Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut;880216 wrote: How's Bob doing today?
    She's still in the hospital. Her creatinine values began coming down last night, but she's not eating this morning. I'm getting ready to go and visit her- I'm bringing some food I know she likes, plus her brush.

I spoke with her vet today. Her urine isn't growing any cultures, so it's not an infection that caused this. We just had her x-rayed, and those showed no obvious causes. Tomorrow morning, she's having an ultra-sound. This looks like an acute onset rather than chronic renal failure, hence all the attempts to diagnose. She doesn't have any of the traits that a chronic case would have.

I'm going crazy wondering what caused this, and wondering how long I'll have her.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping Bob comes through OK. Good thoughts coming your way. :h
      Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

me too fennel
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Popping in to say hello. Have been thinking about you and Bob Fennel. I read Ruby's comment on your location this morning. I should have been one to get that right away! Brilliant. Hope it goes well tonight.:l

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, gals.

Bob was a little agitated today, but definitely more "Bob"-like than on previous visits. She loves to be brushed and when I set the brush down on the table, she pushed her little noggin up against it, to "make" it brush her. She does that number with my hand when she wants to be petted, too. She also does this thing where she rises up to head-butt me when I kiss her on top of her little head...she was doing that today, too.

I spoke with my sister today. She's a vet tech. She said that while it seems that this was "acute", it's probably really been brewing for a while. Neither of her dogs who had renal failure were anemic when it happened to them (this is what the vet is basing the acute possibility on). I'm going to quit torturing myself with guilt over something I had nothing to do with and focus on making Bob comfy when she gets home.

Although me sticking an eighteen gauge needle in the scruff of her back on a daily basis probably won't be all that "comfy".

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Fennel-I'm glad Bob is doing better. Yep, just concentrate on getting her home and loving her up. Please don't worry, she won't even feel the needle going in-no nerve ending in the scruff. She'll just feel pressure and she'll get used to that.

Congrats on day 5 Matchee-keep up the good work.

Time for this little nestling to hit the hay. Been a busy first day back to work, plus all the worrying about KatieB and catching up on posts. Don't even have the energy to write in my own journal!!
              Nite all.
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bob's values are down to nearly normal tonight..WOOT!!! She's in a hurry to get home. She's very mellow, so I think i'l be able to administer fluids to her witout too much hassle. She trusts me very much. I just want to get my old kitty-girl home where she's happy, you know?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Like I said fen. They are tough little critters. Glad she's better.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone

Great news Fennel I am so pleased for both you and Bob xxx

Matchee :goodjob: on day 5AF

Well I'm now on a mission to get passed day 8!!! I know its only day 2 today but I have been back to the beginning god knows how many times since February. Today I have started healthy eating and will drag my arse to the gym tonight if it kills me!!

Have a great day everyone or a good nights sleep which ever part of the world you are in

Luv P xx
                    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good on you Panno. Good plan. It's not easy, but you can do it.

Well done Matchee. Keep up the good work. Sleep is my favourite thing to do now that I am not worried about going to sleep and not waking up (which I always used to worry about when I was drunk).

Fennel - glad Bob is doing better. They may only be "pets" but they certainly steal your heart. I had a lovely cat for 16 years and was devastated when she went so I know your anguish at her being ill.

Hey Sunny - any news yet?

Another lovely sunny winters day here.... where is that rain? Have been a naughty girl today as I cancelled my gym workout..... Still may talk myself into getting on the treadmill, however that coffee and biscuit I just ate would probably make it difficult. Day off tomorrow, but will spend it cooking and organising my little angel's 11th birthday on the weekend. Where did the time go? (I was probably drunk for most of it!!)

Have a good day/night and catch up again later.
                      HC
                      I finally got it!
                      "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;880685 wrote: Bob's values are down to nearly normal tonight..WOOT!!! She's in a hurry to get home. She's very mellow, so I think i'l be able to administer fluids to her witout too much hassle. She trusts me very much. I just want to get my old kitty-girl home where she's happy, you know?
                        Yay - good news!
                        Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, nestlings. I'm waiting for the vet to call so I can go and fetch my girl.

Coco-Nut, I notice you've had a change of residence.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope everything works out with Bob, fennel.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.

It's day 6 and although I feel cravings- my body is starting to adjust. No night sweats and I slept very well last night!

I'm worried though because I leave town for a business dinner Thursday. There will be a cocktail hour and then dinner. I'm a little shy around folks I don't know well and usually use alcohol to loosen up.

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;881163 wrote: Morning, nestlings. I'm waiting for the vet to call so I can go and fetch my girl.

Coco-Nut, I notice you've had a change of residence.
                              I feel I have to relocate whenever I am reintroduced to a dear old friend.
                              Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Matchee - I know exactly what you mean about "needing" AL to loosen up in social situations. I am probably not the best person to answer this one as my track record in socalising is not too good, but I just wanted to let you know you are definitely NOT on your own with feeling like that.
                                I try to think of every excuse not to go, but I understand sometimes these things cant be avoided. Alot of these lovely nesters gave me lots of advice about breaking the ice without AL.... things like getting others to talk about themselves, compliment people on what they are wearing in a way that will get them to talk about where they got it or whatever. Try and get there late, when everyone has started drinking already and they are feeling more relaxed and more inclined to be talkative.
                                Out of all the reasons I drank, the main one was to relax in social situations as I really cant handle them. I would always have a glass in one hand and mascara in the other, getting "ready" to go out. Being the wife of the president of a large national association we have to attend alot of social functions but so far have been able to avoid them since I stopped drinking. My luck is changing next week however as we are attending the national conference which means breakfast, lunch and dinner functions....... oh goody, sober me, trying to talk to strangers.
                                So good luck to you and I am sure you will do fine, just like I will.
                                Take care and hi fellow nesters.
                                I finally got it!
                                "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Working...
                                X