Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Hi, All:

Hanging on here. Not much to report. Anj I looked up one video and watched 5 minutes - I can tell this Bealtine Cottage is going to be my gentle meditation instead of the news at night. I look forward to watching more after work.

Happy SOBER Thursday,
    Pav

Comment

Happy Un Hung Thursday everyone.

Byrdie, good on you- your neighbour takes the cake! Like G says, Sheesh! I can't believe she did not invite you to the party and now wants you to bake a cake- oh and she would insist on paying you. Whatever. I think we need to pay a visit to this neighbour and set her straight.
      Wags, Lav, Pav, all you Americans :hug: You will get through this. I watch the American news almost everyday but only for 15 minutes or so because I like to stay current. Otherwise I listen to CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) and they actually talk about a lot of stuff besides America, it is a lot more balanced. US politics is not a big part of their coverage.

Anj, thank you for the Bealtaine Cottage suggestion. I watched part of the before and after video, how cool is that? I am going to look at it a bit more. I really love this. Thank you!! It is so neat. I love to garden and my mom does too. She has a huge yard and I can see incorporating some of Collette O'Neil's ideas into her yard. Our climate is dry though so it would be a bit different of course.

Big waves G! Hello Ken.

Have a good one everybody and don't drink today.
      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi Nest.

Chill day here. My office is being re-carpeted, so I don't have my usual set up to be productive. I had this big idea to start a design firm with an actual office and other designers. I did the math. I want to plant this seed. I never did it before because I had kids and wanted to be at home (and was a heavy drinker), but I would like to explore the idea for future. I've more than paid my dues and think I could do it.

Narily, I USED to watch sports… but not since kids. I have so many other more important things to do!! Enjoy your quiet time.

Byrdie… she must think pretty highly of herself. And to ask you, who she knows doesn’t drink, shows some insecurity (or cruelty) on her part. Unimaginable. I would like to have a little talk with her, so if I’m ever your way….

Hi Anji, Wags, G and everyone else!

Yes, I alternate between intense anger and frustration at our administration, and hope for a brighter future. Today is a hope day. I can's sustain the doom and gloom. I do believe in people, but we need to elect honest leaders who don't mislead the public. We can't make progress if half the population is operating from bogus info. Time for each and every one of us to be responsible enough to search out valid information, based in fact and presented by people who's motivation is for the betterment of society, not their pocketbook. It seems so easy to me to see the BS... but maybe I pay more attention than the average person.

I am infinitely glad that drinking is in my past life. I was not taking responsibility for myself and my endeavors in life. In the end, that is all we can do... is start by taking care of ourselves, then others. Can't do that with addiction.
        Last edited by KENSHO; October 29, 2020, 10:58 AM.
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi, Nest, Made it home from grandparent duty and had to let our dog go the next day. Life sure is full of ups and downs. Glad to be here for all of it. xx, NS

Comment

NS, so sorry about your dog :hug:
            Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Hurricane related rain all day as was promised, no wind or anything like that. More on the way for tomorrow. Wrapping up the crafty stuff for Saturday’s craft show, supposed to be sunny & 50 degrees. I can live with that.

NS, welcome ack but I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I know how that hurts your heart
              Will be thinking of you.

Kensho, you have a bright future, you can do anything you want! No addiction issues to get in the way, the sky is the limit!

Narilly, did the snow melt? I think you have warmer temps right now than we do, haha!

Pav, hope your day was a good one!

G, we most certainly are in charge now, no substance in control anymore

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hola nesters,

Or should that be Merhaba! Hello in Turkish as i'm going to the beach next week with a Turkish chica. :eek-new:

Hi NS. Sorry to hear about losing your pup. That's always a devastating experience. Take care of yourself.

Friend Kensho! Yes! You can do it. You believe and you know! Why not you? My mindset seems to be really erring towards the positive 'i can do anything' vibe of late. I'm focusing a lot everyday on building my skills in turning a buck for my twilight years, along with daily mindset drills. No room for boozing in anyway. That's great to me.

Yo Nar! :victorious:

Lav, right on. I'm the boss and captain of my soul. I choose my direction. Happy to say i actually have one.

Big waves to evabody.
                Last edited by Guitarista; October 29, 2020, 11:08 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morning all changable weather here we had heavy rain and milder temps the past 2 days but the sun is shining again after a wet start. Kensho do you work from home usually or is due to covid19? I wish you well if you decide to go for the business venture with alcohol out of the way now could be a good time. I messed up or lost so many opportunities from drink when i was younger and lack of confidance/self belief but no point going over the past i am i an better place now. Pav and Nars so glad you found and enjoyed Colette's site she has a very soothing voice and passionate about what she does. Her dog jack is adorable. she did have 2 rescue cats but sadly passed. She is from Omagh Co. tyrrone but now in Roscommon so her accent is not from there. You can read her bio online. Ahh suger so sorry about losing your doggie its awful to lose pets they are family to me. Mr G going to the beach? oh sounds fab its winter here and i can walk along our small local beaches but colder along the coast but still nice for walks. Oh some one else i found on youtube and she is from Lancaster Pensilyivania sorry no spell check lol. Homestead Tessie she live a simple frugal life on a few acres in a rural town and does canning crafts and cooking and she love old fashioned old style things . Her parents were former menonites but left that at some time when she was growing up. I sometimes follow this lady from Hazleton PA called the poverty Princess. Sharon. lives with her son Ronnie and does frugal shopping life style and crafts. Hello to to Lav Byrd Wagnor and anyone i forgot have a fab Friday. I hope to visit my sister again today. :heartbeat::blowkiss::radiate::clouds:

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                    Hi, Nest, Made it home from grandparent duty and had to let our dog go the next day. Life sure is full of ups and downs. Glad to be here for all of it. xx, NS
                    I'm so sorry NS
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi, All:

So sorry for your loss, NoSugar. Our sweet pets - so sad. Sending you love. (nice to see you pop in Pauly - hope all is good)

Mr. G you are an international man of mystery. Have a nice day at the beach.

Lav, we need that rain! So dry here, and we're heading into another heatwave here - maybe up to 80 F (about 26-27) on Nov. 1. Crazy.

Kensho, my career vastly improved with quitting drinking, even though it was going ok before. I had no idea how much my confidence was wrapped up in my difficulties. Being sober let it shine through. Good luck.

Happy Friday, everyone else (well, maybe Sat. in Oz?) No booze here!

Pav

Comment

NS - I'm so sorry to hear about your pup :hug:
                        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Happy Un Hung Friday everyone.

It is a beautiful day here today and it is going up to +12C (54F) which is really nice for October. Our weather has been nuts this year but we will take the warm weather when we can get it.

G- you are an International man of mystery as Pav says. Hope you enjoy your time with your Turkish chika. I went to Turkey a few years ago and it was Amazing, I would go back in a heartbeat.

My work life did not get better after quitting drinking because the economy got worse, lol. Its ok, one of these days I will get a job. In the meantime I am enjoying my life as much as I can.

Hey don't drink today!
                          Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Happy Friday, Nesters!
                            G, you have such an infectious attitude Maybe you could be our president? I was thinking that both candidates this time are not drinkers. Clinton didn’t drink either. Bush was a recovering alcoholic. I never thought about it before, but AL really has no place in that job! It really has no place in any job. I too, did much better in my job having quit. Like Pav and Wags, I’m hopeful one minute and full of dread the next about our election next week. If nothing else, I’ll be so glad to lose the political ads. At this pace, it’s bordering on abuse! Can you imagine the money spent? I can’t recall ever having changed my mind as result of an ad, either. Good thing I’m not in politics.

NS, my heart is breaking for you. It’s hard to describe the guilt and sorrow we have when we lose our pets. It sucks bad. There are just no words. Please know we are thinking of you.
                            Kens (Special K), I know that whatever you do will be a smashing success! New carpet is exciting. I want new paint in my old office. Every time I go in there now, I have PTSD. I need to get rid of those old memories. Once this virus is over, I’ll look to do that. It’s a tiny 3rd bedroom, it would be easy to remake. I have to float the idea past headquarters and somehow make him think it was his idea. Ha!

It’s only Friday, not a ticket to BoozeVille! :rara: Byrdie
                            Last edited by Byrdlady; October 30, 2020, 02:02 PM.
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by Anjicia View Post
                              Evening all not much to report here another quiet day. I just had to go to the post office and a pharmacy nearby. I just a walk around town not enough for proper exercise but fresh air. It is getting colder but nice sunny spells again today. byrd i did read about the neighbour that excluded you from the gathering which i though was very rude. Even if you declined to attended she could have had manners to ask anyway. Well done for turning her outright for asking you to go out of your way to bake a cake with alcohol minis and a logo. She had some nerve so good for you for putting her straight. Wag sorry to hear you were a bit down i don't American politics much so i don't about laws passed htere but i hope you feeling a bit chipper now. I think everyone is going through something and the times we are in does not help. Oh ii got 2 books in the post i ordered online from a lady i follow on youtube and facebook and she has a website too and i think also instagram. Colette O Neill she lives in a lovely old cottage in the west of Ireland on 3 acres. She is into permaculture and her cottage and land is awesome and hte worjk she does. Her cottage is called Bealtine cottage and she can has many videos on youtube plus her books and other stuff on her website. worth a look in anyone is interested. If you google Bealtine cottage Colette o Neill. Hi to everyone else have a pleasent afternoon/evening.
                              Hi Anjicia, I'm in Ireland too.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I just heard it’s going below freezing tonight, oh boy. It’s going to be cold tomorrow standing outside for 5 hours at the craft show, oh well. I’ll just layer up then peel as it gets warmer, haha!

NS, thinking about you today :hug:

Anjicia, I live in Pennsylvania & not far from Lancaster. Funny you found those videos. My husband watches all sorts of homemade videos about homesteading, living off the land, self-sufficiency & all that

Walktothe water, I think you & Anjicia are both in Dublin? Exchange messages, maybe you can meet up for coffee at some point.

Byrdie, you don’t need that home office any more so what are your plans for the space? Cake storage maybe??? Lol

Hello to G, Pauly, Wags, Narilly, Pav, Kensho & everyone.
                                Wishing a safe night in the nest for all. Wish me luck tomorrow

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X