X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone.

I mean Happy UnHung Friday!

I am off to the market and just wanted to say a quick hi. Pav, Lav you sound good.
    Nice to see you Belle.

Hope things are good Dee, 3BOW and nice to see you Anj. I am from Calgary, Alberta Canada. It is a bit chilly here today- 6C but going to 16C which is pretty nice for October.

Talk to y'all later.
    Don't drink today.
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Evening all tired after being out all afternoon just had dinner and now just vegging out in front of tv. That would encourage me Pavati if i had a challange with a few others very good way to get motivated and stretch your muscles as well.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Sounds like our stretch of nice weather is coming to an end. Rain from the hurricanes down south will be soaking us for several days.

Anjicia, I’m in Pennsylvania, the southeast corner right on the Maryland line. We have been here for 17 years, living among the cows & corn. We came south from a suburb of Philadelphia, busy & crowded compared to this. I have a flock of chickens & keep friends & family stocked in fresh eggs.

Belle, good to see you!
        Sorry about your daughter’s challenges. My son-in-law’s niece is going thru the same thing, sad.
        I’m scheduled for fasting bloodwork on Nov 11. I’ll try to remember to fast, haha!

Pav, home exercise is difficult for me. I went to Curves for 7 years & loved it there. They closed 3 years ago & I think I’ve put on 10 lbs, uh oh. I miss Talking to everyone & moving for 30 straight minutes. Hope you can continue your home based yoga.

Hey Narilly, hope your day was good!

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Belle - good to see you! I'm sure the process of getting the accommodations for your daughter was a lot of work but it'll definitely pay off. I do test prep tutoring for exams like the GRE, the GMAT etc (used to do SAT/ACT but not recently) and I can tell you from experience that students who really need those accommodations, like extra time, really do benefit from them. She may reach a point where she doesn't need them, but just knowing she's got them will probably help a lot.

Pav - the 30-day challenge sounds fantastic. I've always loved going to a gym and getting some social time along with the exercise. I'm generally pretty ok with working out at home, but when the wildfire smoke choked us out and it wasn't safe to do any exertion, I lost some momentum. I'd love to have the link for the next 30-day challenge if you're game to share.

Anjicia/Linda - I'm in the Pacific Northwest (Portland and Seattle) of the U.S. It's a really beautiful part of the country in my opinion. We have mountains, desert and coast all within about an hour, so for an outdoorsy person like me it's almost ideal. I've never been to Dublin but would love to visit your city and country.

Hellos and waves to everyone. Hope fantastic weekends are in store for all!
          Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Morning nesters, Pav, I'd like the link too, I have been slowly getting "mushy" my activity just hasn't been what it was, I used to walk at least 5 miles a day and mostly 7 miles lately I don't think I'm even doing 1,makes me not happy cuz I like to pull on any clothes and feel comfortable not hafta change 3-4 times to find something that isn't pinching me, everyone sounds good here, yay! I was telling Lav and the gang in the abbers thread that I'm annoyed with my owner of the salon cuz he's trying to loosen covid restrictions and is mad cuz my daughter (who he made"manager") doesn't want to listen to him cuz she knows we can't do that, it's openening a can of worms and he's just acting rude about it, bleh I'm irritated with it, that's the only new action in my life haha, luckily everything else is going smoothly and boring like the last 6+ months have been, waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful day for us all!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi, All:

I'll share the link when I get it, Pauly and Wags. It is fairly low key and gentle but something is more than nothing and I like it as a meditation.

We got a teeny bit of rain yesterday - not much - but it is a good reminder how we'll all be stuck at home for the winter. It will be hard for people to stay socially distant...

Lav, that life sounds pretty sweet. I have been thinking more about retirement lately. I feel like I would be bored without some type of work, but caring for chickens, gardening and doing crafts may just be it.

I have a socially distant 50th birthday party to attend today - there are 10 of us outside in the chilly weather. I feel like curling up with a puzzle...

Happy SOBER Saturday.
              Pav

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                Been doing good for a while then last night I drank. I found the booze my husband hid, and I wasn't even looking. Night before last there was an annoying cricket by the basement door and I got down on my hands and knees to see if it was under a cabinet. And ta-da there was the booze. I thought about it all day yesterday, and the beast got stronger until it overtook me.

This morning I contacted 3 addictions counselors and made an appointment with one of them already. I'll probably chat with all 3 and see which one clicks. This is enough. I just can't keep repeating this cycle. Sober for a while and whammo back down the rabbit hole. I admit I need more help, if I have an appointment, I'll show up (even though they are all virtual at this time). I won't totally disappear here, but if nothing changes, nothing changes. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
                BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Good for you taking that extra step, [MENTION=16180]BelleGirl[/MENTION]. Maybe the weekly support of a counselor and daily cheerleading here would be good. Please keep us posted!

We're off to see family for a couple weeks. It will be a bit wild with 4 adult workers managing 2 young kids, a yappy dog, and an old dog but it will be good to see them. The weather likely will change while we are gone so we are taking so much it looks like we are moving in w/ them forever!! I would have wormed my way out of this if I still were drinking. They never really leave their home (everything is delivered) so there's no way I would be able to pop out and nab some wine and there will be no room in our car for a case, even if I had ever been open about the problem! It's sad to think I would have traded seeing my family during a pandemic for booze.

Take care, NS

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Cloudy all day but no rain yet. I think it starts tomorrow & all day Monday to the tune of 5” or something. Wish I could share some with the west coast.

NS, I hope you have a great time & I understand your thoughts on the AL. I probably would have done the same thing back in the day. That’s why I remain so grateful for my quit.

Belle, sorry you drank but I am glad to hear you searched out some help.
                    I never had lasting success until I came here but I was ready! Closing the door on AL one & for all is a must if you truly want to succeed. Stick with us & let us know how it goes!

Pav, planning ahead for retirement is good. I retired from nursing & immediately opened my small home based embroidery biz at the same time we built this house & moved here. Kept it going for 15 years then closed it up to do crafty stuff. I also spent most of those years watching grandkids too, haha so there was no boredom involved . Give it some thought & find something that suits you
                    Hope the birthday party goes OK.

Wags, hope the air is OK for you today & you have a great weekend!

Hello to Narilly, Byrdie, G & everyone!
                    Wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

And, I have fairly thin arms, however they have an eiry resemblance to bat wings if I wave. I avoid sleeveless stuff as I don’t want to scare small children. I’m built like a frosted mini-wheat. Tiny arms and legs and a big middle.

I made a cherry pecan cake today in honor of Jeff Bezos. It was extra tasty!

Belle, I’m sorry you drank. I rode that ride myself for too long. I’m so glad you are taking steps to fix it! You won’t be sorry. Your cricket story reminds me of a night I was in a hotel and there was a cricket. I finally found the darn thing and squirted the perp with my hairspray so his little legs got stuck and didn’t make the sound. At least, that’s what I chose to think. Sounds drive me nuts.

Yes, Nar, it was 37 malted milk balls. You know I’m a counter.
                      NS, enjoy your family!
                      Wags, it looks like you may be getting some rain? I hope so. We are getting the remnants of Delta. It’s been a summer of rain here. Enough already.
                      Hope everyone has an easy evening! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi gang,

Quick fly by. Keep connected coz we thrive when we're connected.

Joe Cocker - With A Little Help From My Friends (Live) - YouTube

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morning Pavati well it is here in Dublin lol. i would be interested in the link for yoga thanks.

Comment

Good morning all. I love that song Mr G and Joe cocker he is an amazing singer still and he has some great songs. I have an old greatist hits cd i must dig out and play. where in Oz are you? my niece lived in Tasmania for quote a few years with her husband and son both emigrated from Dublin and born here. last January they moved near Freemantle Perth Western Australia. I have not been to Oz yet and its one of my must places to visit before i get too old lol. Belle how are you feeling to today? its good you are reaching out for help and i hope one of the counciliers can be of some help. I have no support only via the internet and i do follow some good people on youtube who make regular podcast there and sometimes facebook. t
                            These people have been tru the mill with drink and some also drugs so they know the horrors of addiction and recovery. Any help for mentel and addiction issues is all over the phone or zoom here with covid and some charge a lot which i can't afford but lucky i have this forum and youtube. Even before covid19 there were big cutbacks on mental health and addiction here very little low cost or sponsered group or one to one help and the little there is has big waiting lists. Have a super sober Sunday i am going to get out for a walk this afternoon The sun is is just now after a dull overcast start.:smileya::flowerspin:

Comment

Hi, All:

Belle, sorry you drank. The best thing you can do is what you're doing - more support. I am sure your al brain prevented this, but maybe next time tell your DH RIGHT AWAY before you have time to talk yourself into drinking... How did he react that you drank? Is he supportive? I hope so. Stay close, we're here for you.

Byrdie, I've been struggling to define my body type for my whole life. Frosted mini wheat it is! Hilarious.

Thanks for the Joe Cocker, Mr. G. Love him.

Not much to report. I went to an outside, "socially distanced" party yesterday (10 total people), and everyone but me got drunk. I was so very glad I wasn't drinking! Everyone also got a lot looser with the guidelines for staying 6 feet apart as well, the more they drank. I think we're doomed for the winter. I wonder if we can really stay away from each other.

NS - Have a good time. I wish I had a job where I could quarantine and then see my family more closely. I would have been able to squeeze in a big vodka for the trip so I would have gone...

Happy SOBER Sunday, all.

Pav.

Comment

Hola nesters,

Hi Anj. I'm in melbourne, the other side of Oz from Fremantle. That's a beautiful place. Gr8 weather. Have a beaut week.

Hi Pav!

Big waves to evabody. How r u Belle?

L8tr g8trs.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X