually unintentionally hit rock bottom in recent years.
              I have lost the lost, my wife and home, my child I get to see at weekends, I have lost my company and my professional reputation has completely gone to hell - I have lost all my friends and only now starting to get back in contact with some members of my family.
              I am just wondering how you guys coped with this loss and how you managed to regain reputation or moved on from it.
              I cannot believe myself, I cannot believe how I let myself get to this point - I have no income, I owe an incredible amount of taxes and nobody will hire me due to each time I get an interview they ask the previous jobs about me, each time my previous employer hints at them not to hire me because I am an alcoholic / junkie - I am essentially ruined...
              All I can do is move forward AF - I suppose - but is that enough?
              Life is better sober

Comment

Good to see you back on deck 3 BW with 17 days building your foundation.

Sorry for your losses. All i know at this point is no matter what, no matter who, you are on the right path. Do you have safe secure shelter? I also know that we can rebuild from absolutely nothing. Stick with us here. You'll get lot's of different viewpoints, support and ideas to help you move forward. Take it easy there friend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks Guitarista, yes I am on the right path for sure and anyone out there looking at this contemplating quitting, I suggest they do it ASAP because we actually don't know what we are doing until we sober up - I was even denying I was an alcoholic for years! 12 years!

I am good for shelter until the end of December, I have enough money till then also - but need to find something new soon and am putting my heart and soul into it.

I have a lot of apologizing to do, the neighbors, try with some friends, old managers etc... some will accept, others not - but it's all I can do for now.

Looking forward to my new life, I routinely now go for a swim every morning in the sea, regardless of weather, I take a long walk (to lose the belly mostly) and meditate once a day, I eat healthy and drink my favorite juice with hemp every day - it's working wonders but as I said, it is also opening my eyes.

Found this image just after posting the first message here this morning, kinda fitting

helothers.jpg
                  Last edited by ThreeBottlesOfWine; September 23, 2020, 06:53 AM.
                  Life is better sober

Comment

Am a big fan of swimming in the sea too, all year round no matter the weather. Sounds like you've got the strong essential basics for a rebuild amigo. Keep it rolling.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hi, All:

3BOW - Welcome back. Congratulations on your firm commitment to stay sober this time. I don't know your circumstances at all, but depending on how low that bottom was - do you do some sort of treatment in person? While you're unemployed they have day treatment rehabs where you can learn and hone tools to make amends, even if you don't like the full AA program. If someone has been on and off a lot, that last one will take some time before people will believe you - that you're sober and it is going to stick. The best thing you can do is show them with your actions. When you're not actively looking for a job can you volunteer somewhere and make connections that way? Glad you're here.

DeeDoo - glad you finished your painting project. Sounds like it was a good thing to keep you distracted and busy during the witching hour. What's next? Do you have another project? I love the idea of swimming in the ocean every day - if I lived closer I certainly would. Take care.

Wags, yes the smoke comes and goes, but even when it comes it is a lot better than two weeks ago. We're going away to the coast for the weekend - I hope it isn't too smoky but it is supposed to get worse. I am also worried because it is supposed to get hot and dry again as well. I read that people are blaming antifa for starting fires, and the Sierra Club for not managing the fires correctly. It is amazing what conspiracy theories abound. One thing I read about a fire down here is that it is burning so hot because there are so many dead trees because of a beetle that is a plague. It usually is in warmer climates...

I am not an autumn fan - I think I say that every year. I like the weather but not the shorter days. I am worried this year because all of our social activity with my mom has to be outside, so I guess she'll be even more isolated than she is.

Hi everyone else.

Happy SOBER Hump Day.
                      Pav

Comment

Happy Un Hung Wednesday everyone.

Welcome back 3BOW. I love that image you shared. Congratulations on your commitment, you can do this! Glad you are here. I will post more later as I have to go meet someone. Like I said, glad you are here and take this thing slowly- don't think too far ahead at this point, one day at a time, right?
                        Both you and G are lucky to be able to swim everyday, that sounds wonderful.

Dee- good on you to be finished painting- and as Pav says, it was probably good to be distracted during the witching hour.

We have blue skies today, it is beautiful here.

Byrdie, very nice necklace, it looks very red white and blue. Where did you get that colour scheme? haha

Don't drink today everyone. It's gross, right Pauly?
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Enjoyed another nice day, a little warmer but no gross humidity.

Hello & welcome back 3BOW! You know you’re in the right place so velcro yourself in the nest & we will be here to support you as much as possible.
                          I know from my own experience that’s it’s painful when we pull our heads out of our butts & finally face the truth about ourselves. We want to fix everything immediately but unfortunately it doesn’t work that way. I subscribed to the ‘one day at a time theory’ to prevent myself from losing my mind. Actually that’s all we really have, just one day that we can do something positive & keep repeating. Take care of yourself & as Pav mentioned maybe some volunteer work & social networking will help move you closer to new things.

Spending time out in nature Is natural & very healing. I know it’s difficult right now due to smokey skies, coronavirus & all that but we need to do what we can to save our sanity.
                          Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi nesters,

Another thing i'd like to mention is our past does not define us. Regardless of our history, when we decide to live sober/drug free we allow our real selves to emerge. It's an opportunity for our truth to shine, whatever that is. If we find we're behaving like an A hat, then we can examine and tweak or delete the old program if we want to. All i can do when i'm rebuilding my life is to live by example. By being my best self each day. No perfection, just doing my best with real, honest intention. A day at a time as you say Lav helps maintain sanity!

P.S. Byrdy. Wow! Beautiful necklace and work.

Big waves. Take care out there evabody.

Comment

Thanks all, one day at a time has a whole new meaning for me now, I thought it was just about the cravings but it's actually about rebuilding and recovery. I'm glad to be here.
                              Life is better sober

Comment

Had my swim, note to self: post here after my swim.
                                No, it's ok regarding the AA, as I live in Spain and live alone and don't know the language, I'm just here to be close to my son, I don't know anyone really because of the language, my old friends are people who like going to bars, I don't hang with them anymore.
                                But I'm rebuilding, day by day, I stick to my routine, go to a cafe after my swim, go home and rebuild my business, contact some friends...it's slow but it's steady.
                                Keep well everyone, keep strong, this is a beautiful life.
                                Life is better sober

Comment

Working...
                                X