Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
    For years, I considered my absolute greatest efforts to be 'adequate' and 'expected'. The problem with that is that there's no where to go but down and there are few chances for feelings of pride and accomplishment. I had the idea that if NoSugar can do it, it must be easy and so (obviously) everyone can. Which then leads to impatience and frustration with others who simply can't do a particular thing. And to add to the misery, I avoided trying anything I knew a priori I likely wouldn't be able to be the best. It makes the world a smaller, less interesting and exciting place. It's no wonder that people who think they need to succeed in all things they do are so tightly wound and desperate for any relief.

It sure would have been nice to know long ago the lessons that recovering from addiction taught!

Enjoy life as a human BEing, not a human DOing! xx, NS
    NS, I still struggle with this. Another adage I like is “Comparison is the thief of joy”. Thanks for yours (BEing vs DOing). Today marks 7 years for me thanks to the help of you and all of the regular posters to the Nest, Roll Call and Loamers.
    Pav, no dessert January! Now *that* sounds hard. I’m cheering you on and hope you succeed.
    Love & good health to all
    AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Morning nesters

A huge congrats Jane on your 7 years, i think loamers got a lot of us girls sober. I hope you have a lovely day and are keeping well.

I am so sorry for you all going through the shit at the moment. As if Covid isnt enough to deal with, you have a madman as a president. I hope life settles down after the 20th. Its all we have seen on the news and yes Pav, its funny when black people protest there are thousands of law enforcement and yesterday very few. Very sad.

I am on my last day of leave and well i think of what i wanted to do and what i did and they dont match up at all. oh well, i had a good rest and ready to face work for another year or few months at least.

Finally have some sunshine which is good, been a funny summer for us.

Lav, so glad your son was nowhere near that shit show yesterday and is safe.

I am going out to have coffee with a work friend today so that will be good. work forgot to pay me so no shopping. I look at this as a forced savings plan until i get the money that is.

take care xxx
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Still feeling kinda shitty about yesterday’s events. Who ever imagined an insurrection like that?
        Also, I just found one of my young chickens murdered right there in their fenced yard. Too many predators around here

Jane, good to see you& CONGRATS on your 7 AF years!!! It’s an amazing feeling & one to cherish!!

Wags, I’m not feeling much for the woman who died in the Capitol. She was a participant in the violence & an AF Vet, she certainly knew what she was doing was wrong.
        I’m also feeling gratitude to be sober thru this American shit show.

Kensho, this country needs to regain control so our kids & grandkids have a chance to not only survive but thrive.

Pav, it’s odd that those in charge of planning security didn’t anticipate something happening. You’re right, Trump supporters have been calling for violence for some time now.

Ava, we thought if we survived Covid that the rest would be somewhat easy - guess not. I woke up with such tense muscles in my chest I thought I may be having a heart attack. This is just so wrong.
        Hope you enjoyed coffee with your friend today.

Hello to all & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hola nester's,

Hope things settle down in the U.S. real soon.

Great to see u Jane. Congratulations on 7 years booze free! Wowza! What a total LEGEND! :heartbeat:

Go Pavi!

How's your fam Byrdy?

Enjoy the weekend Ava. Looks Sunny and beautiful. Just like u my friend!

All good here. I'm gittin some solid support in place for my 'pull a rabbit out of a hat 2021' strategy.

Big waves to y'all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Sigh, just checking in sober. With all that's going on I'm calling that a victory.

Jane -- huge congrats on 7 years!!! Glad to see you stop by to share and celebrate with us.

Stay safe everyone and I'll catch you here again tomorrow :heartbeat:
            Last edited by wagmor; January 7, 2021, 11:30 PM.
            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

PAV, I thought you said your ass was talking to you... then I realized which ass you were talking about.

JANE, Happy, happy 7 years. How different is life now? (other than Covid)

Ava, you work forgot to pay you? That is weird. Sounds like you are dealing with it.

G, let me know how your rabbit trick goes. What are you hoping to manifest?

I truly believe the entire world is on a path toward better things. It may still be messy for awhile, and well - some of that is just being human - but people are tired of corruption and I think ready to be innovative and kind.

On that note, I've been mindful of being kind lately. I think those acts are contagious, and they make me feel good too.

Have a happy day everyone!
              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi, All:

JANE! Great to see you and CONGRATULATIONS on your 7 years! As a fellow LOAMER, I can say I am grateful for all of you also.

Lav, I hope you're feeling better. That is sad about your chick - what do you think it was? We have raccoons and foxes (and coyotes) around here who LOVE to try to get chickens.

Ava, I always have bigger plans than I get to over my work breaks. I hope you rested, relaxed and had fun with Carl and Cardi.

I AM celebrating Georgia today. It was an amazing victory and gives me hope moving forward.

I'm back doing yoga every morning - man does it help.

Happy SOBER Friday (and no tickets to Boozeville here).
                Pav

Comment

Good day everyone.
                  Holy crap! The stuff going on down South is nuts. I was glued to the tv all day flipping between stations, what a s.show.

We have been having some really nice weather here. I went cross country skiing yesterday with my daughter and today have been walking my dogs. We have the most beautiful blue skies.

Anyway, your guy may be impeached. Yippee!

Have a nice day everyone and don't drink today.
                  Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                  "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Happy Friday greetings everyone,

It’s hard to hold on to a good mood this week but I’m trying
                    We just went out & bought ourselves some lottery tickets. One drawing tonight is for a jackpot >$520 million ~ that’ll do, haha!!
                    Inspecting the pictures on the trail cam we have decided either it was a hawk or a weasel/mink type creature (that we didn’t even know we had around here). We reinforced the fence a couple years ago when the fox population killed 7 of our chickens, they can’t dig under the fence anymore. There’s just too damn much wildlife running around here unfortunately.

Narilly, impeachment does little good as evidenced by the last one. Impeachment with conviction is another & that’s what I’m hoping for right now. Glad you’re enjoying the weather.

Hello to all & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
                      G, let me know how your rabbit trick goes. What are you hoping to manifest?
                      Hi friend Kensho. I'm manifesting abundant wealth don't ya know?! :happy2: I'm gittin educated around investment strategies involving property and one or 2 other idea's. I agree we should consider what we think and do and protect our whole being by focusing on the positive. being kind is one gr8 way to maintain and nurture harmony.

Lav, good luck with the lottery! However i reckon you won it 10 odd years ago!

Blue skies and skiing sounds magical Nar.

Take it easy out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hi Nesters..

Jane, a big congratulations on 7 years of sobriety!!!:heartbeat: Wowza!

I've also had a very hard time getting out of my bad mood.... I have a list of things to do that usually help and they haven't really, though they have kept my mind and body somewhat occupied. The online chess keeps me going for hours .. damn it's hard! I've got a friend coming over in a bit with a real board and I'm a bit scared.. that not wanting to fail thing you were all talking about! NS, I love what you wrote about just enjoying being human. Going to try to keep that in mind, as I'm one who's missed many a thing by being afraid of not being perfect!

Big hugs and love to all of you here..xx

Comment

Hi, All:

LC, my son who is home for a bit loves playing chess, so I have been playing with him. Unless he makes a mistake, which is very rare, he beats me every time. But our games are very long, so I feel good at least about putting up a good fight. The games just take too long for me - not my favorite! (and neither of us have learned any of the conventional openings or anything - no Sicilian defense here).

Good luck with the manifestation, G. Lav, a hawk would be amazing...

Very glad it is the weekend. That was quite a week. I've done my yoga and am having coffee. I'll get up soon and do something. Just not sure what...

Pav

Comment

Morning nesters

Back to work tomorrow, the excitement is massive NOT. i have been busy staining a coffee table i pulled apart and am redoing. I bought it when my eldest was a baby so its 33 years old. coming up a treat but very time consuming and painting it in the kitchen as my garage looks like another family has moved in. that has to be cleaned as i am having the council pick up the rubbish next weekend. Up to painting walls in the bedroom so that is giving me an interest also. I seem to start one thing and it snowballs to a few then i get overwhelmed but just doing one bit at a time. it will get finished eventually.

LC one day at a time, bad moods dont last forever.

Lav, sorry about your chicken, i hope you dont lose anymore. I used to love my chooks when i was a little girl, spent so much time in that chook pen, my mother always knew where to find me.

back to painting i go.

take care xx
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Had some sunshine today so that definitely lifted my spirits
                              Tomorrow we plan to get some canopies up over a portion of the chicken’s fenced yard to make it harder for flying predators to get in there. I always feel bad when my flock suffers losses like this & it’s illegal to shoot the predators

Ava, I try my best to keep my chickens safe but nature has other ideas. Hope your painting went well!

Pav, we have so many hawks around here & they are always hungry. I’ve seen them grab little birds right off the feeder on my deck, awful.

LC, it’s not unusual for me to have a low mood in January/February. I am aware now & try to do my best to circumvent it to the best of my ability. Taking on chess should certainly keep your mind busy

G, real estate is always a good investment! I wish you lots of good fortune

Hello to the rest of the group & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                              Last edited by Lavande; January 9, 2021, 06:20 PM.
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hola evabody,

Thanks Lav. Sorry about your chicken. Hope you're weekend's a bewdy.

Thanks Pav. Cool move on the yoga. I've added Wim Hoff method breathing and cold showers (2 minutes gradual immersion) or cold sea swimming daily.

Ava, re feelings of overwhelm, i reckon we're lucky to have learned a few strategies on our path to a better life. Simple tools such as breaking things down, just do one thing etc. This perspective helps me regularly. So i git to where i'm going.

Take it easy and a peaceful weekend to all. x

Comment

Working...
                                X