Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;873938 wrote: Hi Fennel~
    Good on you for figuring out that moderation is not for you. It's the same for me....*sigh*. I think you'll find abstinence (rather than moderation) is easier (once you get some time under your belt, of course). So good luck with your new AF plan...set that date and stick with it! You CAN do it...and we're here to help!
    :h
    K9
    Thanks, K9...you're right. Moderation is freaking exhausting! Not to mention torturous.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;873958 wrote: I missed you Fennel. You & I will both be getting back around the same time. Guess we're going to have to make a commitment together. :l Not something that I wanted to admit but think I have to. :upset: I think K9 is right. Thanks K9.
      It's hard, isn't it? We can do it, Nora. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;874245 wrote: It's hard, isn't it? We can do it, Nora. :l
        erm... me too...
        Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;874255 wrote: erm... me too...
          Group hug! :l:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Can I have a hug too please:upset: I am one of those single lonely ladies.
            Yay K9!!!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

right there with you gals!!! And I am not single!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ringing Cedars;874280 wrote: Can I have a hug too please:upset: I am one of those single lonely ladies.
                Yay K9!!!
                Here's a hug, RC! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

:l back at you. Thanks Fennel..now I can go home happy

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, nestlings. I have coffee, diet coke, bagels, pastries, krill, kimchi and other assorted delicacies for all of you. I have additional butt velcro and lilbrary books as well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Fennel - I'm up and at em today. Bright new day.

Diet Coke & Bagel please. I will take a full body velcro suit also - preferably in black because that is so slimming. :H
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just popping in to say hi everyone - all well here got the velcro suit on thanks for the loan of it Fennel!! Still no luck in the lower half region, does anybody else struggle, I really don't want to go to the docs again because I know its been my unhealthy lifestyle!!

P x
                        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Panno, I would think you need to give your colon a few days to readjust after that megadose of laxitive!! Then all the reading I've done says fiber, water, fiber, water, fiber, water. You get the picture. Decrease the processed foods and increase the fruits and veggies. Also, there is yogurt out there specifically made to get you regular again although it can take up to 10-14 days to see a change. Then again, you could always fall back on my grandma's solution: Prune Juice!!
                          Good luck. I know how yuccky it is to be all stopped up.
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lots of fruits, veggies and whole grains, Panno! Or alternatively, one of my "Dos Gatos" daily specials...:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

And DO drink the water along with your Road-Kill Surprise - problem solved!
                              Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey All!
                                Panno be careful with yogurts that have sweeteners they kinda negate the potential of a pro-biotic. I would suggest a good pro-biotic from a health food store. It must be refrigerated and keep it that way. Pro-biotics are very fragile and deteriorate very quickly once exposed to light, heat and oxygen. So once you open a bottle use it up. Eat when you take it as foods helps to preserve its integrity too.(ph balance stuff) You can find one that is enteric coated to pass through stomach and small intestines so that it tends to be more effective for your problem.
                                Another thing that I recommend for long term problems is cascara sagrada. You may find mixed opinions about it on the net or from the medical side, but I was taught and from personal experience believe it has a stimulating yet tonifying affect on the system. You may need to use for some time to actually tone the system. I had a lifelong problem until I started using the above with diet adjustments. I stayed on cascara for 4 years. Now only use on occasion when my diet is off.
                                Hope that helps. It's no fun and toxic when things are always stuck.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X