Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hey Molls-I sure hope you will work hard on forgiving and forgetting that you slipped last month. It happened, you can't change it but you learned so much from it!! We're always here for you so you just shout out when you need a shoulder to lean against.

RC-thank you for sharing that painful memory. Maybe getting more of that out in the open will help you come to terms with the AL and why you need it so much?

MB-so good to hear that RW is doing OK and doing what will help her the most. I've missed her but know she has to work on her first and foremost. Please give her my warm regards.

Hey Panno, Spuddles and anyone lurking. For those of us on the Eastern seaboard the day is coming to a close and so are the storms. Finally, the temps have dropped a bit. Can't wait to get up tomorrow morning and walk with the boyz for the first time since Wednesday.
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. I haven't posted on here for a few days but I am still hanging in there. Day 19!
      Molly, I think 30 days is terrific. What difference does it make that you slipped. You picked yourself back up and got back on the train. That's all that matters!
      RC, so sorry to hear of your struggles. I hope you find that happy chapter sometime soon. Time changes everything.
      Stay strong, everyone. prancy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning.
        Feeling a little less agitated this morning. Did come on here last night and post a few things but I was too angry so deleted them. No need to share anger as it seems to spread like a virus. Just needed to vent which I did, then got rid of them. My anger was directed at my husband and his insensitivity. I try so hard to ignore his drinking and not let it affect me because I dont want to be a hypocrite but sometimes it just eats at me and I explode.

Molly - you can repeat yourself as much as you like. I feel exactly the same about this site and you guys so I know what you mean. Be proud of your AF time. I know how bad you feel about slipping, but you came back! That really is the main thing. You realised AL wasnt the answer and you chose an AF way of life. When it comes down to it, it is just that simple - a choice. And you made the right one for you. Anyway I dont count one little slip anyway... you're still my AF twin. x

Hey Prancy well done on 19 days. Hope you are feeling proud of your self. Just dont get complacent, keep popping in and letting us know how you are doing. We love having you around.

RC - I cant understand how men (usually, but sometimes women as well) can use their kids to hurt their ex's. It just goes against everything I feel as the person who bought those kids into the world. My ex used to do that all the time. That is why he is my EX. Hurt me all you like, I can handle it, just leave MY kids alone. My son was only 4 and my daughter was 1 and I knew I had to leave for the sake of those kids. Even at such a young age he would manipulate those babies purely to hurt me. When the time is right, you will find someone else and be able to start better memories.

Mama - I enjoyed Robin Hood too. I didnt really want to go see it however I am glad I did...... yuummmmmmmm, he is pretty cute. I have never really looked at Russell Crowe as sexy however there was just something about him in that movie. I think being along side of Kate Blanchett was what did it. She is a fantastic actress (another Aussie!). Please send on my best wishes to Runningwind when you talk to her.

Think it is about time I got my butt into gear and went for a walk. I can feel my girth expanding with all those winter puddings and muffins I am eating lately. Stay strong and I will pop in again later.
        HC
        I finally got it!
        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hipster, totally missed your 'angry posts'! I sometimes find it hard when hubbie is drinking, not so much the drinking but the shit he comes out with. I guess it's our problem tho, not theirs??!
          Yep not going to beat myself up anymore I'll be your AF twin in spirit if not in body - still envy you beitch!!! joking!!!!!
          Going to bed now, just been talking to daughter, she sounds so happy, that makes all the difference
          Have a nice day all and talk tomorrow
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, so much to comment on that some of it has gone out of my head now.

RC, hope there is a happy ending.

Molly, don't waste your time looking back and beating yourself up - look forward. You're doing great.

Sunni, has that baby arrived yet?

Cold and wet here today. Got the fire lit. Baking a chocolate yoghourt cake. It's a long weekend here and boy did I need it, but it's been such yuk weather we didn't go anywhere special.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Dancingon. Nice to hear from you. Hope you are doing OK. We are still waiting for winter to arrive. So can you send abit of your weather west?
              HC
              I finally got it!
              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

I guess I'll be bringing my sick kitty home tomorrow. I'll be learning how to give her subcutaneous fluids.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. Haven't had time to read all the posts. Wanted to say hello and that I'm thinking of you all. Fennel, I'm so glad that you're bringing kitty home.
                  I saw Lake Superior today. What a beautiful sight. I will try to check in again. Take care all my friends. My thoughts are with you all.
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Are you on Lake Superior, Nora? Look for "Petoskey Stones". Your hosts will know how to direct you. They're Michigan's "State" stone. I found a small one up near Traverse City last August.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, nestlings. I heard from the vet late last night. Bob's creatinine is finally starting to come down. They want to keep her at the hospital for another day. I'm glad she's responding to treatment...

Hope all is well with the rest of the nest.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 5 AF and all is well. A few night sweats but overall feeling great. You know what I enjoy besides my family loving me and stress free environment- sleep! I haven't got good sleep like this in years!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats on five AF days, matchee! :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;880126 wrote: Congrats on five AF days, matchee! :goodjob:
                            Thanks fennel.

It's a start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's a darned good start.

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;880156 wrote: It's a darned good start.
                                How's Bob doing today?
                                Coco

Comment

Working...
                                X