Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Question-Why are everyone else quotes in blue and my aren't? I know I can hear you all chuckling but I really don't know. LOL! help!!
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning to All!
      Everyone on here is so important to me and I love reading all your posts...right now I am just feeling kinda blah and just want to mope around for awhile...I'll get back on later and see how everyone's doing...you all really sound so great and it just makes my day better just reading what you all have to say....
      I do want to say to SS--you continue to remain an inspiration and a role model...you just seem to me to be such a strong, courageous woman--honestly!! You take what happened last night and see the positive instead of beating yourself up...that's incredible to me!! I didn't stick to my "set goals" last night" either...didn't get shitfaced either...remember everything (which normally I would forget the night before) but just get so mad at myself....I know I am super hard on myself and pretty much demand perfectionism...which I am working on...but sorry to ramble...I very happy for you that things got worked out with you and your son...those are some tough years!!
      Everyone have a great SATURDAY---laundry and dishes---here I come!! Later
      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
      7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning birdies!

So glad to hear everyone is doing well! I'm so proud of all of you!

Yeah, I'm not really beating myself up over last night. I didn't get 'drunk'. And, it was kinda weird... I kept looking at my glass like "What's the big deal, anyways?" LOL... morale of the story is, it's not something that needs to be repeated any time soon - I really didn't enjoy it all that much.

And, I had a 2 hours+ conversation with my son (16 going on 40) - it seems he has made a 360 turn and is 'missing family'. He would like to come live with Mr. Wonderful and myself, even if that means that he will have to obey a lot more rules than now.

Renewal... Dill and Lilmea summed it up for me, too. I have no clue how you can keep that crazy schedule. April - thank you so much, hun. Dilly, I never jumped off the wagon all the way... just kinda had a leg dangling down... LOL Lilmea.. honey, you missed a couple crumbs... right... ---> there Btw... the blue quotes are when you quote the entire post... SD... ugggh.. laundry and dishes.. you too, huh? LOL

Ok, nestlings have a grand day... enjoy your weekend!

Over and out (for now)!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi everyone,lots of newbies,i use to belong to this forum,i still do,hahahaha,i dont no what day im on but its been a while,moderation ,or stopping totally ,is like blowing your nose,remember the 1st time,you blewyour nose,,all over your face,but you kept trying , and finally you hit the kleenix,hahahahahah have a wonderful day in whatever you do ,SS im glad to here your son is alright gyco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day Nestlings
            Waiting for my Sis to get here. She is late, as usual. We are going shopping. She is going to help me pick out and outfit for my job interview.
            I feel your pain Betty. I had the biggest battle in my sick Alkie brain last night. I used the acronym HALT to get through it. Was I hungry? Yes, so I went and had something to eat. Was I lonely? Yes. Sooo did I want to go sit in a bar and get hit on by other drunken idiots or did I want to go to an AA meeting? I went to the meeting. Sorry I skipped the "A" Was I angry? That was a No. Was I tired? Yes. So after the meeting I came home to relax. What a battle though. If I caved, I would never be up, dressed and ready to go out and enjoy the day with my Sis and cousin.
            Sunni butt, just jump right back in. We love ya.
            Would love a blueberry muffin. Thank you
            Get some rest PR. Sea is behaving.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Where my muffin???????
              RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lil, To get the quote to be in blue, here's what you do:

Highlight the part of the text you want, then copy it. Then, paste it into your message window.
                Next, highlight it again. Then, go to the tool bar at the top of the message window. Click on the icon that looks like a cartoon bubble with words. That puts the highlighted text in blue. Try it!
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lil, To get the quote to be in blue, here's what you do:
                  Thank you Dill-I'm becoming so hi tech. LOL

Sea-you rock girl!

Moony-I saved you a muffin. Nothing meaner than a hungry peep! :H

Gyco-loved your post. So simple...yet so true.

SD-It's all about learning how to reach the goals you've set for yourself. You can do it and there's lots of support here to help.

Now I guess I have to get back to doing what I was doing. Chirp at you all later.
                  AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, Lil, no problem! I was wondering the same thing for awhile, then a couple of weeks ago, on another thread, someone else asked the same question, and I don't remember who answered, but, that's how it goes. I learned it and passed it on!

Hey, Sunny bunny! Don't dangle the legs too often, or, more importantly, too close to the ground!

April, I thought I made enough muffins for everybody. I'll make more next time!

Sea, thanks for the reminder about HALT. It is so basic. So true.

Gyco, thanks for the nose blowing image, I think. I honestly do not remember EVER being that un-lady-like! Ah-hem. I believe my feathers have been ruffled!

SD, are you a packers fan because you live in WI? I am a Browns fan, but live in Bengal's territory.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning peeps,

Popa R-Hope you slept well and feeling better. When will those double shifts be over? We're all here holding down the nest for you.

Well it looks like everyone is sleeping in this morning. I've been have been having problems with my back and haven't been sleeping well the last few nights. Ah well, such is life and this to shall pass ect.ect. LOL!

I don't have too much planned for the day. Just a lazy Sunday and hanging around the nest. Sunday afternoons use to be the "witching hour" for me so maybe I'll check out what's playing at the movie theater.

I've started the coffee and I think Dill is bringing the muffins.

Hope everyone has a good day.
                      AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Lilmea and all to follow
                        My Sister literally had me shop until I dropped yesterday. I could not believe the sales!! I got a suit for my job interview for $35.00 Unheard of!! I also go a spring jacket for $7.00. The shoes that I bought were more expensive than the suit, but also on sale. Now, I just have to work on jewelry and this long, straight hair. I did not get to a meeting last night, but I am going this morning. We are expecting Another snowstorm later today, so I will be here in the nest. I increased my dose of LGlut and it seemed to make the cravings less intense yesterday. I think I will use the CD's later today, as they seem to help as well. Got my coffee. Where is dill with those muffins?
                        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here I am! I made blueberry and poppyseed! Lil, and Sea, You two are up pretty early for a Sunday! Hey, I'm just going to say a quick "Hi" and go back to drinking my coffee! Check with you later.
                          Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have been inspired by this site for a number of months and finally have the courage to join and post. I see myself in every one of your stories. I will not write 'my story' just yet as I am so shy and confidence is not there at all right now. Thank you for this site.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Welcome mypriviteme! You sound a lot like me. I read these forums for a long time before I finally worked up the courage to join and post. I am glad I did. It's been a real help to me. I hope you find the same!
                              Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning!!
                                Lil--You said something yesterday about my own goals I've set...it really got me thinking...you know it will be a month ago on Tuesday that I started the Topa and supps and cds ect...and my drinking has decreased from 8-12 beers a night!! Almost a month....and now I'm kicking myself and beating myself when I drink 4 a night...one an hour!!! Where was this ass whoopin a month ago when I was stumbling down the halls, waking up not remembering who I talked to the night before, or what I had said...I think even though I have stumbled this month a couple times and had more than 2 beers a night, I have done a pretty good job....considering it took me many many years to get to where I was...I can only hope each month my intake continues to get less and less..THAT will be my goal!! Thank you so much!!!!
                                Dill--I live in South Dakota....you'd think WI....but no, just love the Packers...well...more so I love Brett Favre!!!
                                Sea--I would LOVE to go shopping...I'm trying so hard to SAVE SAVE SAVE and get myself out a debt...I want to buy a house for my son and I this summer...I rent a house right now...but I want to know...with the L-Glut (which I will buy today) how much do I take???
                                Private--Welcome---feel free at your own time to share...I tend to share bits and pieces...never have shared the whole 'SDLOVES' story...not even sure I know where to begin with that one we are all here when you are ready!!
                                To all those yet to come WELCOME and GOOD MORNING!!!! Does anyone ever bring donuts??? Just curious...not trying to be picky
                                :hug:
                                "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                                7/29/12

Comment

Working...
                                X