Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I am also a huge packer and Favre fan. It is a bitter sweet love since I tend to get WASTED when I watch them. I am suffering a BIG setback right now and feel like complete crap. Ah, the life of an out of control drinker. I hate it. Its a terrible life. I am sure things will improve but not today.

Liath
    Liath

Comment

Newbies Nest

SD, I like donuts too! I was bringing muffins because they had berries and seeds in them!! LOL
      Liath, it's a journey. Learn from your mistakes and move on. You can do it. We can do it.
      I like the Packers, too, but my favorite team, after the Browns, is the Colts.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah the colts are pretty good. We are still reeling from the loss of favre. Rodgers is good but the rest of the team just self-destructed. I am trying to learn from my messy, sloppy, drunken incident on friday night but I am suffering MAJOR catholic guilt and probably withdrawls.. I wish this problem would go away. Has anyone tried the CDs? Do they help? I have the supplements but that is it.

Liath
        Liath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Liath--Aww yes the good ol Catholic guilt...don't ya love it?!?!? I'm actually hoping lent will help...or will it be one more thing to make me feel bad for if i make a mistake .....hahahaha!!! I have the cds...I don't know but I think they help ALOT....I haven't listened to them this week...I was in Florida....and I can tell....am going to start again tonight!!! I really really like them!!!!
          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
          7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Maybe I'll try it then. I just picture this disembodied voice saying over and over , "no, you do not want another drink. Water please..." or something like that and it seems kind of silly. Oh well, I'll try anything at this stage of the game.
            Liath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Recovering Catholic here.lol and Huge New England Patriots Fan!!! sd, I am taking 2000mg of LGlut, twice a day. I have the capsule form. Many people say that it is better in the bulk powder form, but I haven't been able to find it. Many people take much more than I do. It is not toxic at any level. Check out the Holistic thread for more info.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello nesters...

what a busy weekend.
                Very dreary here in New England today. hanging by the fire and af today.
                I hope you are all happy and well. The nest has become such a support for me.....I cant even describe it.
                Have a peaceful and restful evening everyone....I'm off the Red Carpet....to watch off course!!!!:H
                a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi peepers,
                  My goodness, all this sports talk! Renewal's going to love you chicklets!!

Liath,MPM-Welcome :welcome: Papa Renewal started the nest so all the new peeps would have a safe and comfy place. (Dare I say it? Yes I dare!) He's the rooster in this here hen house! HaHaHa!

Sea-Shoppin til ya drop! You're really going to look spiffy for your interview. When is it? And good luck if I don't talk to you before then.

Within-I set you over there taking it easy. Have a nice evening.

SD-sounds like you starting to work a good program for yourself. Anytime you fell like your ready for a 7 day AF challenge, I'll be your challenge buddy. Helps you-helps me btw...I've been AF 35 days and have saved over $300.00! Now if I could just stop smoking...!

Dilly-You have got to read IAD's post he put on MPM thread. He cracks me up! Just starting out section.

Papa R-I hope you're done with those double shifts. You are much missed here at the nest.

Okay all-See you all in the morning.
                  AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Where to begin?

Just stumbled across this site and have ordered mwo book. So many tape and pills. HELP! Any advice?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Do I need help?

:new:I drink a bottle of wine a day, but only in the evenings, my husband doesn't get home until 9 or 10 at night and I'm alone. I rarely drink hard alcohol, only when wine isn't available and only in equivalent amounts. I sometimes feel bad about this, at other times I only see it as a help for sleeping. I know this is way above minimum advised amounts but am never drunk. I can go without on certain occasions (vacation days etc.) but always begin again. So, to sum up, I want to stop, but am not motivated enough I think. Do I need help?

P.S. I live abroad and am not certain about finding the products listed on the site...
                      Edit/Delete Message:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lil, sorry to burden you with the sports talk. I thought you'd like the fact that my second favorite team is a Hoosier team!!!

Welcome to astart and hakun! This is a place that will offer you much comfort and help. Only you can decide if you need help. There is lots of advice on this site. Just explore and read, read, read!

Looking forward to seeing Renewal! Hope you made it through your marathon shift!
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, this is my first visit and am not sure how to start communicating. A little nervous to be honest.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello there my little ones......Brook, whatever you do.....DON'T be nervous....allow me to welcome you into 'the nest'. Nothing but warmth and support in here. Tell us a bit about yourself and how we can best help you. Really, just sharing your thoughts, fears, triumphs on here on a regular basis while you also support other 'newbies' is what it's all about. We are a family here....and we welcome you as a part of it.
                            Same goes to all you other newcomers....I've been gone the past couple days, but welcome all of you as well. Hope everybody has had a wonderful weekend....tucking you all in early so you can pull up a twig and watch the Oscars...enjoy.
                            Papa Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Brook, welcome! Happy to have you here! Take some time. Look around the site. There are a lot of folks here with lots to offer!
                              Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm new here, finally getting up the courage to post and say I need help after visiting several times before. I woke up at 5am last night, and after yet another night of drinking too much when I'd promised myself that I wouldn't, decided I need to do something. So I'm here, not really knowing what to expect, but feeling hopeful

Comment

Working...
                                X